Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Overexposed images are back!
1282 5 2017-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CyFA
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372369 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

Latest firmware, application etc, check. All calibrations performed, check. Made flights with (almost) no problems, check.
Full battery, take off, video capturing no issues. Switch to camera, take photos and here we go again ... overexposed!
Keep clicking away and switching from video to camera and then it comes back with normal photos WITHOUT CHANGING ANY SETTINGS!
I have read that switching off the mechanical shutter does the trick. Is this correct?

overexposed and then normal

overexposed and then normal
2017-4-25
Use props
ROBERTO SMERA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42619744 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

The only solution I found to fix the overexposure bug is to DISABLE the mechanical shutter in the camera menu. I even do not know if the issue is firmware related or malfunction of the mechanical shutter itself. Anyway, I never had the problem again since I disabled the mechanical shutter. I know this is not the best solution for those who film, but in my case it is better than send the drone and wait months to get it back. All the luck, mate.
2017-4-25
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
  • >>>
Cyprus

ROBERTO SMERA Posted at 2017-4-25 04:40
The only solution I found to fix the overexposure bug is to DISABLE the mechanical shutter in the camera menu. I even do not know if the issue is firmware related or malfunction of the mechanical shutter itself. Anyway, I never had the problem again since I disabled the mechanical shutter. I know this is not the best solution for those who film, but in my case it is better than send the drone and wait months to get it back. All the luck, mate.

Thanks Roberto for the reply!
As you said, video is ok but i love photography ... so there goes any attempts to play with shutter speeds.
2017-4-25
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Did you check the JPG? Do you have the same issue?
2017-4-26
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
  • >>>
Cyprus

dronist Posted at 2017-4-26 19:11
Did you check the JPG? Do you have the same issue?

Last time someone suggested to take both (jpg and dng) so i did and yes they are exactly the same.
2017-4-29
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

CyFA Posted at 2017-4-29 20:15
Last time someone suggested to take both (jpg and dng) so i did and yes they are exactly the same.

Check these out taken as DNG and then saved to PNG. No post touch, just croping.
Let me know.

this was dng and converted to PNG

this was dng and converted to PNG

DNG to PNG

DNG to PNG

DNG to PNG

DNG to PNG
2017-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules