827 2 2017-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Runi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1548743 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Hi. I would really like if it was possible to have diffent setup for Still images and Video. At the moment I have my video setting set to D-Log and I most of the time record on the SSD cards. But when I switch to photo It is will also shoot the DNG images with the D-Log profile. Since it is DNG I would just like to preview the "standard" setting because when I import the images to Lightroom they usually are 1-2 stops to dark duo to the profile makes it look brighter. Also I would like it to bypass the D-Log setting so I can change the ISO settings. I have to turn of SSD recording in order to disable the D-Log quickest.
I would really like to hear how you guys tackle this or if you just accept that this is how it is?

2017-4-23
Use props
skypal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 560256 ft
Germany

Same here.

Besides the color profile, the constant change of the aperture is a real pain in the behind.
2017-4-23
Use props
Runi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1548743 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

skypal Posted at 2017-4-23 10:44
Same here.

Besides the color profile, the constant change of the aperture is a real pain in the behind.

I´m guessing you are using the X4s. I am shooting with the X5s so I do have manual control over the aperture. Shame if that is not the case for you.
I think that DJI should try to come up with a solution for this, so you can have individual settings for photos and video. Also to be able to save presets so you quickly can bulk change some settings if you need a different setup. The reason I would like this is that some parameters, when changed you end up resetting something else, such as custom settings. So if you go back to previous settings you need to change those parameters back as well. This can be very stressfull when the bird is in the air.

here is an exemple. Im in video mode, shooting ProRes 422 with D-Log. I swap to photos, I know now that my images will look under exposed in lightroom when imported. I need to go into settings, turn off the ProRes recording, go over to photos, change the profile to None. Now I know that what I see is more true to what I will se in lightroom. Then I have to change aperture, Iso, shutter speed to match up the exposure. When I have taken my stills, I need to do the whole thing again to get back to my ProRes settings for video recordings.
There must be a better way in the future for this.. I can not believe I am the only one fighting this issue.
2017-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules