Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
NEW! Cendence RC, Tracktenna, CrystalSky, DJI Circle
123Next >
21792 95 2017-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

DJI Introduces New High-Performance Accessories and Service Plan To Help Professional Customers Get The Most From DJI Products

Customizable Remote Controller, High Gain Antenna, High-Intensity  Display And Premium Customer Support Offer New Benefits For  Professionals

DJI, the world’s leader in creative camera technology, today  introduced new high-performance hardware and a premium customer support  program to help professional customers get the most out of their aerial  and handheld imaging equipment. The new Cendence remote controller, DJI  Tracktenna high-gain antenna and CrystalSky monitor provide personalized  controls and better performance for the most demanding uses, while DJI  Circle delivers a new premium tier of support for DJI products and the  people who rely on them to do their jobs.
  “From rescue crews to software developers, from filmmakers to  contractors, DJI’s professional customers demand the highest performance  from our aerial platforms and handheld stabilizers,” said Paul Pan, DJI  Senior Product Manager. “We are committed to giving them the tools they  need to do their jobs right, so they can accomplish their goals with  more power, precision and control than ever before.”

Cendence - Customizable Remote Control
View it on DJI.com

The  new Cendence remote controller is DJI’s first multi-platform controller  for professionals who need versatility, efficiency and personalization  at their fingertips. Its intuitive ergonomic design fits perfectly in  your hands, allowing easy access to programmable function buttons and  dials.

Users can program and store customized button configurations for  different flight and shooting options, and can use two dials to adjust  the pitch and yaw of the gimbal at the same time. With Cendence, pilots  have instant access to functions like ISO, sharpness, shutter speed,  focus and more, without navigating the touch menu settings on their  mobile device. Cendence features built-in SDI and HDMI video  transmission ports for live HD broadcast and streaming applications, and  can be easily adapted to use DJI’s Lightbridge or WiFi video  transmission technology.

The controller mounts smartphones, tablets and DJI’s high-brightness  CrystalSky monitors, and also features a smaller secondary screen to  display critical telemetry data. Long battery life of up to 4 hours and  the ability to easily exchange batteries make power management easier  and longer flights possible. Cendence is compatible with DJI’s Matrice  200 and Inspire 2 drones. Cendence will be available later this year,  priced at $999 (USD).

Tracktenna - Improved Flight and Data Communication
View it on DJI.com

DJI  Tracktenna is a high-gain antenna that ushers in a new era of remote  wireless communication by improving signal reliability over long  distances and resisting interference. Its built-in sensors and two-axis  gimbal automatically point the antenna to the aircraft at all times,  bolstering the connection even while the operator is in motion or on a  vehicle.                                                                                                        
When installed on the new Cendence controller in optimal conditions,  DJI Tracktenna can boost signal transmission to over 6.2 miles (10 km),  giving professionals increased responsiveness and confidence when  performing complex flights like search and rescue missions, power line  inspections, pipeline inspections, live HD broadcasting, filmmaking and  more. Pilots should always understand and follow any applicable laws and  regulations regarding flight distance.

DJI Tracktenna supports transmission speeds of up to 10 Mbps within  1.24 miles (2 km) for data-intensive applications. It supports both 2.4  GHz and 5.8 GHz frequency bands, giving it greater signal stability.  Pricing and availability for DJI Tracktenna will be announced at a later  date.

CrystalSky - Brighter Dedicated Monitors
View it on DJI.com

The  CrystalSky family of dedicated monitors offers a brighter and more  reliable display screen for pilots, photographers and filmmakers who  need more robust visual information than is available on smartphones and  tablets. The CrystalSky series features displays up to 2000 cd/m2, which is four times brighter than a typical smartphone or tablet, allowing clear screen visibility even in full daylight.

CrystalSky monitors are available in 5.5-inch and 7.85-inch sizes.  They attach directly to the new Cendence controller, and use a new  dedicated mounting bracket to attach to other DJI controllers. They are  designed to operate in temperature ranges from -4 to +104 degrees  Fahrenheit, and can operate for up to 6 hours in ideal conditions using a  secondary external battery.

CrystalSky runs optimized versions of the DJI GO, DJI GO 4 and DJI  Pilot apps, and includes two microSD card slots for rapid storage and  playback of encoded 4K video. CrystalSky will be available soon in three  configurations: a 5.5-inch, 1000 cd/m2 version for $469 (USD); a 7.85-inch, 1000 cd/m2 version for $699 (USD); and a 7.85-inch, 2000 cd/m2 version for $999 (USD).

Premium Customer Service
For professional and advanced customers with demanding needs, the new  DJI Circle program delivers a premium customer support program  dedicated to ensuring world-class service whenever help is needed. The  program offers broad coverage over a twelve-month period for up to five  DJI products, including the Inspire, M600, Mavic Pro and Phantom drone  series, and the Ronin and Osmo series of handheld stabilizers.

Each DJI Circle member receives the services of a personal DJI  concierge to guide them through the many benefits of the program, and to  ensure they can take advantage of those features easily and  efficiently. The concierge can manage expedited battery rentals,  prioritize product shipments, field technical support questions, provide  information tailored to members’ particular needs, and invite them to  exclusive DJI events where they can network with both DJI product  managers and industry experts. With one single point of contact from  around the world – including backup concierges available around the  clock, every day of the year – DJI Circle members are free to focus on  their creative needs.

DJI Circle benefits include:

• Battery Rental Service –Upon request, batteries  will be delivered to ensure your DJI devices always have as much power  as needed to get you through your project. This service also helps avoid  air travel restrictions associated with some DJI battery technology.
  • Device Repair and Backup Service – Receive  coverage for repair of accidental damage to DJI products, up to $15,000  (USD) annually. When sending a product to DJI for repair you will  receive a temporary replacement device to use until the repair is  complete, minimizing delays so you can meet project deadlines.
  • Global SOS Service – Gain access to emergency  medical services in the event you become ill or injured while traveling,  letting you confidently take on projects in remote locations around the  world.
  • Exclusive Membership Benefits – Be among the first  to receive new DJI products, plus gain exclusive access to DJI events  and networking opportunities, helping you stay connected and at the  forefront of aerial imaging technology.
  • Airport Lounge Access – Travel in comfort with free access to more than 850 airport lounges across the globe.

To ensure premium service quality, DJI Circle will first be available  starting in May by invitation only to customers in the United States  and mainland China, starting at $4,699 (USD) for a 12-month period. To  request an invitation for future opportunities to become a DJI Circle  member, email djicircle@dji.com.

DJI at NAB 2017

Cendence, DJI Tracktenna and CrystalSky are on display at the DJI  booth at the NAB Show in Las Vegas, Nevada from April 24-27, alongside  the new Ronin 2 professional stabilizer and the entire DJI product line  of creative camera technology. Conference attendees should visit DJI  booth #C2807 in the Central Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center.

2017-4-23
Use props
Jesper J
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

As i read it, this is not supported for the M600, so once again, all of us industrial users are left out again, yes, again!!! But this should not come as a surprise to any one, the M600 is allready an outfased craft.

DJI qoute: "From rescue crews to software developers, from filmmakers  to  contractors, DJI’s professional customers demand the highest  performance  from our aerial platforms and handheld stabilizers"... Yes, but did we get it? NO...

Can someone PLEASE go too the DJI booth at NAB and ask them why loyal industrial customers are left behind again!!!
2017-4-23
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

A simple, straightforward question: will the CrystalSky monitors allow the use of third-party Apps? And will thee be a GS Pro App for Android by then?
2017-4-24
Use props
fans0a996460
New
Flight distance : 132930 ft
Netherlands

Ok, but how to mount the monitor to the Mavic controller? Thats the question.
2017-4-24
Use props
hellolaco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77477 ft
Hungary

fans0a996460 Posted at 2017-4-24 03:38

just like your smartphone, it will come with a bracket.
2017-4-24
Use props
fans0a996460
New
Netherlands

hellolaco Posted at 2017-4-24 03:49
just like your smartphone, it will come with a bracket.

Sure? Never saw that. No pictures of mavic remote incl crystal sky....
2017-4-24
Use props
Johnny1000
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9319501 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-4-24 01:35
A simple, straightforward question: will the CrystalSky monitors allow the use of third-party Apps? And will thee be a GS Pro App for Android by then?

You can answer the question by yourself. If you look at the FAQ from the Cristalsky Monitor, you can read at question no. 13 a clearly "NO".
In my opinion, I am also a little bit disappointed, but maybe there is another way how we can install third party apps.
2017-4-24
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524908 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can you tell me how this would work with the OSMO Pro? I see there is a beta test for a USB cable for the OSMO/Crystalsky but where on the OSMO would it connect - ALSO - will there be a mount for the larger CS screen on the Osmo handle?
2017-4-24
Use props
OhOhDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 526076 ft
United States

I can't wait for the CrystalSky. I wished the 5" model would come with 2000 nits.
2017-4-24
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Premium Customer Service
For professional and advanced customers with demanding needs, the  new  DJI Circle program delivers a premium customer support  program  dedicated to ensuring world-class service whenever help is  needed. The  program offers broad coverage over a twelve-month period  for up to five  DJI products, including the Inspire, M600, Mavic Pro and  Phantom drone  series, and the Ronin and Osmo series of handheld  stabilizers.

So, for an annual fee of
4,699 USD you get a premium quality service for your drone.

I really try to understand this service,.......but i really don't get ?
A Mavic pro cost you 999 USD or 1299 USD for the combo?
So when i buy 4 of them and fly one i have 3 spare ones.
Then if i crash no.1, i grab one of the other 3.
After a year i sell the lot and in all it's a lot cheapier then this premium service.

Or do i miss something?

2017-4-24
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
Ireland

Anyone want to buy a kidney off me so i can buy a CrystalSky
2017-4-24
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

Johnny1000 Posted at 2017-4-24 05:28
You can answer the question by yourself. If you look at the FAQ from the Cristalsky Monitor, you can read at question no. 13 a clearly "NO".
In my opinion, I am also a little bit disappointed, but maybe there is another way how we can install third party apps.

I see... Then the answer to FAQ #2 should read "The maximum brightness on most smart devices is often between 500 cd/m2 and 705cd/m2. The High Brightness CrystalSky monitor and Ultra Brightness monitors reach 1000cd/m2 and 2000cd/m2 respectively, ensuring comfortable viewing under bright light outdoors. Oh, and BTW, you can NOT use Third Party Apps with it"...
2017-4-24
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

Mcflying Posted at 2017-4-24 10:01
Premium Customer Service
For professional and advanced customers with demanding needs, the  new  DJI Circle program delivers a premium customer support  program  dedicated to ensuring world-class service whenever help is  needed. The  program offers broad coverage over a twelve-month period  for up to five  DJI products, including the Inspire, M600, Mavic Pro and  Phantom drone  series, and the Ronin and Osmo series of handheld  stabilizers.

You are a "Hobbyist" , the DJI Circle is aimed at "professional and advanced customers  with demanding needs " ...  
2017-4-24
Use props
carlosbsantana
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1320591 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

so on DJI's website on the supported devices list of the CrystalSky there is no mention of the Mavic Pro, but it is shown below with the other devices. Can they be used together? I guess if yes, they will be selling a bracket specially for its controller. And if the work together I guess this is one way to get an HDMI output from the Mavic
2017-4-24
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

carlosbsantana Posted at 2017-4-24 10:48
so on DJI's website on the supported devices list of the CrystalSky there is no mention of the Mavic Pro, but it is shown below with the other devices. Can they be used together? I guess if yes, they will be selling a bracket specially for its controller. And if the work together I guess this is one way to get an HDMI output from the Mavic

According to the manual: "Compatible DJI Products: Osmo series (Osmo Mobile excluded), Inspire, Matrice, Phantom 3 (P3P, P3A), and Phantom 4 series."
2017-4-24
Use props
fans0a996460
New
Netherlands

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-4-24 10:25
I see... Then the answer to FAQ #2 should read "The maximum brightness on most smart devices is often between 500 cd/m2 and 705cd/m2. The High Brightness CrystalSky monitor and Ultra Brightness monitors reach 1000cd/m2 and 2000cd/m2 respectively, ensuring comfortable viewing under bright light outdoors. Oh, and BTW, you can NOT use Third Party Apps with it"...

If thats really true than its a no go.
No Litchi?
No GS Pro?

We will see the next weeks or months....

Peter
2017-4-24
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-4-24 10:26
You are a "Hobbyist" , the DJI Circle is aimed at "professional and advanced customers  with demanding needs " ...

How many post will get you that status
2017-4-24
Use props
carlosbsantana
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1320591 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-4-24 11:19
According to the manual: "Compatible DJI Products: Osmo series (Osmo Mobile excluded), Inspire, Matrice, Phantom 3 (P3P, P3A), and Phantom 4 series."

I wanted to include a photo of two different places whee the Mavic is shown but I'm on my phone right now. it's under the crystalsky site and also on the product buying pages
2017-4-24
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

carlosbsantana Posted at 2017-4-24 11:49
I wanted to include a photo of two different places whee the Mavic is shown but I'm on my phone right now. it's under the crystalsky site and also on the product buying pages

I see what you mean. I'll try to clarify this asap.

Edit: It's compatible with the Mavic and a mount will be released shortly. I need to talk to the team about the manual and website not mentioning the Mavic explicitly.
2017-4-24
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

... but i cant see the price for the crystal sky neither the price for the 7,8´ and not for the 5,5´.
2017-4-24
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Peterx Posted at 2017-4-24 12:16
... but i cant see the price for the crystal sky neither the price for the 7,8´ and not for the 5,5´.

http://store.dji.com/product/crystalsky

5.5" = $469
7.85" = $699
7.85" (Ultra Brightness) = $999
2017-4-24
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

As the Crystal sky monitor is Android based i would have to pass that by,   so that means no GS Pro,  and Potential software nightmares all over again, after 4 months of not being reliable, i changed to IOS ipad 4 mini cell, and it now behaves, i wont afford the chance !
2017-4-24
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

Mcflying Posted at 2017-4-24 11:47
How many post will get you that status

Uh, I don't think I will ever get there, I'm already too old  and my demanding needs are more on the geriatric side :-)  -and look at my mileage......  hope the weather here gets better soon...  
2017-4-24
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-4-24 11:19

Please can you answer this.. I posted earlier but you didn't respond...

I see there is a beta test for a USB cable for the OSMO/Crystalsky but where on the OSMO would it connect - ALSO - will there be a mount for the larger CS screen on the Osmo handle?
2017-4-24
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Satureyes Posted at 2017-4-24 16:13
Please can you answer this.. I posted earlier but you didn't respond...

I see there is a beta test for a USB cable for the OSMO/Crystalsky but where on the OSMO would it connect - ALSO - will there be a mount for the larger CS screen on the Osmo handle?

There is a USB port on the X5 camera body to which it will connect. I haven't seen the Osmo mount yet.

This was incorrect. It will use the added port when using the X5 adapter above the trigger.
2017-4-24
Use props
Mavic Jim
lvl.1
Flight distance : 127697 ft
United States

Awesome mount!  https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2017-4-24
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

So if you fly an M600 w/ the old controller you are not a "professional"?
2017-4-24
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

FuZZyPiLOT Posted at 2017-4-24 10:09
Anyone want to buy a kidney off me so i can buy a CrystalSky

A Hoodman is a hell of a lot cheaper....
2017-4-24
Use props
Peter van der S
New
Netherlands

Mavic Jim Posted at 2017-4-24 16:45
Awesome mount!  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7RFDBA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And now think about the battery on the back of the monitor....
2017-4-24
Use props
fans105fe922
lvl.1
Australia

Will we be able to plug the tracktenna into a stock DJI Inspire 2 controller seen I just bought a second controller?
2017-4-24
Use props
WiSi-Testpilot
lvl.3

Germany

Hello Joe,
is the Crystal Sky compatible with the Lightbridge 2? The LB2 is not listed in the manual and in the store.
Best regards,
Wilhelm
2017-4-24
Use props
Jesper J
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2017-4-24 17:11
So if you fly an M600 w/ the old controller you are not a "professional"?

Correct, your according to DJI an amature.
2017-4-24
Use props
JPUAV
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Good to have a bit more information about the CrystalSky Monitors - can't wait to see if they live up to the hype.

As for the other goodies, it's definitely been a busy NAB for DJI so far, I think we need to see more of the Tracktenna but the Cendence definitely sounds like something people should be getting excited about.
2017-4-25
Use props
JoiCam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 771434 ft
Iceland

One question here
It says that the Cendence remote controller will work with Lightbridge but it does not say LB1 or LB2.
So will Cendence work with Lightbridge 1 along with the A2 controller?
2017-4-25
Use props
dopey-tree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2017-4-24 17:12

;) steady now! I do like the look of the new controller though!
2017-4-25
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2017-4-24 17:12

and a hell of a lot more impractical and useless unless you use the tunnel which then means you can't operate the screen properly
2017-4-25
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-4-24 16:27
There is a USB port on the X5 camera body to which it will connect. I haven't seen the Osmo mount yet.

This does not make sense - Surely it will hinder the movement of the gimbal? A wire coming out of the camera head?
2017-4-25
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

I will have a blog and info for Cendence, CrystalSky and TrackTenna via website forum, tutorials and discussion and I bought DJICircle.com which will be a forum for the very exclusive group of pro film makers who will be diving into their pockets for this AWESOME (although a joke to some) customer service that the people spending $100s of on gear deserve.

I will post when each is released and it will be based on my teams time and our thought of importance.

Stay tuned but while there is no doubt that the centralized place for good info from DJI is DJI, it is also good to have places where you can not be censored by the company.

That said, I have found almost zero censorship here from DJI which is to their credit. They let you speak your mind here and I don't think they get enough credit for letting us do so.  Not many other companies would allow the things said here to occur.  

I am getting more and more respect for DJI and what they are doing with each year.  There are months where I am scratching my head and then like 2 months later I'm like OHHHHH, that's why.
2017-4-25
Use props
Peter van der S
New
Netherlands

The CrystalSky monitor can quickly connect to the Inspire series, Phantom 4 series, Phantom 3 series (Phantom 3 Professional, Phantom 3 Advanced), Matrice series, and Osmo series (except the Osmo Mobile)

Good, clear now. No Mavic.....
2017-4-25
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Still want to know how the crystalsky will mount onto the osmo handle.

I can't believe it will take the weight of the larger CS screen. Way too impractical surely?
2017-4-25
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules