Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 2 shot out of the sky
1019 8 2017-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse5c75c2f
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Not the way you want to see your craft go down...  There was a case a year or two ago in Kentucky where a guy shot a phantome out of the sky that was hovering over his backyard where his daughters were swimming.  Heck...I'd shot it down myself.  But this guy seemed legit in what he was filming.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-pol ... one-gets-shot-down/
2017-4-25
Use props
skypal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 560256 ft
Germany

Thats what you get in a weapon fetish country.
2017-4-25
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Kids today want to be on camera.  It's us oldsters who are still locked  into the "No cameras in my yard photographing my kids, dogs, me, wife, etc."  Look at the rise  of social media sites and all the photo-bombing kids do with their  phones.  Any 15 seconds of fame is important to them now.  They could  care less about a drone verses us oldsters.

Given today's climate  one should have NO expectation of privacy once outdoors even in their  own backyard.  Damn neighbor bought 6 surveillance camera stationed  around the eve of his house next door, and two are facing into my yard  over an eight foot fence.  They are on 24/7 with the glowing red LEDs  too.  So now the lol and me have to dress up to take our garbage out or  it'll be on some social media site forever.  Not much you can do about  those surveillance cameras in the interest of community safety.  I  thought of putting one on a tall pole with a follow-me camera on top of  it to track them in their yard.

Welcome to 2017, but they do need  to do something about all these guns shooting drones out of the sky and  the courts not doing much about it.  That does seem to be an oldsters  thought process too as I haven't read of the millennials doing it yet.

2017-4-25
Use props
Rick A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3566 ft
Canada

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-4-25 08:51
Kids today want to be on camera.  It's us oldsters who are still locked  into the "No cameras in my yard photographing my kids, dogs, me, wife, etc."  Look at the rise  of social media sites and all the photo-bombing kids do with their  phones.  Any 15 seconds of fame is important to them now.  They could  care less about a drone verses us oldsters.

Given today's climate  one should have NO expectation of privacy once outdoors even in their  own backyard.  Damn neighbor bought 6 surveillance camera stationed  around the eve of his house next door, and two are facing into my yard  over an eight foot fence.  They are on 24/7 with the glowing red LEDs  too.  So now the lol and me have to dress up to take our garbage out or  it'll be on some social media site forever.  Not much you can do about  those surveillance cameras in the interest of community safety.  I  thought of putting one on a tall pole with a follow-me camera on top of  it to track them in their yard.

We are on pretty good terms with all of our neighbours, helps to share a glass of wine with each other every so often. One of my neighbours put security cameras up, one facing more into my yard than his. I simply asked him to move it and he obliged.
2017-4-25
Use props
Rick A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3566 ft
Canada

Really hard to say, don't really know the history. Was this guy pushed over the edge due to previous incidents and perhaps other drone users or was he just being a jerk. Regardless, responding by shooting down a drone or for that matter, any other aircraft is highly illegal. Resorting to the use of arms in this situation cannot be condoned under any circumstances in any country.
2017-4-25
Use props
fans66a5553b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2153209 ft
United States

skypal Posted at 2017-4-25 08:18

Lol, your just lashing out. God Bless America!
2017-4-26
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
First Officer
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

skypal Posted at 2017-4-25 08:18

I'd rather put up with a few nut jobs that abuse their rights than give up my guns. You can call it what you like but, for many on this side of the pond, it's a normal part of our culture.
2017-4-26
Use props
skypal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 560256 ft
Germany

Cobra44Magnum Posted at 2017-4-26 07:23
I'd rather put up with a few nut jobs that abuse their rights than give up my guns. You can call it what you like but, for many on this side of the pond, it's a normal part of our culture.

Well, you may call it culture, I call it madness.
2017-4-27
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
First Officer
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

skypal Posted at 2017-4-27 03:39
Well, you may call it culture, I call it madness.

That's one of the great things about our country. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if they are wrong.
2017-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules