Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Goggles! See a different world
42140 346 2017-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tarvs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 240 ft
United States

Gybo102 Posted at 2017-4-27 06:04
Anyone (including DJI) have any info on Inspire 2 usability? Mainly head / camera tracking only.

Page 13 of user manual shows only focus as supported for the Inspire 2.
DJI Goggles User Manual
2017-4-28
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Danny-B- Posted at 2017-4-28 05:45
And how do they manage that? if it's simply playing back .mov or mp4 files, how can it restrict them to DJI created only?

SD CARD is NOT a VIDEO DEVICE... You can play any videos using a HDMI DEVICE, see below, or you can use SD CARD  from DJI drones because they encode them with their proprietary coding to only play their version from SD CARD using the Goggles..  So you have an extra step you can use a HDMI DEVICE stick any SD card in that and then watch it thru Goggles....Problem solved!

"HDMI Input

Watch camera feeds from a Phantom 4 series or Inspire drones [1], or plug in a video device to watch films or play games."

2017-4-28
Use props
Turbo Heart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

This looks great. GOing to wait a little bit to get some hands on reviews. But I see one in my future.
2017-4-28
Use props
DroneADservice
lvl.4
Flight distance : 697441 ft
Switzerland

I suppose that you can use your controller (I2) with the ipad and push the signal through the HDMI output to the goggles for the client at the same time?
2017-4-28
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

tarvs Posted at 2017-4-28 08:46
DJI Goggles User Manual

That... makes no sense. A product that can use the features of head tracking the most due to dedicated FPV... and I2 only gets Focus??

Come on DJI
2017-4-28
Use props
AstroPilot
lvl.2

Canada

Ok DJI, now that you've gone and created this amazing VR headset you have got to take this to the next level and develop a HDMI dongle that beams directly to the headset via OcuSync!! So much joy thinking about this! Please make this a reality for us. {:4_157:}
2017-4-28
Use props
AstroPilot
lvl.2

Canada

Well I guess a wireless HDMI dongle will suffice for now but it's okay to dream, right?
2017-4-28
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

any idea when these are back in stock ?
2017-4-29
Use props
djilover
lvl.2
Flight distance : 129836 ft
United States

For me I still feel DJI Goggles are not perfect.

First, it’s a bit too heavy, one kilogram! On your head! I think need some time to get used to it.

Second is the size a little bit too big, at least for me, I tried to single hand hold the Goggles but seems a bit too hard, especially when I try to reach the detach button here. Since the size is the problem, when I wear the Goggles, I can see some light comes through the nose part, its not really full immersive. Or maybe because I'm Asian with a flat nose, my problem.

Third is the glasses get smudges easily, also for the soft silicone cushion there, especially when you are sweating, can be dirty for some time usage. But overall, like I said: the best FPV Goggles I've ever had so far.
2017-4-29
Use props
Circle3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1007070 ft
United States

Alex Assenmache Posted at 2017-4-24 08:12
Lovely  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8BysgNR6a0

Thanks for a very informative video on the Goggles!
2017-4-29
Use props
fansf6c8e515
lvl.1
Flight distance : 302802 ft
Norway

so cool! i really want this.
2017-4-30
Use props
alice24
lvl.2

Philippines

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-4-24 08:08
My wallet hates you, DJI!!!  LOL...  ORDERED!!!  

Good thing you were able to order it.. it's already sold out when I did! (
2017-4-30
Use props
FShakoori
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26430 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, do the goggles have internal fan? Thanks
2017-5-1
Use props
FShakoori
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I wear glasses & these goggles not having internal fan would make my glasses steam up in no time specially in hot days, this is a negative point which I don't expect from DJI, sorry
2017-5-1
Use props
FShakoori
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Circle3 Posted at 2017-4-29 07:23
Thanks for a very informative video on the Goggles!

Not having internal fan you get smoggy glasses, I too wear glasses so these won't be ideal for me specially in hot days.
2017-5-1
Use props
We Fancy
New
South Korea

Gybo102 Posted at 2017-4-28 12:16
That... makes no sense. A product that can use the features of head tracking the most due to dedicated FPV... and I2 only gets Focus??

Come on DJI

I'm sad about this too.
Maybe it'll be unlocked in a later firmware update?
But very strange it not to be there upon release for their premium drone.
2017-5-1
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Goggles User Manual

Actually the manual stated it does work on the I2 for head tracking via USB but the table says it's not.

I believe the table is wrong my self and they do support full head tracking and focus control of the I2.

Dji state

For Inspire 2 aircraft, head tracking is also supported but only if the Goggles are connected with the remote controller via USB.

2017-5-1
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

FShakoori Posted at 2017-5-1 04:10
Hi, do the goggles have internal fan? Thanks

Probably, since everything they're coming out with has fans.  Even the new P4P+ controller has a fan.  DJI think of everything (just hope the software is up to the task).  

I'm sure they've tackled the fogging issue like the other major goggle companies.
2017-5-1
Use props
ButchNSK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 547808 ft
Russia

When buying points, the student will be discounted, how many can be ordered for one person?
2017-5-1
Use props
neo0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115997 ft
United States

How Many of these goggles were made for pre sale?  I put my order in a few hrs they went up on DJI web site.
2017-5-1
Use props
nay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

This would just be another thing to carry.  IMO
2017-5-1
Use props
Mojito
lvl.2
United States

How does  the side touch pad work will you see a mouse on screen or is it just a guessing game.
2017-5-2
Use props
Barney2k
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Ordered from a UK store - https://www.heliguy.com/dji-goggles-p4489

Taking pre orders, stock expected at the end of May, but after the Mavic who knows when it'll actually turn up!

The HDMI compatibility is a totally amazing feature that wasn't expected.

Makes the goggles so much more versatile!
2017-5-2
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

So yea.. I'm a week late to the party. I didn't hear about the release of the goggles anywhere. The only way I found out about this is a youtube subscription notification from iPhoneDo.. who just reviewed it. I managed to order through B&H.. but judging from my mavic order, It'll probably arrive next Fall.
2017-5-2
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Mojito Posted at 2017-5-2 06:03
How does  the side touch pad work will you see a mouse on screen or is it just a guessing game.

Imagine the touch pad working like a more functional D-Pad. Swiping in directions will change which menu option is highlighted.
2017-5-2
Use props
ButchNSK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 547808 ft
Russia

All greetings, who can tell me the weight of the glasses in the packaging and the size of the package
2017-5-3
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

I was at the DJI studio the other day and I asked one of the people there if these will work at 5.8 and was told no which would be a real shame because that means for the DIY stuff I've been getting into I would need to still by FatSharks or something of the sort.  Will these also work at 5.8 or am I stuck at spending over $1000 on Goggles this month?

I was also told and maybe I should start a thread on this but the problem with the homepoint not setting dynamically on so many tabs and phones is because of firmware issue in the bird.

I was also told when I told this person that the only phone that I could get to set a homepoint was a Samsung S6, the person laughed and did a head slap and said that is the exact phone they use when testing Android products for the birds.  I don't know what they use for iOS but I have a BLANKED problem right now of not being able to set homepoints at the RC or use Follow Me for about a month now and it's keeping me from buying products, expensive ones.

DJI?
2017-5-3
Use props
PolishPorsche
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38796 ft
United States

Do the DJI goggles require the DJI Go App to be running on your mobile device for them to work?   
2017-5-4
Use props
Paul Nordin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1267953 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Goggles User Manual

On page 11 of the same manual:
For Inspire 2 aircraft, head tracking is also supported but only if the Goggles are connected with the
remote controller via USB.
2017-5-4
Use props
John T.
lvl.1

Singapore

nzfritz Posted at 2017-4-25 16:10
Question:  It says they work with other compatible HDMI devices... If I plug it into my MacBook pro, can I watch VR 360 videos and use my head to look around? - like the oculus?

Does any of the DJI staff know whether this is possible?

Plugging the DJI goggle to a computer via hdmi and getting a feed to use the headset as a monitor?
2017-5-4
Use props
Drone Lady
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4780 ft
Canada

Still available in Canada!  ORDERED!!  Damn you DJI!  I'll ask my husband for forgiveness later.
2017-5-5
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

John T. Posted at 2017-5-4 18:45
Does any of the DJI staff know whether this is possible?

Plugging the DJI goggle to a computer via hdmi and getting a feed to use the headset as a monitor?

any HDMI device will output to the goggles so yes you can use it as a monitor, but it wont allow headtracking for VR or 360 videos, you're only getting a feed in from the HDMI. USB might be a different story, but i cant see that happening ..
2017-5-6
Use props
Lance10
New
United States

Looks promising, appears to be on backorder at moment
2017-5-6
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

No point buying these until the phantom 4 firmware is updated to include the new flight modes. when is this going to happen DJI?
2017-5-6
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Think it's almost certain I'll be ordering these! They look phenomenal!
2017-5-7
Use props
Alex Assenmache
lvl.4
Flight distance : 216430 ft
  • >>>
Spain

here's the video quality test
2017-5-7
Use props
rreindl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

Alex Assenmache Posted at 2017-5-7 02:35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOvStnp6h2Y

Great video! Now I want these even more!
2017-5-7
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Alex Assenmache Posted at 2017-5-7 02:35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOvStnp6h2Y

Cheers for the update. I cant wait for them to be delivered !!

I have some concerns with the sensitivity of the head tracking though if i'm honest, it seems far far too sensitive, i really hope they release an update to adjust sensitivity or it seems it might not be suitable for using to get really good cinematic footage.
2017-5-7
Use props
snath
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can't wait, ordered mine

Order Time:        2017-04-24 16:31:42 (UTC)
2017-5-7
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just got an email from Newegg with a ad showing the DJI Googles.  If you follow the link you an place the order for the end of May...

Got mine ordered    

Rich
2017-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules