Drone Rules Question
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscb57bc03
New
Flight distance : 73301 ft
Australia

Hi All,

So after about my 5th flight I have had my first account with a "drone hater", she was angry about me flying above her house (216ft according to dji go) in order for me to get to my destination. I had to fly over numerous houses so its not like it was just her house. I have looked up drone rules for Australia and I don't think I have done anything wrong as I always kept a line of sight and never went over 400 ft and I am very far from any airports.

Did I do anything wrong?

Thanks for reading.
2017-4-22
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha fanscb,

There are a few of your countrymen on this Forum that can give you further information, but for basics what you were doing is a transit.  Transits are almost universally allowed.  In the US, the FAA, and a US Government division on privacy, suggests 300 feet of elevation for Transits.  In the US it is not a law or regulation, but tries to establish a "Common Sense" rule to show you are trying to respect privacy issues.

Depending on the circumstances, showing the view that you have from 220 feet to the person complaining can sometimes sedate the adversarial attitude of the "Hater".  We really cannot see anything of significance.  People tend to oppose things they do not understand.  Education is a great liberator!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-4-23
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

If she hassles you again report her to the police and also get an AVO
She doesn't own the airspace above her house.
2017-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules