Stress Crack so bad that it chip off
2824 19 2015-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adesmond2
lvl.2

Singapore

I would like to check if anyone experienced such a weird stress crack that the arm is almost crack off.

I have no crash, no hard landing (as I hand catch after my first few learning on hand catch).

Recently after my 2x flights, when doing some basic cleaning on the exterior, I found these cracks so bad that the arm "feels" like cracking off. I've emailed DJI but no response thus decided to bring this up to the forum hoping someone from DJI will catch this and expedite and advise me.

I have never touch anything interior as this machine is quite expensive and thus I've flew it as per instructions.

Appreciate if someone could advise and assist me in getting this thing fixed, else I'm not in time for intl quad day... Mar 24 (if I didn't recall wrongly)

PS: how do I attached pictures?
2015-3-4
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Contact the service center closest to you.  They have receive updated P2 shells that will cure that problem.  
2015-3-4
Use props
adesmond2
lvl.2

Singapore

https://plus.google.com/u/0/phot ... 6122614768642005841

the photos.
2015-3-4
Use props
adesmond2
lvl.2

Singapore

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-5 13:29
Contact the service center closest to you.  They have receive updated P2 shells that will cure that  ...

Hi, I've tried, they did not reply.. Btw, I'm from Singapore, Hong Kong will be the nearest right? Or US?
2015-3-4
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I would try SZ.  Hong Kong does not have service facilities to my knowledge.
2015-3-4
Use props
adesmond2
lvl.2

Singapore

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-5 14:07
I would try SZ.  Hong Kong does not have service facilities to my knowledge.

ok.. do you have any email address for me to email them?
2015-3-4
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

adesmond2@hotma Posted at 2015-3-5 14:45
ok.. do you have any email address for me to email them?

Support@dji.com

Or you can directly send mail to me  autumn.a@dji.com. I'll see what I can do for help.
2015-3-4
Use props
adesmond2
lvl.2

Singapore

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-3-5 14:47
Support@dji.com

Or you can directly send mail to me  autumn.a@dji.com. I'll see what I can do for ...

thanks! I've emailed you.
Really glad that you can help out! ;)
2015-3-4
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-5 13:29
Contact the service center closest to you.  They have receive updated P2 shells that will cure that  ...

Ed can those updated shells be purchased separately (directly from DJI) or are they only available as a warranty / service repair item?

Also is there any way to ID which period and models might be affected?

2015-3-5
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JATO Posted at 2015-3-5 23:04
Ed can those updated shells be purchased separately (directly from DJI) or are they only available ...

It is my impression that the shells that are now available are the new ones.  However, I would check with the vendor or DJI if they are the current ones.  Sometimes stock hangs around.
2015-3-5
Use props
adesmond2
lvl.2

Singapore

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-6 12:55
It is my impression that the shells that are now available are the new ones.  However, I would che ...

ya.. I've checked with the vendors/dji authorised resellers. They are still pending for the new stock to come in. & that means = no fly/grounded.

I'm tempted to put some silicon or plastic glues.. but I'm worried that it might damaged further..
2015-3-5
Use props
ChristoHD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21818 ft
United States

I sent mine in yesterday for the very same thing. 2 flights, no crashes, and hairline cracks and splints in the front two arms.
2015-3-6
Use props
Jackvg
lvl.2

Netherlands

Mine has this problem too. A few days ago i discoverd small cracks in all 4 arms, en 2 big cracks, even at a place where no screw is. Today i was looking again, and the cracks were bigger, and a new one appeared on the top of the shell?! I did not fly it since i discovered it. It has to be a wrong kind of plastic? I hope to find out more soon. I got contact now with the DJI service, and exchanging proof of purchase etc. I really hope they will fix this for me.
2015-3-7
Use props
TSP181
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18258 ft
United States

The low number of flights you guys are reporting makes me wonder; is this a P2 v3 problem or is it a problem with earlier models?   I have a v3 and will inspect it for cracks. .   
2015-3-7
Use props
Jackvg
lvl.2

Netherlands

Mine is a Phantom 2 v2 with h3-3d gopro gimbal. (Not a vision etc). I just have it for about 3 weeks now.
2015-3-7
Use props
TSP181
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18258 ft
United States

TSP181 Posted at 2015-3-7 22:38
The low number of flights you guys are reporting makes me wonder; is this a P2 v3 problem or is it a ...

My v3 has no sign of cracks - yet.   I will continue to watch for them.  
2015-3-7
Use props
stock12to32
lvl.3

United States

I have a v3 as well with over 100 flights with no cracks yet.
2015-3-7
Use props
edbighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I have a v2 with four cracks after 20 flights. No crashes, hand catch every time. I am now using my v3 with about 6 flights and no cracks. I'll keep checking. This is the single biggest recurring problem on the phantom series and far more prevalent than other user related issues. Somfar I have had two phantoms out of three start to crack. The verdict is still out on my v3. Some of us with big rc experience just don't crash but still experience this issue. It is spoken about far less than it should and hopefully it is rectified with the p3. Less brittle plastic and a hair more thickness in the arms, something the ever better and better motors can easily handle, would do wonders to end this once and for all. A thousand buck item should not disintegrate from basic use in less than thirty, twenty minute flights. If my v3 stays together after twenty flights, I'll place an order for a phantom 3.
2015-5-2
Use props
Jackvg
lvl.2

Netherlands

Today i received my phantom back after 2 months of waiting. I had some big cracks in the plastic, especially on the top half. My dealer was trying to solve this with DJI, but there where no answers back for a long while. Now DJI told us they could not find a cause for this to happen. My dealer decided to fix this himself. I've got i back now, but the plastic seems exactly the same. I hope it wont happen again. Ill keep checking it, but for now its time to finally have some fun with this thing
2015-5-2
Use props
edbighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Jackvg Posted at 2015-5-3 05:50
Today i received my phantom back after 2 months of waiting. I had some big cracks in the plastic, es ...

I retired my p2v v2 with too many cracks and about four days ago took my my 6 flight new v3 and put in about 15 flights on it. Low and behold, boom, first crack. Never once had a crash on any phantom. This is getting old. This better be solved on the p3.

2015-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules