OM Gimble goes limp after 3-4 minutes
1379 2 2017-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans70b0613c
New
United States

I've had my OM for about 3 months now.  I use it with an Iphone 6 and DJI Go app.  At first everything seemed to work perfectly but lately after filiming for 5 mintues or so the gimble will just go limp.  The DJI Go app stays on and continues recording will no longer stabilize.  I can bump the trigger a couple of times and this usually brings it back on but not always.  I can power the OM off and on and it will pick back up for another 3-5 mintues and then go limp again.

I have the latest firmware and DJI Go app installed.  I have the phone property balanced on the OM.  I do use a plastic iPhone case on my iphone and have since I bought the OM.  It's not all that bulky and the phone seems to still fit OK inside the OM.

Any ideas on what could be the problem?  It's really annoying as I've had to reset the gimble multiple times during a shoot and then cut out the parts where the gimble goes limp.
2017-4-23
Use props
Dusty
lvl.1
Flight distance : 154833 ft
Australia

Ive been having this problem the last 2 flights. everything is going ok then it does a spas and limps looking sideways and down. Have to fly back, land,  reboot he P4 and off we go again. message on screen saying gamble issue contact DJI for repairs.. its only 5 months old. no heavy landings or anything..
2017-4-28
Use props
udaykn05
lvl.2
India

Hi,Ru getting an error message on the screen and does the Roll motor gets heavily heated while the gimble goes limp. I had experienced this.And if you r facing the problems of heating then its clear that the gimbal roll motor is not rotating freely.Just try to move the gimbal tilt motor and roll motor freely with your hand while its off and see if you are experiencing any restraint or is it free movement.
2017-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules