FORUM THOUGHTS
2110 2 2014-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
1320frank
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2624856 ft
United States

DJI asked that I post my thoughts on the current beta Forum, so I will.

I'm a almost 20 year owner of numerous Forum Websites. I currently have 3 in operation with some being larger then others. I do own one that is a MultiCopter Forum and was built to heavily support the DJI product. My opinion on DJI creating this forum is an all out kick in the teeth to those of us owner/administrators who have spent countless hours and money building a R/C Hobbyist community. This also involves working with the aftermarket as well.

Never once has DJI shown ANY gratitude or appreciation to the existing website owners that have in most ways dealt with their dirt for the past two years. Then if it couldn't be any worse, DJI puts together a team that their sole responsibility is to go online worldwide with the attempt to reach out to their customer base which at the time was very shaken up with the fact they had be unable to get any kind of descent support. And who's websites did this team use? The same ones that to this day have never received gratitude as mentioned. I'm located in the US and we were stuch with Mr. Ed whom I found to rude. He struck me as a guy that was basically put out on dealing with people and not being able to answer a number of questions. I'm guessing he may be more settled now and may even have time to enjoy his position.

So it has to be somewhat of a no brainer why large companies do not attach forums to any of their online settings. It only becomes just a matter of time before that extremely upset customer find all the time in the world to trash the forums. Even though there is the ability to ban and/or delete someone is when the complete personality of a setting like this one will change. And then once the company learns there really is no way to keep individuals like away is when plugs are pulled. Then the company ends up with a customer group that liked spending time on the beta forums that have become upset they will forced to move on with no say-so in the matter. In the meantime DJI has put a bad taste in the mouths of those hard working website owners due to the fact that instead of working with each of them, they simply had shown no concern and just rolled right over them with the beta forum.

It's obvious to me that this forum deal was not thought-out with everyone's better interest in mind. As I mentioned, with being a owner myself in the 20yr range I have been involved in several successful adventures. I'm grateful to have had the opportunity to learn how to do things the correct way. An this one here is one that I'm glad I wasn't part of.

I can only hope that my post here reaches someone in the higher ranks at DJI that is compassionate and understanding then what we've been shown overall.

Frank

2014-9-17
Use props
ForumAdmin
lvl.2

China

Hi Frank,
We truly appreciate the effort you have contributed along with the growth of DJI. We will continue maintain our presence and support in every important channels (including many crucial multirotor forums) as well as our own DJI forum to make sure our users can get help from us all the time. We are aiming to build a community that all users can share their experience and interact with DJI to create better innovations.

Again, thank you for the contribution along the time, and hope we can keep working together to seek the future of possible.

Thank you
2014-9-17
Use props
communication
New

Turkey

There is a platform for online learning of antenna and microwave structures and systems. You can learn more about antennas in this website : communicationantennas.com
2014-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules