Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know there are others waiting to order.... So go to NEWEGG

Newegg had a  email ad showing the DJI Googles for preorder limited number!  they are shipping from DJI store...

Good luck
Rich
2017-5-7
Use props
iperov
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63868 ft
Russia

I understand that DJI want more money
but how about VR split screen to DJI GO app for cardboard-like helmets?
2017-5-8
Use props
fans1b53e6f6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105722 ft
United States

I'm sorry I love FPV flying and all but I wouldn't be caught dead with these things on . Too big, too bulking. Did they get their design cues from Sony? DJI could've to you to mount a microwave on your head and I feel some of you people wouldn't think twice about it. Now, I own a pair of Fatsharks are they the best, not even close, but at least I only look like half an idiot instead of a complete one.
2017-5-8
Use props
Phn3_adv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 305784 ft
United States

Sold out pretty quickly
2017-5-9
Use props
JaushG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 412106 ft
United States

Going to be awesome!
2017-5-9
Use props
TechShizzle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 273730 ft
United States

Barney2k Posted at 2017-5-2 07:55
Ordered from a UK store - https://www.heliguy.com/dji-goggles-p4489

Taking pre orders, stock expected at the end of May, but after the Mavic who knows when it'll actually turn up!

Just ordered from England myself. Any idea if there are any diffferences between the US and GB versions other than electrical socket type?
2017-5-9
Use props
Beesleyboy 5
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ordered mine from Foxtech, looked like thy were in stock, then after I payed I notes't thy were pre order, Do!.
can't wait, no HDMI out is the only bade point about my Mavic Pro, now with the Goggles I can FPV it, like my Inspire.
;-) G
2017-5-9
Use props
P4 Pro Birdy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 391237 ft
Australia

Looking forward to getting them when they are available.
2017-5-9
Use props
uavdoc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4504462 ft
United States

Man I simply can't wait to check these puppies out. The fact it moves with the gimbal is gonna be a whole new flight experience!!!
2017-5-9
Use props
Capo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178196 ft
United States

fans1b53e6f6 Posted at 2017-5-8 08:36
I'm sorry I love FPV flying and all but I wouldn't be caught dead with these things on . Too big, too bulking. Did they get their design cues from Sony? DJI could've to you to mount a microwave on your head and I feel some of you people wouldn't think twice about it. Now, I own a pair of Fatsharks are they the best, not even close, but at least I only look like half an idiot instead of a complete one.

I guess how you look is more important than the size and quality of the view to you? Fatsharks may look cooler, but have low resolution and terrible image quality. I really don't care how I look in them. I would rather have the immersive experience. Maybe wait for the next generation. I'm sure they'll only get smaller and lighter with time. I'm not willing to wait, myself.
2017-5-10
Use props
ckizer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 369177 ft
United States

spelling

If I was one of the very first orders and will be in the Launch on the 20th does that actually mean UPS will deliver them on the 20th? Or that they'll be handed off to shipping carrier on the 20th and I'll wait days? How did it work with other DJI product launches (other than very delayed mavic)?
2017-5-10
Use props
fanse1af22cc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140315 ft
United States

How much are they and do they work with all Phantoms?
2017-5-10
Use props
embayweather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

Can anyone please confirm if the goggles can be used with a Phantom 3Pro? I dont want any fancy features, I do not want head tracking I just want someone to be able to see where I am flying through the goggles, nothing more. I have seen various conflicting stories about this on the net and I would just like some clarification.

Many thanks

Mike
2017-5-11
Use props
13MStang
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892749 ft
United States

embayweather Posted at 2017-5-11 04:30
Can anyone please confirm if the goggles can be used with a Phantom 3Pro? I dont want any fancy features, I do not want head tracking I just want someone to be able to see where I am flying through the goggles, nothing more. I have seen various conflicting stories about this on the net and I would just like some clarification.

Many thanks

No.  From what i read.... only P4 and later.
2017-5-11
Use props
13MStang
lvl.3
United States

fanse1af22cc Posted at 2017-5-10 21:04
How much are they and do they work with all Phantoms?

USD $449 and limited release on May 20 (which they are already sold out of).

you will need to wait until full release or eBay
2017-5-11
Use props
13MStang
lvl.3
United States

ckizer Posted at 2017-5-10 14:17
If I was one of the very first orders and will be in the Launch on the 20th does that actually mean UPS will deliver them on the 20th? Or that they'll be handed off to shipping carrier on the 20th and I'll wait days? How did it work with other DJI product launches (other than very delayed mavic)?

If DJI releases them on time, they will be released (for shippers) ON May 20th.
2017-5-11
Use props
Capo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178196 ft
United States

13MStang Posted at 2017-5-11 05:56
No.  From what i read.... only P4 and later.

If you have the HDMI module on the P3P, pretty sure you can view only using HDMI.
2017-5-11
Use props
alexmachado
New

Brazil

Quantos óculos podem usar ao mesmo tempo não Phantom 4 pro, se sim como fazer .....
2017-5-11
Use props
Julien Gardner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94026 ft
Canada

So exited for these to be available to purchase! Don't want to pre-order...
2017-5-11
Use props
Julien Gardner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94026 ft
Canada

R.I.P. my wallet
2017-5-11
Use props
ufoseeker1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 397 ft
Australia

fans1b53e6f6 Posted at 2017-5-8 08:36

Dont be an idiot at all,,,just wear the Glyph. It offers LOS, you can look at your RC, no body can creep up on you and no big blob on your head OH I did I forget to say that the resolution is so much better than all that is out there and very likely the DJI goggles as well
2017-5-11
Use props
ckizer
lvl.2
United States

iperov Posted at 2017-5-8 08:34
I understand that DJI want more money
but how about VR split screen to DJI GO app for cardboard-like helmets?

This isn't even close to the same thing. Your phone screen stuck in there provides nothing like it. Your phone screen even at 500ppi will look like 800x600 in something like the google cardboard. The DJI goggles aren't to just get more money, they are the beginning of a new wave in drones and VR.

They are much higher resolution than anything out there. Even better resolution than the Vive VR headset.
2017-5-12
Use props
ckizer
lvl.2
United States

embayweather Posted at 2017-5-11 04:30

Many thanks

No they won't work with the P3P. Technically if you bought the $99 controller add on that gives HDMI video out you could plug your P3P controller into the headset. But the video modes won't let you control the headset only a "dumb" viewer that wouldn't very well.

If you want to spend all the money on the headset you could use this as your excuse to get the mavic! :-D

I love the P3P though, it was my first and still is one of my favorite birds!
2017-5-12
Use props
aj0125
lvl.1
Flight distance : 225830 ft
United States

I just ordered one from B&H, they are still taking preorders. Can't wait to try these and mavic.
2017-5-12
Use props
ufoseeker1
lvl.3
Australia

ckizer Posted at 2017-5-12 09:05
This isn't even close to the same thing. Your phone screen stuck in there provides nothing like it. Your phone screen even at 500ppi will look like 800x600 in something like the google cardboard. The DJI goggles aren't to just get more money, they are the beginning of a new wave in drones and VR.

They are much higher resolution than anything out there. Even better resolution than the Vive VR headset.

Well if people think that the Vive VR headset has great resolution they must out of their heads, It is terrible,, just took mine back after having it for a couple days.
2017-5-13
Use props
ufoseeker1
lvl.3
Australia

They are much higher resolution than anything out there.

You have obviously not tried the Glyph!
2017-5-13
Use props
iperov
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63868 ft
Russia

why better resolution for drone pilot ?
720p for two eyes enough for detecting wires and record better footage.
2017-5-13
Use props
embayweather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

Looking at the DJI promo video it does say Phantom 3 advanced and others can be used with the goggles. I dont want to use them as a pilot merely to give others the feel of flying, so I suspect that will be enough, they can be "dumb". Thanks for the thoughts though guys.
2017-5-13
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

embayweather Posted at 2017-5-13 05:02
Looking at the DJI promo video it does say Phantom 3 advanced and others can be used with the goggles. I dont want to use them as a pilot merely to give others the feel of flying, so I suspect that will be enough, they can be "dumb". Thanks for the thoughts though guys.

From Mad Angler:
No only Ocusync is supported wirelessly so currently the Mavic.

Wireless - Mavic Pro Only here and Now

USB - P4 and P4 Advance/ Pro (NOT +) RC

Note: USB will give head tracking but can't use tablet or phone at the same time , HDMI (if Fitted) No head tracking but can use tablet at same time.

P4 Advance+/Pro+
HDMI only (fitted at standard to this RC) No head tracking but built in device works as usual.

P3 Advance/Pro/Inspire 1 or any other HDMI equip device can use used but no head trackng.

Video from me showing how to do HDMI connecting of Phantom 4's and others (end of article at)
http://www.droneflyers.com/dji-h ... order-specs-videos/
2017-5-13
Use props
Bent Kangawalla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Heya chaps, do these allow for VR gaming or are they strictly limited to DJI product use?
2017-5-13
Use props
Mayoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 299708 ft
Canada

Are they charging the credit card in full ? or only when they ship ?

Limited amount available for presale.

Estimated shipping date: June 10, 2017
2017-5-14
Use props
yfcw0801
lvl.2
Flight distance : 412762 ft
Singapore

Yes, finally ordered 1 unit.... can't wait for the delivery.
2017-5-14
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Order placed! Delivery ETA in June Grrrrr! Can't wait! These look incredible! PS4 and FPV
2017-5-15
Use props
fans04099d0a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99695 ft
New Zealand

Got an "Order yours today!" email from DJI (had signed up for back in stock alert) Order placed for "Estimated shipping date: June 10, 2017" Had Credit Card authorisation fail 3 times, strange so used PayPal option which worked. Bank phoned me within a few minutes asking if I wanted to proceed with original failed Credit Card transactions. Seems they were concerned with the DJI site so had blocked authorisation.
2017-5-15
Use props
NFC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 372533 ft
Portugal

droneflyers.com Posted at 2017-5-13 15:01
From Mad Angler:
No only Ocusync is supported wirelessly so currently the Mavic.

Hi,

And what about Inspire 2? do I have the same functionalities that y have with mavic if I use usb port? Inteligence flight full acess to cam settings etc..

thanks in advance.

2017-5-15
Use props
fans04099d0a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99695 ft
New Zealand

Mayoo Posted at 2017-5-14 20:45
Are they charging the credit card in full ? or only when they ship ?

Limited amount available for presale.

I got a "thank you for your payment" shortly after the order email  and my banks phone call was regarding the full transaction amount, so I think the answer to this is yes, charging in full.
2017-5-15
Use props
Mavic 007
lvl.2
United States

fans04099d0a Posted at 2017-5-15 02:25
I got a "thank you for your payment" shortly after the order email  and my banks phone call was regarding the full transaction amount, so I think the answer to this is yes, charging in full.

This is straight off of DJI's site:

"If you pay by credit card or debit card, we will receive temporary authorization to charge your card once you have completed the payment process. We will charge you when we ship out your order or when your temporary authorization reaches day 28, whichever comes first.

If you pay by PayPal, we will charge your account within 3 days."
2017-5-15
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have 2 on order now, one from B&H (10 days ago) and the other from DJI (last night). Let's see which ships first.
2017-5-15
Use props
CanAmFlyer
lvl.1
United States

Mavic 007 Posted at 2017-5-15 07:22
This is straight off of DJI's site:

"If you pay by credit card or debit card, we will receive temporary authorization to charge your card once you have completed the payment process. We will charge you when we ship out your order or when your temporary authorization reaches day 28, whichever comes first.

My friend and I each ordered ours. Shipping June 10.
Thats a lot better than having to wait until September...
2017-5-15
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

fans04099d0a Posted at 2017-5-15 02:01
Got an "Order yours today!" email from DJI (had signed up for back in stock alert) Order placed for "Estimated shipping date: June 10, 2017" Had Credit Card authorisation fail 3 times, strange so used PayPal option which worked. Bank phoned me within a few minutes asking if I wanted to proceed with original failed Credit Card transactions. Seems they were concerned with the DJI site so had blocked authorisation.

My CC company (Chase) did the same thing as the charge appears to come from a suspicious source. Same thing happened when I ordered my Mavic Pro Fly More Combo. I just had to respond to an email stating it was a valid charge and then resubmit the purchase again and it went thru without issue.
2017-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules