Motor Not Starting
7213 16 2017-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KhimGT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23560 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Guys, have had the mavic for a few months now and working perfectly.Suddenly it doesnt want to start up for take off.
no error msgs displaying but the propellors just wont spin!!
2017-4-23
Use props
CelticWarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4033665 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Props won't spin or motors are not working,
2017-4-23
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Have you tried both the Auto-takeoff in DJI Go4 and using the sticks to initiate take off?
2017-4-23
Use props
KhimGT
lvl.1
United Kingdom

CelticWarrior Posted at 2017-4-23 08:03
Props won't spin or motors are not working,

Motors wont spin
2017-4-23
Use props
CelticWarrior
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Ok so really what I'm saying is, is your Mavic starting up and just when you try to fire up the motors they won't turn on. Is it connected to the app and can you see gps ready to fly, also have you tried auto start.
2017-4-23
Use props
KhimGT
lvl.1
United Kingdom

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-4-23 08:16
Have you tried both the Auto-takeoff in DJI Go4 and using the sticks to initiate take off?

Sticks dont initiate take off.
Auto takeoff and landing work. Sticks do not respond at all.
Controller displays "Ready To Go"
Binding controller to RC has been done too.
Very frustrating. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thnx
2017-4-23
Use props
KhimGT
lvl.1
United Kingdom

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-4-23 08:16

Binding controller to RC has been done too.
Very frustrating. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thnx
2017-4-23
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
United States

KhimGT Posted at 2017-4-23 16:00

So if auto take off works then your motors (and ESC) are good. It sounds like the Mavic is not recognizing the sticks at their full extents. A control calibration may fix that.
2017-4-23
Use props
KhimGT
lvl.1
United Kingdom

CelticWarrior Posted at 2017-4-23 15:59
Ok so really what I'm saying is, is your Mavic starting up and just when you try to fire up the motors they won't turn on. Is it connected to the app and can you see gps ready to fly, also have you tried auto start.

Yep Mavic starts up fine and motors wont fire up.
Yes connected to app and its shows ready to fly (no error messages).
Auto take off works but controller doesnt respond, i have to then also use auto function to land.
2017-4-24
Use props
KhimGT
lvl.1
United Kingdom

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-4-23 17:26
So if auto take off works then your motors (and ESC) are good. It sounds like the Mavic is not recognizing the sticks at their full extents. A control calibration may fix that.

I've carried out the control calibration too many times. lol
2017-4-24
Use props
CelticWarrior
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

KhimGT Posted at 2017-4-24 02:44

I would say your problem is with controller can you try paring it with AC
2017-4-24
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
United States

KhimGT Posted at 2017-4-24 02:44

In that case, I'd open a ticket with DJI. Something is preventing the Mavic from getting the command to take off. You could possibly live with just doing an auto-takeoff but I wouldn't do that since it indicates something is wrong with the RC and this could get worse or have other effects.
2017-4-24
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

Exact same problem here. Always start the motors using the sticks. Two flights yesterday first flight sticks wouldn't start motor, had to use swipe to take off. I could land using the sticks though. Second flight sticks did initiate the motor. Very odd. I just put it down to software buginess since the 600 update.
2017-4-24
Use props
Christian Irizarry
New

United States

Hi anyone I have a phanton 4.... I replace case and 2 motors,it turn on camera working fine but motors didn't spin
Any idea any suggestions
Thanks in advance
2019-3-8
Use props
MduB
New
Canada

Hello, I have a similar problem. Although I have yet to take off. My first flight attempts have failed. When I a try to take off one of the motors fails to spin. I receive a message saying that the motor is not working. When I try to rotate the propellers by had they spin freely on three of the four motors. The front right on does not spin by hand or when take off is attempted. I have contacted DJI support with this concern. I am disappointed as this is my first flight attempt for me and the drone. I will update this post. Thank you for any suggestions.
2022-1-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check the motor for any dirt etc, that may be jamming the motor. If you see any try poking it out with something SOFT i.e. something NOT HARD. Something hard may scratch the insulation on the stator windings and that is not a good thing. Alternatively try sawing at it with a sliver of paper. If that doesnt fix it replacing the arm and motor is not difficult PROVIDING you can solder.
I would suggest that you stop trying to start the motors until the jam is cleared and the motor rotates freely by hand or the motor has been replaced. Trying to drive a jammed motor via the electicity may damage something else.
2022-1-2
Use props
Footsoup
lvl.1
Flight distance : 702 ft
United States

MduB Posted at 1-2 13:22
Hello, I have a similar problem. Although I have yet to take off. My first flight attempts have failed. When I a try to take off one of the motors fails to spin. I receive a message saying that the motor is not working. When I try to rotate the propellers by had they spin freely on three of the four motors. The front right on does not spin by hand or when take off is attempted. I have contacted DJI support with this concern. I am disappointed as this is my first flight attempt for me and the drone. I will update this post. Thank you for any suggestions.

I have had the same issue. Right front motor. Mine spins by hand but not very well.
2022-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules