Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Replacing Ipad for Inspire -- 12.9 or no?
849 3 2017-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkySight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 143566828 ft
United States

I've had an iPad air 2 for a couple of years now and it works great but the darn glare. It was dropped last week. I did cry, just a little. lol Now, I need a new one. Debating what to get. i'm open to the idea of a big 12.9 pro or I could get the smaller 9.7 pro, or I could just get the new generation "Ipad" (dumb it doesn't have a new name).  It is only used for the Inspire and/or some marketing presentation or client views.
What do you all think?

Thank you!

2017-4-23
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I owned the larger Pro and had to get the adapter to mount it properly  , I found it just a  bit to big , go with the I pad pro standard size and get the Cell version with GPS, and 128 mb of memory .  This will get you the best processor out there and you will be very happy  and with the GPs you can use features like follow me .  Regarding the glare go to Hoodmanusa.com and look at there products or read my review they work great as does the Higharial , these are  a must for flying in bright sun .

HOODMAN  & HIGH-AERIAL  REVIEW , FOR THE GO APP DEVICE
donnie
2017-4-23
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Someplace I recall the 12.9" ran slower than the smaller 9.7" one.  Screen resolution or something.  Might be less battery life in the larger screen too.  Would be nice for autonomous flight planning software though.  The new  iPad seems to be a slower processor too along with fewer speakers and lower resolution cameras to cut the cost of the Pro model.  I'd go for the Pro 9.7" plus cellular if I had to due to GO 4 seeming to need more processor with each version and why overtaxed Android's seem to be stuttering a lot now.  Don't know which memory version though, maybe 64GB should be ample, even though my Air 2 plus cellular only has 16GB and is about full too.

2017-4-23
Use props
Sky Sight Films
Second Officer
Flight distance : 143566828 ft
United States

Thanks all! I decided to go with the 9.7 pro with cell. They only had black and silver available. I think I may need to go swap it for one with the white front as I'm in Texas and it gets super hot here. Thanks again! I was really wanting the 12.9 but I want to also say I heard somewhere of being slower by someone. It would be fun to walk around with a little tv though. lol
2017-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules