870 11 2017-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spiritua
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904347 ft
Switzerland

Hi,

After some months of flying with my Phantom 4 and then Mavic Pro, i have  edited my first video of shots around Switzerland, France and Spain.
Any comments for improvements or what you like/dislike is welcomed !

Cheers, Sébastien

2017-4-27
Use props
Moshe.mmm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1320098 ft
  • >>>
Israel

Hi,
You have great images and you have a very good eye for choosing best locations and objects to film.
But, you can't control your drone good enough yet.
You need to improve with being gentle with the yaw movements. And you can adjust it to be more smooth in the dji go app.
Second, sometimes it seems like you cut the shot not in the correct place. Too soon before the idea of the shot revel entirely.
Try to see more drone footage editing.
Good luck.
2017-4-27
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice job, thanks for sharing
2017-4-27
Use props
Spiritua
lvl.4
Switzerland

Moshe.mmm Posted at 2017-4-27 04:19
Hi,
You have great images and you have a very good eye for choosing best locations and objects to film.
But, you can't control your drone good enough yet.

Thanks for the great advice !
Indeed i noticed only couple weeks ago that the smoothness of jaw can be configured. i have now done it and it is easier to keep it in control.
I will as well remember the tip of the timing to reveal the scene. thanks for taking the time with those feedback
2017-4-27
Use props
Spiritua
lvl.4
Switzerland

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-4-27 04:34
Nice job, thanks for sharing

thanks for feedback
2017-4-27
Use props
bsharpmjhfab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 456 ft
United States

As a newer drone operator myself. I find that i have issues with the smoothness of flight.... and see that others have posted about you can smooth it out in settings can anyone point me in right direction
2017-4-27
Use props
Spiritua
lvl.4
Switzerland

bsharpmjhfab Posted at 2017-4-27 05:24
As a newer drone operator myself. I find that i have issues with the smoothness of flight.... and see that others have posted about you can smooth it out in settings can anyone point me in right direction

yes, for instance:
that:
or that:

there are for sure many video on the subject, but that are 2 i used.
2017-4-27
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

Spiritua:

Nevermind the jumpy cam moves, the reveal at 1:36 is simply incredible. You know the lake is there, and the land far below, but once the full breadth of the lake displays (sorry but the cut to the grass is too soon, albeit necessary to maintain the drama imposed by the music...), the effect is fantastic. That you grab the scene again to rebuild the tension in the next stanza, for the full reveal (antenna in front of lake) is a nice touch. You repeat that same dramatic theme throughout the story--good teasing work: Conceal Until Reveal.

Sweet editing throughout the piece. You used the violins to their maximum. What music is that?

Thanks for sharing.

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2017-4-27
Use props
Spiritua
lvl.4
Switzerland

Augustus Brian Posted at 2017-4-27 06:45
Spiritua:

Nevermind the jumpy cam moves, the reveal at 1:36 is simply incredible. You know the lake is there, and the land far below, but once the full breadth of the lake displays (sorry but the cut to the grass is too soon, albeit necessary to maintain the drama imposed by the music...), the effect is fantastic. That you grab the scene again to rebuild the tension in the next stanza, for the full reveal (antenna in front of lake) is a nice touch. You repeat that same dramatic theme throughout the story--good teasing work: Conceal Until Reveal.

Augustus, thank you for the constructive feedback.
Looking at it again, I agree that i could have left the scene on the edge a bit longer. looked at the raw footage and indeed 5 seconds longer it would have had again an opening on the lake after the cliff. Will keep in mind for next video. thanks as well for the rest of the positive feedback !

The music is Take Flight from Lindsey Stirling.

Cheers, Séb
2017-4-27
Use props
Spiritua
lvl.4
Switzerland

and thanks for all the feedback so far !
2017-4-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Fantastic job, thanks for sharing. I liked how you framed a lot of your shots.
2017-4-27
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

We look forward to more
2017-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now