3.12 upgrade
3993 20 2015-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ericsbnb
lvl.1

United States

when i tstart up the phantom assistant it notifies me that there is a new v. 3.12 upgrade for the firmware.  But when i goto the upgrade part of the assistant, it does not show the newest upgrade.  What am i doing wrong?
2015-3-4
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

i think you might have to click on the 'no updates' to get it to work
2015-3-4
Use props
ericsbnb
lvl.1

United States

it does not show no updates,  it has a green check mark and say version 3.08, and i have tried to refresh the page but not diff.  Than I click on the green check and it wants to update to 3.08 again.
2015-3-4
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

ericsbnb Posted at 2015-3-5 05:39
it does not show no updates,  it has a green check mark and say version 3.08, and i have tried to re ...

Within that 3.08 update is the main controller 3.12 update.
2015-3-4
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

Eric, I finally got mine out of the box to upgrade to 3.12 but I am seeing exactly the same thing as you. No solution though except maybe try again in a couple of days.
2015-3-4
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Capt. Bill Posted at 2015-3-5 05:48
Eric, I finally got mine out of the box to upgrade to 3.12 but I am seeing exactly the same thing as ...

Do you see bottom left button "upgrade all"?
2015-3-4
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-5 05:50
Do you see bottom left button "upgrade all"?

No I don't have that button
2015-3-4
Use props
ericsbnb
lvl.1

United States

I got it to work.  I could not get the assistant to update as well so i removed it and re-installed it from DJI site and wahlah, it fixed the problem.  I the new version of assistant 3.8 allowed me to check for the firmware upgrade and it displayed the newest 3.12.  Just went out for a quick test and it seemed to work just fine.   The only thing that I can not figure out is how the Dynamic Home Point works, if anybody can help that would be great.  Thanks for all of your replies and Happy Flying!
2015-3-4
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

ericsbnb Posted at 2015-3-5 06:20
I got it to work.  I could not get the assistant to update as well so i removed it and re-installed  ...

Are you Apple? DJI site says latest Windows version is 3.6?
2015-3-4
Use props
Guy
lvl.4

Australia

Capt. Bill Posted at 2015-3-5 06:32
Are you Apple? DJI site says latest Windows version is 3.6?

Windows has 3.6 and 3.8 but use 3.8.

If the Upgrade All does not work (like mine did not) click the blue link/s down the right hand side. A window should appear for you to continue to Update or advise there are no updates.

Regards

Guy
2015-3-4
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

Got mine updated now. I don't know how I missed it but I found the 3.8 upgrade and that did install MC V3.12 firmware. Apparently 3.6 will only install MC V3.08 and it does not see there is a new assistant upgrade. DJI made have left Assistant 3.6 in case someone wants to go back to MC 3.08
2015-3-4
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

DJI should mention in their post you need Assistant V3.8 to install MC V3.12 Firmware
2015-3-4
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Capt. Bill Posted at 2015-3-5 07:05
DJI should mention in their post you need Assistant V3.8 to install MC V3.12 Firmware

Yes they could/should though you can see it in the support page that it is listed under the 3.08..if you think to look there..
Either way, they should indicate clearly in the Sticky....or hmmmm.....what about including a link in the Sticky that states click here to download the 3.8 software which includes the 3.12 firmware...too easy I think..
Anyhow, here it is for those looking, Just click on the link below, select downloads below appropriate model and download from here:
http://www.dji.com/support

2015-3-4
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

What I thought was really odd was that Assistant V3.6 did not show there was a new version available.
2015-3-4
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Capt. Bill Posted at 2015-3-5 09:31
What I thought was really odd was that Assistant V3.6 did not show there was a new version available ...

As did i as i initially launched the 3.6 Assistant on the laptop as well and tried to update from the Assistant there and it was a no go...then i decided to go to the support pg., downloaded the 3.8 software for the 3.12 firmware and it all went well from there..
and in case you are reading this an not sure WTF we are talking about, just click the below link, slect the "Downloads" under you model and download and go from there...
http://www.dji.com/support

2015-3-4
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

DJI Assistant is (in)famous for that,  a) it will not show that a new Assistant version is available when you look at the info tab of the older version one and b.)  it will not show the new Firmware version while you have an older Assistant.
Not logical to me but I guess this way seems logic to DJI since they keep doing that, at least they seem to have fixed their poor version numbering habits.
2015-3-5
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

I have to delete and reinstall 3.8 software to get it to work.
2015-3-5
Use props
bluemagic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1129629 ft
United States

Still a no go here. Very odd.
2015-3-8
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

bluemagic@comca Posted at 2015-3-9 12:06
Still a no go here. Very odd.

I just checked the site and the updates are showing...try again...Download a fresh copy, do not try to update through an older version..
When you have downloaded and connect it will likely show no updates, just click and refresh it...try it!
2015-3-8
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

They solved it.
2015-3-9
Use props
Guy
lvl.4

Australia

Yes I think the issue of knowing what the new update does is now clear. Some are having problems getting the update. Some have had their Phantom have a bad reaction to the update.

For me when I discovered the ESC / Motor wiring has been done badly I decided to fix the problem before trying.

Now Tahoe_Ed is saying we should all know that with an update we should calibrate everything including the IMU. I cannot see this in a clear step by step procedure.

Regards

Guy

PS I am going to sell my Phantom because I can not take this anymore.
2015-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules