Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
TB50 new versions
1685 8 2017-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dr Jon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 463012 ft
United Kingdom

Got a new set on Inspire 2 Batts a few days ago. i was monitoring the batt abilities compared to me original two set delivery. these new ones beahve significantly different. on the old set at 30% it was approaching 3.4 volt per cell which for me was land time.. the new set at 10% was at 3.4 volts. okay these are new but they dont behave the same when im fliying. look stronger

Is this possible DJI now have a new Batt and not tolkd us? I did notice they changed the defaults on the DJI GO 4 which does align with this conclusion
/
2017-4-26
Use props
nzfritz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 263796 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

Seems to 'break the rules' for lipo batts ya. Usually 3.7 per cell is 20% and less than that isn't good for the battery. Maybe DJI has something up their sleeve....
2017-4-26
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Interesting. The critical measure is flight time. Are you getting a different flight time to the same voltage. I personally don't think there has been a change in chemistry, rather, the resetting of expectations as to what these percentages mean. 10% is the new 30% to indicate that most of the 'safe' Coulombs have been used up in the flight.
2017-4-26
Use props
Mafia16
Captain
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

thats why they where out of stock
2017-4-26
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

maybe a software / hardware change? They were out of stock for a long time  hum ....

Keep us posted what you find out
Rich
2017-4-26
Use props
Henry M.Y.
First Officer
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi Dr Jon,

It seems the difference you experienced btw the old set and new set of TB50 batts was caused by the increase in internal resistance of the old set of batts over time, reflected as extra voltage drop under load. My range of old and new TB48 batts exhibited the similar difference, in particular when they were hauling the heavy I1 with X5.

Did you also encounter a higher batt temperature with the old set than the new set of batts after flights?

Henry
2017-5-2
Use props
Lammert de Graa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 382001 ft
Netherlands

Henry M.Y. Posted at 2017-5-2 05:13
Hi Dr Jon,

It seems the difference you experienced btw the old set and new set of TB50 batts was caused by the increase in internal resistance of the old set of batts over time, reflected as extra voltage drop under load. My range of old and new TB48 batts exhibited the similar difference, in particular when they were hauling the heavy I1 with X5.

That might be a bit hard to remember. Maybe a (battery) log export function or at least a review function for the battery`s in DJI Dataviewer could be a good solution to find out what the battery temperature was in that flight!

Do you know when this function will available for the CAA certified users? It would be really great.
2017-5-2
Use props
Henry M.Y.
First Officer
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Lammert de Graa Posted at 2017-5-2 12:14
That might be a bit hard to remember. Maybe a (battery) log export function or at least a review function for the battery`s in DJI Dataviewer could be a good solution to find out what the battery temperature was in that flight!

Do you know when this function will available for the CAA certified users? It would be really great.

Hi Lammert de Graa,

Yes, it may be hard to remember. But we can deliberately hover the I2 with the old and new set of batts again successively under similar ambient conditions to compare the batts' temperatures, voltages, and flight times.

I have no idea on when DJI will roll out the desired Dataviewer function in future release of the DJI Assistant 2. For me, the batts temperature data can be obtained through Healthydrones.com (now called airdata.com).

Henry
2017-5-2
Use props
Dr Jon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 463012 ft
United Kingdom

Found the answer ... I did a test flight using Litchi with an old and a new and there was much better performance on the new set. Now the bad part....when i got home i wasn't thinking what is was doing but i updated the battery firmware. when i now rerun the litchi pattern again both batt sets perform exactly the same....  
2017-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules