Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
NFZ warning while not being in a NFZ.
1622 12 2017-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Levurmion
lvl.1
Flight distance : 182710 ft
Indonesia

Yesterday I turned on my Mavic to check on the batteries and transfer footage to my PC from the safety of my home(red circle). However, it somehow managed to get GPS reception for a while and the RC indicated a NFZ warning. According to DJI's website, I am not in a NFZ. Is this a glitch of some sort?

red circle is my position

red circle is my position
2017-4-22
Use props
spendalifetime
New
United Kingdom

Im pretty new to this myself and having some problems with these NFZ's as well....but compared to all the airports I've looked at so far, that blue area looks incredibly small for the size of the runways etc. so maybe the size of the blue circle is wrong, and it should actually stretch out much further...I'm just guessing though...
2017-4-22
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Is this a glitch of some sort?

Possibly. Are you on the latest firmware? If so, you may want to consider downgrading because there have been lots of NFZ-related problems with the .600 firmware.
2017-4-22
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Likely a glitch. Being indoors the Mavic's GPS probably got an inaccurate fix placing you in or near the NFZ.
2017-4-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please test outdoors and provide me a screenshot of the map from DJI Go app.
2017-4-23
Use props
Flyfun10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 96217 ft
New Zealand

Mine did the same thing after the latest update, and yes I was indoors,  I think maybe inaccurate...as flew without fault at local park.
2017-4-23
Use props
Flyfun10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 96217 ft
New Zealand

Mine did the same thing after the latest update, and yes I was indoors,  I think maybe inaccurate...as flew without fault at local park.
2017-4-23
Use props
Levurmion
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-23 22:11
Please test outdoors and provide me a screenshot of the map from DJI Go app.

Here you go.

I guess indoors, the GPS was disrupted. This was taken from the roof of my house. However, I have checked maps from a couple other apps and turns out, I am just at the boundary of the airport's NFZ. 7km from it to be precise. Idk if this is an issue on DJI's maps or the other maps but I sure hope that there's going to be unanimous agrement across all of the NFZ maps available today.
S_5984385665647.jpg
2017-4-23
Use props
Levurmion
lvl.1
Indonesia

Here's the map from Airmaps. Although I still opt for DJI's current map though because there's a beautiful park nearby I plan to fly in the near future. Haha
S_5984442466673.jpg
2017-4-23
Use props
BengalBoy
First Officer
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just lost my Mavic Pro after a crash of the DJI GO 4 app.  After restarting it, the app told me my Mavic Pro was in a NFZ and forced "auto landing" in the Gulf of Mexico.  Be sure that you keep this in mind.  I'm not saying that it was this issue that is responsible for my lost Mavic, but, apparently, while in the air the Mavic Pro can be directed to auto land because the app thinks its in a "NFZ" zone when it is not.
2017-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Levurmion Posted at 2017-4-23 23:20
Here you go.

I guess indoors, the GPS was disrupted. This was taken from the roof of my house. However, I have checked maps from a couple other apps and turns out, I am just at the boundary of the airport's NFZ. 7km from it to be precise. Idk if this is an issue on DJI's maps or the other maps but I sure hope that there's going to be unanimous agrement across all of the NFZ maps available today.

Sorry I'm little confused. I don't see any error message indicates that you are in a NFZ.
2017-4-25
Use props
Levurmion
lvl.1
Indonesia

Yes which is why I am asking this too. Have you compared the two maps?
2017-5-7
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Levurmion Posted at 2017-5-7 03:06
Yes which is why I am asking this too. Have you compared the two maps?

Levurmion , I understand what you are trying to point out -- I would just use the DJI NFZ map because
                  that is the map that your Mavic is going by and trigger the NFZ or if your entering a NFZ
                  warning --- Sometimes when I power up my remote and Mavic indoors I get a NFZ warning
                  but it goes away after a couple of seconds .
                  The warning you are receiving is inaccurate due to poor reception
2017-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules