Galaxy S8 + 4.0.7 dont work
4201 34 2017-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1f4a3127
Second Officer
Germany

On Galaxy S8+ 4.0.7 Android dont work. Its not load the App becouse screen not supportet.

Greetz
2017-4-25
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Mine works fine. Please be more specific.
2017-4-25
Use props
fansfb6a762d
lvl.1
United States

My Galaxy S8+ disconnects after a couple of minutes of connectivity. I had no issues with my Note 4 other than occasional app crashes!!!
2017-4-25
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
United States

I've had only 2 flights with my S8+ due to 4 days of rain.  The longest flight was about 10 min  - with no disconnects. I will say that I have not yet installed a SIM card in my S8, so there's not cell activity going on. I also make sure that GO is the only  optional software running.

Are you recording while flying or just flying.  Just curious... shouldn't be problematic.
2017-4-25
Use props
Tommyguns11
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5242769 ft
  • >>>
United States

Brand new S8+ and the newest app doesn't even execute on mine.  Just gives me an error that says not compatible.  I'm running the latest Android version and the latest DJI Go 4 application.  Please fix.
2017-4-25
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
United States

Tommyguns11 Posted at 2017-4-25 10:34
Brand new S8+ and the newest app doesn't even execute on mine.  Just gives me an error that says not compatible.  I'm running the latest Android version and the latest DJI Go 4 application.  Please fix.

I suppose you've tried uninstalling and re-installing.  I had no problems at all.
2017-4-25
Use props
fans1f4a3127
Second Officer
Germany

That was my Info
2017-04-25 19.47.34.png
2017-4-25
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

You want to translate that for me? I don't speak Spanish.
2017-4-25
Use props
fans52199980
lvl.2
Flight distance : 624485 ft
United States

First flights with new Phantom 4 and new S8+.  I do this professionally so I'm fairly experienced.  Seemed to work great until app just shuts down, no error or anything, just gone.  I look at my open apps on S8+ and the app is still open.  I activate it, DJI GO4 opens up to the main screen where I can go back to the flight screen and the flight is still going.  Usually happened during video capture.  Video was still going most times.  Once I was over the "WTF"/! feeling it worked fine.  Happened on both flights multiple times.  I could still control the Phantom itself even when the app crapped out.
Anyone else?  
2017-4-25
Use props
fansbd30b82d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26906 ft
Dominican Republic

i downgraded my mavic firmware to 01.03.400 since  .600 is unstable( random disconections, RTH , NFZ) and .550 unstable hovering.  also My dji go 4 app APK i downgraded to 4.0.4 ALL WORKING ROCK SOLID 1KM FLight distance all good
2017-4-25
Use props
Ocho
New
United States

I flew my Mavic this past weekend using my S8+ and had no issues whatsoever.  I recorded several videos.
2017-4-25
Use props
JustAskJask
lvl.2
Flight distance : 624485 ft
United States

fans52199980 Posted at 2017-4-25 15:29
First flights with new Phantom 4 and new S8+.  I do this professionally so I'm fairly experienced.  Seemed to work great until app just shuts down, no error or anything, just gone.  I look at my open apps on S8+ and the app is still open.  I activate it, DJI GO4 opens up to the main screen where I can go back to the flight screen and the flight is still going.  Usually happened during video capture.  Video was still going most times.  Once I was over the "WTF"/! feeling it worked fine.  Happened on both flights multiple times.  I could still control the Phantom itself even when the app crapped out.
Anyone else?

Sorry, newbie didn't realize I was on Mavic post.  I posted over on Phantom section now.
2017-4-26
Use props
Tommyguns11
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5242769 ft
  • >>>
United States

Exactly the error I get, but in English.
2017-4-26
Use props
laceyboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-4-25 12:21
You want to translate that for me? I don't speak Spanish.

It's German
App crashed could be the reason of regional software package.
2017-4-26
Use props
fans1f4a3127
Second Officer
Germany

Yes German.
SAMSUNG GALAXY S8+
ANDROID V7.0

I have it installed new, same Problem. Screen mit supportet App closed
2017-4-26
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 317031 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't understand. I got my Samsung Galaxy s8+ on Sunday. Fired up the drone and DJI go4 and flew about 10 minutes no problems at all worked great. I didn't change a thing now DJI app won't open, keep getting an error message DJI GO 4 HAS STOPPED. What's going on. What changed?

2017-4-26
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 317031 ft
  • >>>
United States

Trailkill Posted at 2017-4-26 10:37
I don't understand. I got my Samsung Galaxy s8+ on Sunday. Fired up the drone and DJI go4 and flew about 10 minutes no problems at all worked great. I didn't change a thing now DJI app won't open, keep getting an error message DJI GO 4 HAS STOPPED. What's going on. What changed?

Update: I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. It seems to be working now. I don't know what the problem was.
2017-4-26
Use props
fans1f4a3127
Second Officer
Germany

I have it uninstalled and new installed not working for me.
2017-4-26
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

Tommyguns11 Posted at 2017-4-25 10:34

i had this issue reinstalling fixed it but i still have not flown with it yet
2017-4-26
Use props
BengalBoy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would be very careful using the Samsung S8. I have the T-Mobile version and I lost my Mavic this weekend after the DJI GO 4 app crashed while live streaming to FaceBook for about 10 minutes.  I was flying over the ocean when the DJI GO 4 app crashed.  On restart, it connected and the Mavic "auto landed" in the ocean while displaying a "NFZ" error.  Mavic was upgraded to .600 firmware.  Before the crash I few 4 batteries with 1 crash of the DJI Go 4 app.  On the 5th battery, the perfect storm was apparently in play and from about a 70 foot altitude it landed itself in the ocean.  However, the Mavic has never flown so well and responded so quickly with the controls.  The Facebook streaming feature was awesome while I used it for the first time.  Its a super fast device with the best screen available for use with the Mavic currently.  But, three different versions of Android all crash with the DJI Go 4 app.  Be aware if your flying above water or rugged terrain you could lose it because of autonomous behavior on re-connect.  If it crashes, you might be best served to fly it back to you without restarting the "Go Fly" app.
2017-4-26
Use props
fans63105b9b
New
United States

I had the same issue, I had to uninstall and reinstall the app several times.
2017-4-27
Use props
TonyBergen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 135820 ft
Netherlands

maybe your display setting is on WQHD+? i have it on FHD+ (2220x1080) and works fine.
2017-4-28
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
United States

BengalBoy Posted at 2017-4-26 18:02
I would be very careful using the Samsung S8. I have the T-Mobile version and I lost my Mavic this weekend after the DJI GO 4 app crashed while live streaming to FaceBook for about 10 minutes.  I was flying over the ocean when the DJI GO 4 app crashed.  On restart, it connected and the Mavic "auto landed" in the ocean while displaying a "NFZ" error.  Mavic was upgraded to .600 firmware.  Before the crash I few 4 batteries with 1 crash of the DJI Go 4 app.  On the 5th battery, the perfect storm was apparently in play and from about a 70 foot altitude it landed itself in the ocean.  However, the Mavic has never flown so well and responded so quickly with the controls.  The Facebook streaming feature was awesome while I used it for the first time.  Its a super fast device with the best screen available for use with the Mavic currently.  But, three different versions of Android all crash with the DJI Go 4 app.  Be aware if your flying above water or rugged terrain you could lose it because of autonomous behavior on re-connect.  If it crashes, you might be best served to fly it back to you without restarting the "Go Fly" app.

oh no i have tmobile version too and also tried livestreaming which came out horribly cause it kept skipping a LOT but i kept it low to the gound just in case. no crashes of the app or quad tho
2017-4-29
Use props
blurfonz04
lvl.2

Singapore

The app keeps crashing on my AS8+ as well. In fact that I also cannot sync my flight records. It basically keeps crashing after some percentage. Is DJI gonna do something about this ?!

This is darn frustrating
2017-4-29
Use props
BengalBoy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

blurfonz04 Posted at 2017-4-29 12:54
The app keeps crashing on my AS8+ as well. In fact that I also cannot sync my flight records. It basically keeps crashing after some percentage. Is DJI gonna do something about this ?!

This is darn frustrating

Just so you know, flight records are still in your phone though they might not show up in DJI Go 4 app.  Go to airdata.com and follow directions for upload to find those files in your S8.
2017-4-29
Use props
BengalBoy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

boostedford Posted at 2017-4-29 11:42
oh no i have tmobile version too and also tried livestreaming which came out horribly cause it kept skipping a LOT but i kept it low to the gound just in case. no crashes of the app or quad tho

Be very careful.. mine auto landed itself in the ocean after DJI Go 4 app crashed, then reconnected.  Flight data shows alot of erratic and dangerous behavior after app reconnects.  
2017-4-29
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
United States

BengalBoy Posted at 2017-4-29 13:04
Be very careful.. mine auto landed itself in the ocean after DJI Go 4 app crashed, then reconnected.  Flight data shows alot of erratic and dangerous behavior after app reconnects.

ugh more reasons not to fly it and just hold it preciously in my arms lol this sucks spend all this money for a machine im afraid to fly
p.s. sorry about ur mavic
2017-4-29
Use props
BengalBoy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

boostedford Posted at 2017-4-29 21:35
ugh more reasons not to fly it and just hold it preciously in my arms lol this sucks spend all this money for a machine im afraid to fly
p.s. sorry about ur mavic

Thanks, waiting on the warranty process to complete.  Flight data and a video of last flight give me confidence of a successful claim.  Looking at the flight data makes me wonder if I'll ever be able to trust the DJI Go 4 app flying it with a Android device?
2017-4-30
Use props
fans1f4a3127
Second Officer
Germany

Any new news??? Its not working on my S8+
2017-5-5
Use props
fans1f4a3127
Second Officer
Germany

FHD+ settings
New Start
Deinstalled DJI Go 4.0.7
New installed
Works

2017-5-7
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25371 ft
United Kingdom

fansfb6a762d Posted at 2017-4-25 10:25
My Galaxy S8+ disconnects after a couple of minutes of connectivity. I had no issues with my Note 4 other than occasional app crashes!!!

This may be because you covering the auto brightness sensor with the RC clamps. The sensor is next to front camera. Turn auto brightness off and see how it goes

2017-5-7
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25371 ft
United Kingdom

fans52199980 Posted at 2017-4-25 15:29
Anyone else?

This may be because you covering the auto brightness sensor with the RC clamps. The sensor is next to front camera. Turn auto brightness off and see how it goes
2017-5-7
Use props
Doots
lvl.3
Flight distance : 682598 ft
United States

I'm using a Samsung Tab S2 and flew many times without a problem until today. App just closed with no warning. One thing I did change was turning geo back on. Once I restarted the app I got a geo warning zone message. I wonder if a lot of these app crashes has something to do with geo warning messages.  
2017-5-7
Use props
rsands
lvl.2
Australia

Strangest thing - my S7 edge has stopped working.  It crashes constantly after update to 4.0.7 - wont even reach splash screen.  Tried clearing data and cache - same thing.
Grab my S8 plus running 4.0.7 and latest Android version - worked great!

Flew two batteries and not a single crash or problem.  I don't have USB debugging enabled, i have turned off Auto Sync HD Photos and have turned off Video Cache - I am convinced the video cache and HD sync has memory leaks somewhere that is causing it to crash when flying.  
2017-5-7
Use props
fans2ff71542
lvl.1
United States

I am actually waiting for my DJI Spark to arrive and own a Samsung S8 plus. I have the DJI GO 4 app installed. When I tried to open it I kept getting a screen resolution error as well and the app would close. I went to settings and changed the display to FHD+...Atleast now when I open the app I do not get any errors and it does not close out. Hoping the flights will be smooth and/or there will be a firmware update soon to address this issue on the S8 plus. I am not trying to have to purchase a separate phone to fly , nor am I trying to drop another $400 for an I Pad mini.
2017-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules