Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Magnectic Field Interference HELP!!!
3733 10 2017-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Luke642029
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1194 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all, i brought my mavic direct from djii had the quad 2 days before i had to return it as compass no 1 was disconnected and i couldnt get it to calibrate correctly,i waited a month, it came back with both compasses working and showing a reading,(which was great)
after a week and a bit now compass 1 is disconnected again, and im getting the error magnectic field interference error on the flight status menu drop down, ive done mulitple compass calibrations in different places(the calibrations says its been succesful when i do one)
ive refreshed the lastest firmware also done a firmware downgrade and still no joy, dji want me to send it off again for repair but to be honest i brought this mavic to take away with me and i go in just under 3 weeks and i know if i send it off i wont have it back for my trip, dji refused to offer me a refund becuase they have aready repaired the mavic and im out of my 14 day refund time (even tho it was back with them for most of the 14 days ) any ideas of tips or tricks i could try to sort this problem out ....cheers

2017-4-25
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Where is your Mavic physically located when you see this error? By any chance is it on or near something metallic or that might otherwise affect the compass? Sometimes there's metal in places you wouldn't necessarily expect to find it, so if this is indoors you might take the Mavic outdoors and see if the error still shows up in a place where you're very sure none is around.
2017-4-25
Use props
Luke642029
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1194 ft
United Kingdom

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-25 10:37
Where is your Mavic physically located when you see this error? By any chance is it on or near something metallic or that might otherwise affect the compass? Sometimes there's metal in places you wouldn't necessarily expect to find it, so if this is indoors you might take the Mavic outdoors and see if the error still shows up in a place where you're very sure none is around.

Hi thanks for your reply, I've just taking it into an open field by my house the compass seems to calibrate fine and i get the gps ready to fly green logo on my phone screen, its just the error i get on the flight status menu which is concerning me,would this error be because the compass no 1 says disconnected? cheers
2017-4-25
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Luke642029 Posted at 2017-4-25 11:05
Hi thanks for your reply, I've just taking it into an open field by my house the compass seems to calibrate fine and i get the gps ready to fly green logo on my phone screen, its just the error i get on the flight status menu which is concerning me,would this error be because the compass no 1 says disconnected? cheers

If it's still saying that the compass is disconnected then I'd go ahead and contact DJI about it.
2017-4-25
Use props
fansd26712fc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73091 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yesterday I calibrated my Mavic on my top of my camper trailer, shortly after left off compass error appeared. Moved to a different spot and re-calibrated the mavic again and everything seems to be functioning properly
2017-4-25
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

fansd26712fc Posted at 2017-4-25 11:14
Yesterday I calibrated my Mavic on my top of my camper trailer, shortly after left off compass error appeared. Moved to a different spot and re-calibrated the mavic again and everything seems to be functioning properly

It is common to get the magnetic field interference error if the arms are still folded. Are you getting the compass error with the arms still folded.
2017-4-25
Use props
Dronoob
Second Officer
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

I got the same message during flight (magnetic interference). At that time the Mavic was above the sea, 100m away from any object.

The Mavic drifted for some seconds. Then the message went away and everything went back to normal. I have not seen the message again and had about 2 hours flight time after that in different locations.

I am wondering if that was a bug in the firmware or compass calibration is required. As the Mavic did not ask for it, I did not calibrate the compass (never did it).
2017-4-25
Use props
hungdang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Luke642029 Posted at 2017-4-25 11:05

Did you have compass error while you in open field after you did compass calibrated? if yes then try again in different location. contact DJI if the problem still there, should not fly if the Mavic has compass error.
2017-4-25
Use props
Bucefalo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 444944 ft
Italy

we shouldn't exclude SOLAR FLARES from being the main problem ...
Solar Flames
this was reported recently from another user but i do remember a friend of mine flying little aircraft he kept on saying about the problems caused from solar flames in some occasions ..
2017-4-25
Use props
CelticWarrior
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4033665 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Manyy things can distort the earth’s magnetic field in the area you are flying:

Steel framed or reinforced concrete buildings, bridges and roadways, iron pipes and culverts, high power electric lines, heavy equipment, trucks and automobiles, steel tanks, electric motors and even computers.
Flying between steel framed or reinforced high rise buildings will distort the magnetic field in addition to causing GPS multi-pathing.
Safe distances for compass calibration

6” (15 cm) minimum: Metal rim glasses, pen/pencil, metal watch band, pocket knife, metal zipper/buttons, belt buckle, batteries, binoculars, cell phone, keys, camera, camcorder, survey nails, metal tape measure.
18” (50 cm) minimum: Clipboard, data collector, computer, GPS antenna, 2-way radio, hand gun, hatchet, cell phone case with magnetic closure.
6 ft (2 m) minimum: Bicycle, fire hydrant, road signs, sewer cap or drain, steel pole, ATV, guy wire, magnets, chain-link fence, bar-wire fence, data collectors

that use a magnet to hold the stylus.
15 ft (5 m) minimum: Electrical box, small car/truck, powerline, building with concrete & steel.
30 ft (10 m) minimum: Large truck, metal building, heavy machinery.
2017-4-26
Use props
fansbd9ceef2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 291821 ft
United States

CelticWarrior Posted at 2017-4-26 01:15
Manyy things can distort the earth’s magnetic field in the area you are flying:

Steel framed or reinforced concrete buildings, bridges and roadways, iron pipes and culverts, high power electric lines, heavy equipment, trucks and automobiles, steel tanks, electric motors and even computers.

I experienced all of this today when trying to shoot around a metal barn with trailers and tractors near by. I couldnt connect the contoller at all. Does anyone know if those antenna boosters would help in that situation?
2017-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules