Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Discharging M600 Batteries
3167 5 2017-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wvshooter316
lvl.1
United States

Other than discharging the batteries by activating the propellers, is there another way to properly discarge the batteries? Please advise.
2017-4-27
Use props
nil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1874137 ft
Denmark

Yes you can use a resistor bank. I run 3 batteries in parallel  with a 14 amp total current draw which is close to 1C for each battery.
IMG_5644.JPG
2017-4-27
Use props
ricci2
Captain
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hi,
In the Go app under the battery tab is the ability to change when the batteries auto discharge to a safe storage voltage, ( 1 to 10 days) unless you have need to rapidly discharge this seems the best way for me and you don’t have to have a real grasp on electrical theory. Nil method is robust but needs some skill and knowledge  to setup which might not be everybody’s cup of tea. I have an adaptor that I made from a spare charger that uses a M600 battery to run an Osmo, that soon nocks the stuffing out of it, the osmo pro is a power hungry beast.

ricci
2017-4-28
Use props
wvshooter316
lvl.1
United States

nil Posted at 2017-4-27 14:27
Yes you can use a resistor bank. I run 3 batteries in parallel  with a 14 amp total current draw which is close to 1C for each battery.

Cool set up. Thank you!
2017-6-14
Use props
wvshooter316
lvl.1
United States

ricci2 Posted at 2017-4-28 17:28
Hi,
In the Go app under the battery tab is the ability to change when the batteries auto discharge to a safe storage voltage, ( 1 to 10 days) unless you have need to rapidly discharge this seems the best way for me and you don’t have to have a real grasp on electrical theory. Nil method is robust but needs some skill and knowledge  to setup which might not be everybody’s cup of tea. I have an adaptor that I made from a spare charger that uses a M600 battery to run an Osmo, that soon nocks the stuffing out of it, the osmo pro is a power hungry beast.

I will look into this. Thank you for the advise!
2017-6-14
Use props
KrisUAV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73406 ft

Japan

I agree with Ricci`s post about this.
I just set my number of days to drain the batteries and sit back.
I don`t worry about them and I let the intelligent batteries do their thing and automatically drain themselves.
If you fly often, than set them to drain at 1 day.
If not set them to drain at 7 or 10 days.
I personally don`t like to leave my batteries fully charged for more than a day or two.
2017-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules