United States

#Quick Reply Here#http://app.airdata.com/main?share=ctoLlz
2017-4-23
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Some details would help us diagnose while we look at the log.
2017-4-23
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

It doesn't look like it fell in the lake but in the woods. Get a boat and follow the line and you might find it! The only error you got was to adjust antenna and weak signal or might had some magnetic interference.

Come to think of it, a month or so ago, some one lost their MAVIC in the same general area but to the bottom of your location close to Stage road???

Good luck!
2017-4-23
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Ulises,
         It looks like you went down B4 the lake into the trees ---  search that area good check the trees
your final flight data recorded said weak blocked signal adjust antenna's --- what was your controller settings for loss of signal -- hover or RTH ?? Send your flight data to DJI to be better analyzed asap keep looking for it in the meantime
2017-4-23
Use props
Ulises_moises
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95784 ft
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-4-23 19:11
It doesn't look like it fell in the lake but in the woods. Get a boat and follow the line and you might find it! The only error you got was to adjust antenna and weak signal or might had some magnetic interference.

Come to think of it, a month or so ago, some one lost their MAVIC in the same general area but to the bottom of your location close to Stage road???

it was definitely in the water, my daughter and I heard the splash, I went back to the woods there and nothing to find.....it was just a straight flight, no obstacles nothing in between
2017-4-23
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I am so sorry for your lost. Contact DJI support to get help. Good luck
2017-4-23
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

Ulises_moises Posted at 2017-4-23 19:14
it was definitely in the water, my daughter and I heard the splash, I went back to the woods there and nothing to find.....it was just a straight flight, no obstacles nothing in between

I see that the Mavic was approx. 1000 or more feet from you and if your sure you heard it hit the water , DJI is the only option left to find out what exactly happen with your Mavic --- I don't want to jump to conclusions,
That according to your data from AirData com it just dropped out of the sky --- from what the Moderators say here AirData com is not able to properly decrypt all of the Data  
Sorry for your loss
2017-4-23
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

As Skunks said contact support and download your DJI data file and good luck!
But again it si weird that someone else had the same fate in that area.???
2017-4-23
Use props
Ulises_moises
lvl.1
United States

it happened to someone else?? this was lake Lenape in south jersey
2017-4-23
Use props
Ulises_moises
lvl.1
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-23 19:13
Ulises,
         It looks like you went down B4 the lake into the trees ---  search that area good check the trees
your final flight data recorded said weak blocked signal adjust antenna's --- what was your controller settings for loss of signal -- hover or RTH ?? Send your flight data to DJI to be better analyzed asap keep looking for it in the meantime

it wasn't hovering or rth, I had it coming to me in sports mode
2017-4-23
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Ulises_moises Posted at 2017-4-23 19:39

It would seem that you made some beginner mistakes. There was no RTH point set. You received a signal warning so it may be that you had the antennas in a position that greatly reduced the signal so you should have corrected this immediately. There is something else which I have never seen before which says "Mode changed to 19". Have no idea what that is. Did you change anything else before going into Sport mode?
Unfortunately with a weak signal even the pause button would not have worked. If you had ensured you had a RTH set then it may have returned to you.
The log you posted is basically showing where the signal cut out so it could have flown further and probably is in the water.
2017-4-23
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

Yikes. I don't like jumping to conclusions, but this is starting to sound like another case of in-flight power loss. I'm not sure we'll ever know exactly what happened, but any information you can provide would be helpful. Were there any warnings on your screen? Did the RC suddenly just disconnect completely? Are you able to play back your flight within the app and see if there were any clues just before the crash?

Were you using the latest firmware and app versions? What was the build date of your Mavic? http://djiserialdecoder.x10host.com/
2017-4-23
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

SkunkWerxs was referring to a setting in your app. You can specify what the Mavic should do in case of Signal Loss. RTH, Hover, or Land.
2017-4-23
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

Ulises,
         Like Jason said it is a setting in the Go4 app you set this to Hover or RTH or Land if signal is lost
what did you have it set to ?
2017-4-23
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-4-23 20:35
Yikes. I don't like jumping to conclusions, but this is starting to sound like another case of in-flight power loss. I'm not sure we'll ever know exactly what happened, but any information you can provide would be helpful. Were there any warnings on your screen? Did the RC suddenly just disconnect completely? Are you able to play back your flight within the app and see if there were any clues just before the crash?

Were you using the latest firmware and app versions? What was the build date of your Mavic? http://djiserialdecoder.x10host.com/

Jason ,
          I don't either BUTTTTTTTTTTTtttttttt
2017-4-23
Use props
Ulises_moises
lvl.1
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-23 20:48
Ulises,
         Like Jason said it is a setting in the Go4 app you set this to Hover or RTH or Land if signal is lost
what did you have it set to ?

My.home point was set and recorded before flight, as a newbie i always make sure it does...the antenas were out and aligned with the remote, not up....i did not hit the rth button as it was a straight flight back to me, and nope no warning on the remote or app of any kind
2017-4-23
Use props
Ulises_moises
lvl.1
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-23 20:54
Jason ,
          I don't either BUTTTTTTTTTTTtttttttt

Its always set to rth, I was coming back in sport mode....i was using the last firmware, not the last update as i was reading all kinds of issues with the new update so decided to wait......that didnt help me at all lol
2017-4-23
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

Ulises_moises Posted at 2017-4-23 20:56
Its always set to rth, I was coming back in sport mode....i was using the last firmware, not the last update as i was reading all kinds of issues with the new update so decided to wait......that didnt help me at all lol

Ulises,
         You seem to have done nothing wrong other then not having the latest Go4 app -- this is why it's very strange
This is why I was saying to contact DJI asap -- I hope it all go's your way and by not being on the latest app
version doesn't become a problem  -- By the way if you had the latest version of Go4 there's a new option -- "Find My Drone" -- in your case you could have used it
to try and confirm where your drone is ,if there was still power left in the Mavic's battery and it was on land or maybe even in the water for a little while -- There are
YouTubes of drones going down into water and still recording video with fish swimming by <-------- I did not say this as a joke theres nothing funny about losing
a Mavic
2017-4-23
Use props
Gilur
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136716 ft
Israel

Hi Ulises,

I'm not to preach (worst think to do when one loses a tool)...and I didn't review your logs.
However,
From what people wrote to you - I would go out and spend another couple of hours looking for it on the ground (trees, bushes whatever is there).
For a couple of times I have spend many hours (and some times - days!!)  looking for lost 'birds'. except for once - they all came up successful so don't give up so fast.
Keep in mind a couple of things:
1. The mavic is very small. When I was looking for rc planes it was hard and demanding - so finding the Mav is much more challenging...
2. Try to view your route on the log, add some momentum and go look there. (don't take the last spot in your log as the precise location).
    Further more, don't forget that when you lost communication - the mavic was still flying. it probably took it some time to "switch" modes or stop or whatever it did...

Wishing you good luck
2017-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to hear about that.
Please sync your flight records from the DJI Go app and send an email to support.us@dji.com with your DJI account email and the date this occurred.
They will help to analyze the flight records and let you know what could have caused the issue.
2017-4-23
Use props
lhabdullah
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1486660 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Moises, have you found the drone? As other people suggested, spend few more hours as the last position was above the trees. Probably it landed on bushes and that makes it quite hard to find. Hopefully the bushes can provide good cushioning and your drone only suffer minor grazes. Notifications in airdata showed that the RTH was not recorded so probably it hover and landed few metres from the last location.
2017-4-24
Use props
CelticWarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4033665 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ulises_moises Posted at 2017-4-23 18:22
#Quick Reply Here#http://app.airdata.com/main?share=ctoLlz

First your AC didn't set home point , it would have been in your log under notification, although I must first say airdata logs are pretty useless you may get more out of phantomhelp or not.
But first you should sync your flights to dji cloud and then maybe try to contact a mod to see if he can give you a heads up on what might have occurred.

On most of these logs there is a chunk missing on the end of them, so your thinking is probably correct your aircraft crashed into the water, so I wouldn't be in a rush to getting a search party out looking.

Jason's thinking that this might be another inflight power cut, I'm not to sure about this, you received a signal warning just before last signal, if it was a power cut I think you might have got a battery warning, but who knows.

I do think dji might be able to extract a bit more from your log and this might tell us more, it's really important to come back here and let us know dji findings, I wish you luck.
2017-4-24
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

Ulises_moises Posted at 2017-4-23 20:54
My.home point was set and recorded before flight, as a newbie i always make sure it does...the antenas were out and aligned with the remote, not up....i did not hit the rth button as it was a straight flight back to me, and nope no warning on the remote or app of any kind

By the way, the antennae ARE suppose to be up, not pointing out towards the aircraft.
2017-4-24
Use props
M4BMW
lvl.4
United States

Mabey it was a fish you heard in the water?
2017-4-24
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

M4BMW Posted at 2017-4-24 03:51
Mabey it was a fish you heard in the water?

M4BMW , that can definitely be a good possibility --- I just wouldn't give up my search to soon  
2017-4-24
Use props
Ulises_moises
lvl.1
United States

Talk to DJI, I have to reply back with all the info.....and the waiting game begins...
2017-4-24
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

It looks like you may be near Tuckerton.  The FAA sectional charts show some large antennas in the area you were flying  that may have caused some interference.   From the Airdata logs, it appears the strongest interference was nearer to your start point.  Also be aware of the restricted area not far to your east.  On closer examination, you may be in the R-5002 area (see attached photo).

If you are using the latest version of DJI Go 4, you might try the Find My Drone (?) feature that will guide you to the last reported GPS coordinates.
Capture.JPG
2017-4-24
Use props
Ulises_moises
lvl.1
United States

I didn't get any interference warning...i was using the last version, not the last update, it looks like the last GPS was in the wood before the lake, it went blank completely there but I was flying back on sport mode and high so it didn't drop straight down, I was looking at the screen on my cell and heard the splash but my daughter did see it...at this point it's a complete loss to me, hopefully DJI replaces it, and am hoping someone here or DJI can tell me exactly what happened
2017-4-24
Use props
Ulises_moises
lvl.1
United States

I also have StateFarm, but that will be my last resort, as DJI should definitely make this right
2017-4-24
Use props
Mojito
lvl.2
United States

Question If there is a home with Ham-radio can it create distortion on our controller  enough to disconnect. One other question flight distance 15382 ft in 10:22 thats imagine no head wind.   Could the battery be sending false signal and the actual battery can be at zero internally. Are the cells monitor in the Log?
2017-4-24
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
United States

Good luck!  State Farm may be your best bet, but prepared to have your insurance canceled after they pay out.
2017-4-24
Use props
Ulises_moises
lvl.1
United States

Griffith Posted at 2017-4-24 05:55
Good luck!  State Farm may be your best bet, but prepared to have your insurance canceled after they pay out.

Yeah, i figure that, but at least i recover my loss, but if DJI does not come through i Will not be buying another one...whats to say that the new one wont do the same??
2017-4-24
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
United States

Airdata shows good battery voltage and balance during the whole flight.  It's interesting that there was a fair amount of Minor Signal Errors which seem to be greater around the lake - Although signal strength (from the Mavic)  was high.  This seems to indicate that there could have been minor (or major :-) interference with the control signal. I noticed several airports close by.  Do any of those have radar facilities? In other situations, I've witnessed strong radar causing periodic interruption in communications (multiple frequencies) as it  rotates by.
2017-4-24
Use props
Ulises_moises
lvl.1
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-23 19:13
Ulises,

Thanks!! I went back and looked everywhere just in case
2017-4-24
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Ulises_moises Posted at 2017-4-23 20:54

Unless you have described the position of your antennas incorrectly, it sounds like they were not in the optimal position. If the remote is on a flat surface, the antennas need to be at about 45 degree angle facing you. This video has been out for a while but is still relevant.

2017-4-24
Use props
Ulises_moises
lvl.1
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-4-24 22:08
Unless you have described the position of your antennas incorrectly, it sounds like they were not in the optimal position. If the remote is on a flat surface, the antennas need to be at about 45 degree angle facing you. This video has been out for a while but is still relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE&t=12s

Thanks, someone corrected me on that already, but that wasnt the reason
2017-4-25
Use props
Ulises_moises
lvl.1
United States

Looking at the video, didn't even catch on the camera hitting the water, everything stopped midair
2017-4-25
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

Ulises_moises Posted at 2017-4-25 11:49
Looking at the video, didn't even catch on the camera hitting the water, everything stopped midair

If it's not recorded and just stopped mid air then the theory about "power outage" could be more realistic some how. Hope it will work out to the best and that you find it.

2017-4-25
Use props
Ulises_moises
lvl.1
United States

https://youtu.be/lKOcfPZ8DAQ

Link to the last 2 minutes of the flight, I did not stop the video, it cut off just like that
2017-4-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules