Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Downlink quality issues
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Loadnabox
New
United States

Video downlink is choppy and glitches a lot.  Video recording is fine.
I previously resolved the issue by turning off hardware decode on my Galaxy S6, however the option is not available now.
Further complicating matters is that the drone was out for nearly two months to DJI for repairs.  In that time firmware updated, the app updated, and of course, there's the possibility of faulty repairs.

I'm eager for any suggestions since the issue makes FPV completely useless

2017-4-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, you do not see the USB debugging option in your device settings? You should see a USB debuging option now in the Go app's setting under the 'me' section as well.
2017-4-21
Use props
Loadnabox
New
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-21 12:07
Just to clarify, you do not see the USB debugging option in your device settings? You should see a USB debuging option now in the Go app's setting under the 'me' section as well.

Thanks,

I did enable USB debugging on the phone, same problem.
In the android developer options I tried enabling the "force hardware render" and same thing
To specifically answer your question, I do not see an option in the DJI Go 4 app for "Hardware Decode"  Previously disabling this helped tremendously.

The problem exists even when the drone is sitting five feet from the controller.  Even sitting still I can often watch the video go crazy for a moment or two
2017-4-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Loadnabox Posted at 2017-4-24 09:35
Thanks,

I did enable USB debugging on the phone, same problem.

The term hardware decoding is an iOS function, it wouldn't have been available on Android. The equivalent would be USB Debugging. If you haven't already, I would recommend trying the follwing button combination to ensure that the communication between the RC and aircraft are solid.

Reset the RC:
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

Manually relink the RC to the aircraft:
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD. This may take a few seconds of holding it.
*While holding the buttons, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.
2017-4-24
Use props
Loadnabox
New
United States

I downgraded the controller firmware to 1.6.0 and now everything works great
2017-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules