10 Day Repair Time LIE!
1226 8 2017-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Minnesota Q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183018 ft
United States

How many of you have been told, your repair will be fixed within 10days and returned to you as soon as possible?

Before I sent my drone in after a crash I contacted support threw their 818-235-0789

After being placed in que for about an hour I was able to talk with a rep.

He was very helpful talking me threw the return process, he reassured me that this process will only take 10 days to get fixed

I was very excited to hear the 10days and let him know I just started a business and have clients lined up in a few weeks, he again reassured me
Saying this process would only take 10 days and he would make sure my my drone was back to me within that time frame.

Well then reality set in.....first, their prepaid UPS is extremely slow, took 6 days from MN to CA.

Then after it was delivered it took another week before they "Received" my drone on their timeline

After being received it took only 2 more days before it was "Damage Assessed" another day for "Quoted"

After being emailed a bill after DJI Care told me this was covered and I would not have to pay anything,
They billed me $99

Now in limbo for them to repair my drone and send it back,

I've called Support 4 times, given reason for delay was they are back logged or its because they moved locations.
A "Supervisor" had called me a few times, saying he would give me free next day return after my drone is fixed
Free next day return and he would make sure my process would go more smoothly? Right.

Moral of the story, if you need your drone back fast, do not use DJI. Doesn't matter if you bought the Care Refresh, it's still very slow!
DO NOT BELIEVE THE 10 DAYS TURNAROUND TIMEFRAME!!!!!
2017-4-22
Use props
fans1034b56e
lvl.1
United States

This is very true and accurate. I think their call center is far away from the physical repair location. So the customer representatives don't have any idea of what's going on in the repair center. The just read their scripts over and over and say they will escalate things for you. But the thing is DJI didn't give any authority to the customer representatives, so they can't do anything for you. So it's really pointless trying to talk to them unless you are seeking information. I think the administrators on this forum are much more helpful than the call center people.

I suggest DJI get a help from consulting firm on how to improve their customer service.

2017-4-22
Use props
Minnesota Q
lvl.2
United States

fans1034b56e Posted at 2017-4-22 15:35
This is very true and accurate. I think their call center is far away from the physical repair location. So the customer representatives don't have any idea of what's going on in the repair center. The just read their scripts over and over and say they will escalate things for you. But the thing is DJI didn't give any authority to the customer representatives, so they can't do anything for you. So it's really pointless trying to talk to them unless you are seeking information. I think the administrators on this forum are much more helpful than the call center people.

I suggest DJI get a help from consulting firm on how to improve their customer service.

Maybe the issue is they are based out of China with how many sub locations in the US?

Maybe they are hiring Call Centers that answer for many different companies.

I do agree that the response here from admins get more results then online support or 818 support.
2017-4-22
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We're very sorry about it. Do you have a case number?
2017-4-22
Use props
codylerephoto
lvl.2
United States

Ha, same thing as me. I was on with chat 2 days before I sent mine in. I was told 10 day TA, and we are just about at a month and it's still "under repair".
2017-4-23
Use props
Minnesota Q
lvl.2
United States

codylerephoto Posted at 2017-4-23 16:07
Ha, same thing as me. I was on with chat 2 days before I sent mine in. I was told 10 day TA, and we are just about at a month and it's still "under repair".

It's happening to everyone and needs to stop
2017-4-23
Use props
codylerephoto
lvl.2
United States

Yeah, the second there is an alternative that matches up to DJI, I'm jumping ship.
2017-4-24
Use props
Minnesota Q
lvl.2
United States

codylerephoto Posted at 2017-4-24 08:51
Yeah, the second there is an alternative that matches up to DJI, I'm jumping ship.

That's the truth, if any American company could provide a similar product I'd be gone also.

Unfortunately we are forced to deal with horrible customer service until that ever happens.
2017-4-24
Use props
Jdrios89C
lvl.1

Colombia

It's About to time to BOYCOTT DJI, Nightmares only on these forums!!!, and the arrogance to avoid responsibility and to play the blaming card are astounding beyond belief. Such scam has to be exposed!
2017-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules