Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
F550 Antenna Upgrade Caused Flyaway?
2031 3 2015-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
raiedzeidan.gma
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755033 ft
  • >>>
United States

[size=14.6666669845581px]Good morning all! I fly a F550 with DJI Naza M V-2 and all the goodies. Ive been flying just fine with a cheap ebay 200mW vTX until last night. I got my new Boscom 32CH 500mW 5.8ghz vTx and then the IB Crazy Ultra Blue beams. I use a Boscom 5.8ghz Diversity Monitor and have had no issues until last night I put the new anteanna and vtx on. Take off and about 20meters away the unit just takes off. I try to trigger fail safes, turn off TX and nothing just keeps going and going. VERY impressed with antennas as I still have FPV and it climbs 400meters up and just takes off for about 600 meters and I kindly ask my neighbor who I've never meet before to drive me to follow the sucker. Then out of the blue it hits FS and heads back home. As I get closer to it I try gimbal control and I can tilt and pan but still wont let me switch modes etc. As I get even closer to it and can actually see it now I tried switching to ATT mode and it took it and I regained control and landed it right in front of my house where it started lol.

[size=14.6666669845581px]Any ideas? This is the setup for the TX/vRX how it looks. The vTx is mounted to one of the rear arms and pointing straight down. I've flown this same path the day before and no issues with stock basic antennas. Could the new Antennas be stronger causing issues? Scared to fly it again lol
[size=14.6666669845581px]

[size=14.6666669845581px]

Radio TX with Monitor RX.

Radio TX with Monitor RX.
2015-3-4
Use props
momochi
lvl.3

United States

Typically 2.4 GHz and 5.8Ghz are far enough apart to not cause interference. 2.4Ghz is used by everything, WiFi on just about everything. Range on the 2.4Ghz band is very limited as the power output is FCC limited to 1 watt. 2.4Ghz is easy blocked by buildings and even trees. The freq is also prone to multipath dropouts. I would look at the environment as well as the aircraft set up. the receive antenna normally will not cause and radiation output. Check the location of your transmitter antenna on the aircraft. Try to have at least 3.5" of distance from your 2.4Ghz antenna.
2015-3-6
Use props
joe
lvl.4

United States

I would recommend your RC transmitter antennae to be vertical.  In the picture it is close to horizontal.  This will reduce the signal the receiver gets if you receiver antennae are vertical.
If you did not get a failsafe when it took off this may have been a GPS issue.
Were you in GPS mode?  Did you have any waypoints loaded?
Did the GPS get a lock before you armed and took off?
The failsafe when you were in the car could have been due to the cars body.  This could strongly affect your radios signal.  I would strongly suspect this.
But the behavior prior is hard to make any diagnosis.
2015-3-11
Use props
raiedzeidan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755033 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was in GPS mode and no waypoints. GPS was locked with 10 sats and I had control for just a few feet and it just kept going lol. I moved the vTx around away from the RX and tested it again with some 100meter limits and worked fine bumped up to 200m and worked fine so was very odd.
2015-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules