Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
*Introducing the Ronin 2*
9362 15 2017-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Check it out on the official page here!

DJI, the world’s leader in creative camera technology, today introduced Ronin 2,  the three-axis camera stabilizer redesigned to give filmmakers the  freedom to capture any scene they can imagine. Based on DJI’s  transformative gimbal technology, Ronin 2 has more power and torque to  carry larger cameras, is more versatile to be used in every situation,  and has more intelligent features to allow for unprecedented camera  moves that help realize every creative vision.

“Ronin  2 dramatically improves every aspect of the camera operating experience  and is the best stabilizer we have ever made,” said Paul Pan, DJI  Senior Product Manager. “Completely redesigned to meet the needs of  today’s camera professionals, Ronin 2 makes it easier than ever to  capture stunning cinematic footage under the widest variety of  situations.”

A Powerful Platform For Creative Freedom

Ronin  2 gives filmmakers complete freedom to select the right camera for the  shot. An enlarged camera cage and 50mm extendable arms support  everything from DSLRs to full cinematic cameras and lenses. Powerful  gimbal motors ensure sufficient torque to handle payloads up to 30  pounds. Aided by onboard GPS, the powerful encoded motors let Ronin 2  travel at speeds of up to 75 mph while delivering the same 0.02 degrees  of sub-pixel level precision that Ronin users have come to expect.

Versatile Mounts and Movements

With  a new design and detachable Grip, Ronin 2 brings custom stabilization  to the full range of camera mounts that directors rely on. From basic  handheld and jib configurations to Ready Rig, plus cable cams, vehicles  and drones, Ronin 2 provides a wide range of creative flexibility. A new  two-axis operation mode for mounting to Steadicams offers unique and  creative movements that were once impossible to perform. The quick  release mount makes it easy to transfer seamlessly from one scene to the  next, giving filmmakers new freedom to explore every perspective with  stability and control. A redesigned dual band 2.4/5.8 GHz remote allows  minimized interference for full control during remote and two-person  operation at a range of nearly 1.5 kilometers.

Faster To Set Up and Easier To Use

Every  detail of Ronin 2 has been improved for quick setup and easy operation.  New axis locking levers and fine tuning knobs deliver faster and more  precise balancing, while the Auto Tune Stability feature intelligently  adjusts motor parameters for optimal use in seconds. A new integrated  touch screen with 1,000 nits of brightness lets professionals directly  configure the gimbal settings for on-the-fly adjustments and for full  control of mounted RED cameras.

Redesigned Frame with Centralized Power

Ronin  2 features a redesigned carbon fiber monocoque style frame, providing  the highest quality manufacturing ever in a handheld stabilized camera  rig while making the platform durable, lightweight and easy to carry.  New fold-away feet enable the operator to set the platform down during  handheld filming without the need for a separate stand. A splash-proof  enclosed motor design with internally routed power, SDI and data cabling  enables worry-free shooting in the most demanding environments.

Integrated  power and data ports make Ronin 2 a centralized system for cameras and  all accessories without the need for multiple power systems. It features  four 14.4-volt (8 amps total) ports near the camera cage, two 12.6-volt  (4 amps total) ports near the pan motor, and one P-Tap 12.6-volt (4  amps) outlet on the battery mount.

Dual  hot-swappable batteries provide continuous uptime without ever powering  down. They are capable of operating simultaneously and independently to  provide 2.5 hours of runtime to power the gimbal and a RED Dragon  camera. Ronin 2 uses the same ultra-fast charging, high-capacity,  self-heating batteries as the DJI Inspire 2, simplifying battery  management and guaranteeing reliable power in extreme cold temperatures  down to -4 degrees Fahrenheit. The battery system is fully detachable to  provide a portable power supply for any 12-volt P-Tap powered camera or  accessory.

Enhanced Intelligent Features

The  completely updated DJI gimbal assistant mobile app provides a more  intuitive and easier-to-use interface for bringing a cinematic vision to  life. It includes new studio-oriented functions to easily capture  complicated camera moves that once required specialized expertise or  additional equipment.

The  new Panorama mode automatically controls Ronin 2 to create still image  panoramas that account for the camera sensor type and lens focal length  as well as the user-defined overlap rate. Its new Timelapse mode can  program multiple movements and camera actions at different points along a  route, and view progress in real time. And the new CamAnchor mode lets  operators quickly record a preferred gimbal orientation at particular  locations, then revisit them with a simple touch as the camera moves  from point to point.

The  intelligent SmoothTrack system that provides stable images while the  camera is on the move has been enhanced with an updated algorithm for  keeping Ronin 2 in sync with the operator’s movements. For every  scenario encountered by a professional camera, Ronin 2 users can  fine-tune how their rig responds to new movements along all three axes.

Availability

Ronin  2 will be available in the second quarter of 2017 from dji.com, DJI  Flagship Stores, DJI Authorized Retail Stores, and DJI Resellers  worldwide. Pricing will be announced prior to availability.

Photos, Videos and More Available For Download

More product information is available on the DJI website: http://www.dji.com/ronin-2

• Short film “The Legacy” made with Ronin 2:
  • Behind the scenes of filming “The Legacy”:

2017-4-23
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Captain
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice piece of gear there.
2017-4-24
Use props
FrequentFlyer
Second Officer
United States

I want it!
2017-4-24
Use props
Dave Kent
lvl.1
United States

I think I just saw one of these on TV being used.
Interesting piece of gear.
2017-4-24
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Dave Kent Posted at 2017-4-24 09:13
I think I just saw one of these on TV being used.
Interesting piece of gear.

Where'd you see it, Dave?
2017-4-24
Use props
fans29fd13cb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 202156 ft
United States

Wow. At 12lbs this is the heaviest handheld professional gimbal. RIP my back.
2017-4-24
Use props
JPUAV
lvl.1

United Kingdom

This looks like a serious bit of gear, a real shot across the bow of Freefly's MoVI range as well. Can't wait to get to grips with the Ronin 2 and testing it out against the Ronin-MX.
2017-4-25
Use props
Dave Kent
lvl.1
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-4-24 09:15

You know I can't remember exactly, sorry.  It was on regular TV , I think it was some reality TV show maybe?
I`ll keep my eyes open and try and find it again, I fairly sure it was this product due too the fact the way
it was shaped and around the persons body, I had never seen this before that's why it caught my eye , Or maybe it was on a RT production.....
2017-4-25
Use props
Dave Kent
lvl.1
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-4-24 09:15

Sorry DJIjoe,
I figured it out the unit I saw on TV was a regular Ronin.
Again Sorry
dk
2017-4-26
Use props
Rhidz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 559616 ft
United Kingdom

Looks like a lovely bit of kit!
2017-4-27
Use props
C1utch
New
United States

That's some awesome stuff!
2017-4-27
Use props
Jerryjin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 583146 ft
United States

More professional in filming market?
2017-5-2
Use props
DivenParker
Second Officer

United States

Is this drone's price 300,000RMB?
2017-5-10
Use props
Roberto Hurko
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15395735 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

i want !!!
2017-5-10
Use props
fans26009496
New
Flight distance : 36122 ft
United States

Cool
2017-5-20
Use props
mattbeardsley
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85850 ft
  • >>>
United States

How long will the wait be for a Matrice big enough to lift it?  SDI Lightbridge / Red control via GO.. oh man, that will be awesome
2017-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules