Maintenance propellers.
1192 8 2017-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frenck
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142723 ft
Italy

When is it necessary to replace the propellers? Is there a time for replacement?
2017-4-26
Use props
Mr Pete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 404219 ft
United Kingdom

I would only replace propellers if they've come into contact with something, I suppose they could degrade over time depending on the storage conditions, check for any stress cracks near the hub of the prop.
2017-4-26
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

You should always check the propellers and the connection before and after flight. Mosquito smudges, scratches. I use camera wipes to clean them after each flight. Check the spring the inner plastic for any cracks. In the winter make sure you clean them well from snow, drizzle it you happened to be outside and you got hit with some flakes.

I also use dust destroyer can to blow the the spring, motors, battery seat etc.
2017-4-26
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

I change mine when they get wobbly on the mounts. It takes a while, maybe 6 months of regular flying.
2017-4-26
Use props
nilmaster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232707 ft
United States

Well I have the following on the the same propellers. 241 Flights, 176 Miles, Total Air Time 33Hours 3mins, and longest distance 15,676 feet
2017-4-27
Use props
Frenck
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142723 ft
Italy

nilmaster Posted at 2017-4-27 03:15
Well I have the following on the the same propellers. 241 Flights, 176 Miles, Total Air Time 33Hours 3mins, and longest distance 15,676 feet

Have you ever replaced the propellers?
2017-4-27
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

At any sign of damage or mounting issues. They are not a lot of money. A regular inspection will serve well.
2017-4-27
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

All of the above plus listen. I've found that when the propellers get a bit of wear & tear they seem to sound noisier. Then again maybe it's imagination. Sorta like I think I have control of my P3P {:4_177:}
2017-4-27
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

sky wombat Posted at 2017-4-27 05:04
All of the above plus listen. I've found that when the propellers get a bit of wear & tear they seem to sound noisier. Then again maybe it's imagination. Sorta like I think I have control of my P3P

I think the noise is because they are not clean.   I noticed mine getting noisy a few weeks ago so got a scotch pad to them, cleaned all the insect debris off the surface and then polished them with car paint cutting compound - they are almost silent again now apart from the sound they make passing over the arms.  Those have just had 1 year of use with no sign of any issues.

If they ever strike something hard at high power then they should be replaced along with the plastic prop mounts, but otherwise I reckon they are good for 6 years, or until they don't lock onto the mounts securely due to wear.  Also check the prop-mount screws regularly, I have a line drawn across them onto the plastic so that I can see at a glance that they haven't moved.  Don't leave the props mounted when not in use.
2017-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules