P4P+ Third Party Apps ?!
2022 13 2017-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Poisony
lvl.1

Sweden

I just bought the P4P+ and realized it was not able to use 3rd party apps. I have to clue why DJI did this, it makes no sense at all.
And you are not even including your own "Ground Station" app in the P4P+ ??? Makes even less sense!

What is going on DJI, are you working on making 3rd party apps available for us with the integrated screen or AT LEAST the Ground Station app???

I'm really disapointed and I'm sure lots of people owning the P4P+ are too!

FIX THIS ASAP!
2017-4-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry that the built-in screen does not support to install third party apps recently and the GS Pro is not available for android devices.
We keep improving it to make it better.
2017-4-24
Use props
Poisony
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-24 00:45
Sorry that the built-in screen does not support to install third party apps recently and the GS Pro is not available for android devices.

So, does that mean that you are working on it? Will it be able to use third party apps or at least the Ground Station app?
2017-4-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Poisony Posted at 2017-4-24 01:26
So, does that mean that you are working on it? Will it be able to use third party apps or at least the Ground Station app?

We have not received the information from the R&D engineers recently, if it's available, we'll let you know.
2017-4-24
Use props
Poisony
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-24 01:30
We have not received the information from the R&D engineers recently, if it's available, we'll let you know.

Okey, then I'll just have to spend another $350 on a remote without the integrated screen. Thanks...
2017-4-24
Use props
mattran
lvl.2
Flight distance : 209708 ft
Australia

It has been said that Crystal sky will have ground station on it so hopefully Android devices will get it soon
2017-4-25
Use props
Poisony
lvl.1

Sweden

mattran Posted at 2017-4-25 00:55
It has been said that Crystal sky will have ground station on it so hopefully Android devices will get it soon

I really hope so... The answer I got form DJI Support was that the reason why Third Party Apps wont be available on the Pro+ is because "it stops recording flight data". I was like, WHAT?! All your other drones do not have a integrated screen and lots of pilots are using third party apps........it doesn't make any sense why you should'nt be able to use third party apps...Let us who bought your product to choose if we would like flight data to be recorded or not..
2017-4-25
Use props
SM-17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 179288 ft
Malta

Hahahaa, my note 4 is android 5.1.1 based, as the pro+ controller and can install all 3rd party apps, AND record flight data with no problems.

Dji support ....

2017-4-25
Use props
Poisony
lvl.1

Sweden

SM-17 Posted at 2017-4-25 02:33
Hahahaa, my note 4 is android 5.1.1 based, as the pro+ controller and can install all 3rd party apps, AND record flight data with no problems.

Dji support ....

Yeah wow... I really don't understand why DJI would not let us with the integrated screen use 3rd party apps. I really hope they fix this asap because it's a big problem..
2017-4-25
Use props
AzMountainMan
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-24 00:45

Is is still true that third party apps can not be installed on P4P+? The reason I ask, is I recently purchased a new P4P+ (built in screen) and I am having difficulty installing third party apps. Thank you for your advice.
2019-3-26
Use props
GoFly Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AzMountainMan Posted at 3-26 11:06
Is is still true that third party apps can not be installed on P4P+? The reason I ask, is I recently purchased a new P4P+ (built in screen) and I am having difficulty installing third party apps. Thank you for your advice.

You can install 3rd party apps now , i have done it on mine , its been so long tbh i cant remeber how i did it , but sure it was either on here or Youtube
2019-3-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

AzMountainMan Posted at 3-26 11:06
Is is still true that third party apps can not be installed on P4P+? The reason I ask, is I recently purchased a new P4P+ (built in screen) and I am having difficulty installing third party apps. Thank you for your advice.

As of this time, users can install third-party apps when the Phantom 4 Pro+, Phantom 4 Advanced+, Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 remote controller is updated to the latest firmware. However, DJI cannot be held responsible for any compatibility issues or other problems that occur as a result. If you experience any problems after installing a third-party app, we recommend uninstalling the app and/or restoring the controller to its original factory settings. Thanks for your support.
2019-3-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-27 11:37
As of this time, users can install third-party apps when the Phantom 4 Pro+, Phantom 4 Advanced+, Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 remote controller is updated to the latest firmware. However, DJI cannot be held responsible for any compatibility issues or other problems that occur as a result. If you experience any problems after installing a third-party app, we recommend uninstalling the app and/or restoring the controller to its original factory settings. Thanks for your support.

What apps?
Is that any app that runs on a regular P4 pro or just a few simple ones?
DroneDeploy and Pix4D still show the + models as not compatible.
2019-3-27
Use props
Ego^pFe
lvl.2
Italy

Labroides Posted at 3-27 16:53
What apps?
Is that any app that runs on a regular P4 pro or just a few simple ones?
DroneDeploy and Pix4D still show the + models as not compatible.

On P4P v2 + you can install all apps, even Litchi starting from Amazon App market.
The problem is that the third party apps won't connect to the drone.

This is a DJI shame, blocking the third party apps or prevent connecting other mobiles.
2019-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules