Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Anybody know about any Mavic height adjustment
1556 9 2017-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Grotto13
Captain
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

Hi Everyone !
Looking for some feedback here please.
Im pretty sure i know my own ans based on reading manuel,forum and online research but anyway.
I live in an apt on a canal. i have flown up and down a bunch with no issues. I wanted to take off from my patio 5 stories up. When i set my take off point it sets, but shows im at zero feet instead of 20-30 . I know from all i read when i take off , if i fly below level of my take off point it will go negative and i wont be able to get back up to my level im thinking? If anybody knows anything AT ALL on this topic i will definitely appriecate any and all feed back! Thank you in advance for reading my post and any reply. Happy Flying ALL!
2017-4-21
Use props
Jason Lane
Second Officer
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

Pretty much all altitude readings and settings are relative to your take-off point. Take-off altitude = 0. If you fly below that, the altitude will show negative, but there's nothing wrong with that.
2017-4-21
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

if i fly below level of my take off point it will go negative

Correct.

and i wont be able to get back up to my level im thinking?

Incorrect. Yes, the height shown is relative to the takeoff point, but flying lower than that won't affect your ability to return to the original -- or a greater -- height.
2017-4-21
Use props
Irmantast
lvl.3
Norway

Not sure i understanding you right, but looks like you are affraid of losing signal and what happens then? It depends on the level that you set on RTH. If your RTH set to 30 meters, drone will go up to 30 meters over the zero point that drone has recorded on take off and drone will come back to you. Zero point is your patio 5 stories, not the real ground level.
2017-4-21
Use props
Jason Lane
Second Officer
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

The one notable exception is the VPS height. This is based on the sonar sensors, so it shows the height above the ground (or whatever is below the Mavic). This will never go negative, and only reads up to a max of 13m.
2017-4-21
Use props
Grotto13
Captain
United States

You guys all rock! Thank you so much for all the helpfull insite and so fast!  . It was hard to find definite answer on my own. Thanks again every1 and happy flying!!
2017-4-21
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Just a note... If your patio is CONCRETE you definetly have meta rebar in them. Mavic don't mix with metal and sooner or later your compass is going to screwe and you might loose your MP!!!
2017-4-21
Use props
Luka M
First Officer
Flight distance : 780233 ft
Australia

Yeh maybe look at taking off from a local park thats fairly quiet. If your in a highly populated neighbourhood or city you may need to travel some distance for a safer place for both the mavic and people nearby.
2017-4-21
Use props
Grotto13
Captain
United States

Thanks for the helpful hints and advise. There is def rebar in my patio for sure. Im on a canal straight away thats not often traveled so thought it be nice to do patio take off and fly up and down canal. I fly same route from the ground just thought it be cool to be able to just walk out to patio and take off.thanks again all!!
2017-4-23
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Captain
United States

Hi all trying to find some points ;)
2017-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules