Replace the drone with Refresh
1895 15 2017-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3d179fe1
lvl.1
United States

CAS-548614-T6N5F3
After sending my Mavic Pro in for repair/replacement under the DJI Care Refresh on 2 April 17, it's now 27 April 17 and my drone has not yet been replaced or a replacement drone sent out to me.

I sent my Mavic Pro back to DJI on 3 April, delivered on 6 April (as confirmed via the tracking #), but DJI's website doesn't show the drone arriving until 12 April - a week later.

The drone wasn't even looked at until 18 April - nearly 2 weeks after they received it.

On 19 April, I paid an additional $79 (on top of the DJI Refresh cost) to have the repair process skipped, and to just send me a new replacement drone.  By this point, it had been after 2 weeks since sending in my drone and they were just now looking at it - I wanted my drone back as soon as possible and was glad to pay a premium for the service, I did not want to endure further delays with the repair process.

DJI's site didn't register my payment until 22 April - 3 days after sending in payment.

On 22 April, the status of my case stated "It will take 1 working day for shipment confirmation after the repair is complete. Please wait patiently."  

On 25 April, I received an email from DJI stating that my drone had been repaired and would be sent back to me within 2 business days.

It's now 27 April and I'm being told that my drone may ship out as early as next week, which puts me at over 1 month waiting on DJI to replace my drone under their DJI Care Refresh program.

Admittedly, this is my first drone purchase and I'm very glad that I've only invested 1-2k into DJI products at this point.  I was going to purchase the Inspire 2 drone w/X5S camera and invest a few more grand into my drone/camera setup, but after going through this nightmare of after-sale service experience and being told different things by different customer service representatives, I cannot justify purchasing any additional DJI products until their service processes are greatly improved.  

It's a shame, as I'm a fan of DJI's products, but without effective after-sales service and the ability to demonstrate confidence to your customer base, DJI will only lose their customer base to their competitors.  Yuneec and ZeroTech are on DJI's heels afterall.

Cheers,

Jim P

2017-4-27
Use props
Rustydog
lvl.1
United States

Does anyone have any good reports about the Refresh program??
2017-4-27
Use props
hybrid33
lvl.2
Flight distance : 912224 ft
United States

Rustydog Posted at 2017-4-27 17:41
Does anyone have any good reports about the Refresh program??

That's what i'm waiting for.  I spent a month waiting for a replacement/repair too.  They FINALLY sent me a 'new' unit about a month later... and it had dings and scuffs all over it.  Looked almost like it was crashed too, but whatever.  The flight logs stored on it were strange, but didn't show a 'crash'.  Yes, there were flight logs.  

Also, they said they'd 'expedite' shipping so many times... and didn't.  They sent it ground.  They offered to take it back, but after all the BS I had to tolerate, I just kept the crap they sent and said heck with it.  So far it flies ok.  I did buy a skin for it to cover the scuffs and whatnot on it, but they wouldn't do crap for all the false promises, the lies, and the misleading comment.  I've also recorded every phone call, even played them for them on the phone, and they literally give zero f***s.  My next UAV will 1000% not be a dji product until they fix their garbage after sales support.
2017-4-27
Use props
int0x80
lvl.3
Flight distance : 668015 ft
United States

LOL, my case took two months: does that make you feel better?

They actually scanned a wrong drone SN#,  and letted me spend 400+ bucks to fix it. I reported this issue and didn't get solved unit 3 weeks later I posted this issue [HERE]on the forum.
2017-4-27
Use props
The Rev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United States

In the UK the refresh takes 3 weeks
2017-4-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Jim, we are sincerely sorry for your unpleasant experience, we are aware of that and trying our best to follow up all the cases so you can get the drone back to fly as soon as possible.
Your drone will be shipped out soon, apologize for the delay again, we'll also keep an eye on its process, truly appreciate your patience.
Thanks for sharing your experience with us here, we have forwarded your concern to the management, we are now working hard to improve to make your experience with us better.
2017-4-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

We listen to all the feedback we get from social media, thank you all for letting us know your stories with us, we feel deeply sorry for the trouble you've been caused.
We're constantly working to improve both product quality and service, hope you have a great time flying the drone.
Please feel free  to contact us if you have any further questions, we are pleased to help. Thank you again for your support!
2017-4-27
Use props
Jim_P
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-27 22:11
We listen to all the feedback we get from social media, thank you all for letting us know your stories with us, we feel deeply sorry for the trouble you've been caused.
We're constantly working to improve both product quality and service, hope you have a great time flying the drone.
Please feel free  to contact us if you have any further questions, we are pleased to help. Thank you again for your support!

DJI Support & DJI Customers,

I'm writing to provide an update on this issue.

Firstly, I'd like to point out that DJI has silently modified the title of this post in what would seem to manage the perception of their customers and to make this issue less important than it truly is.  There is/was no reason to modify the title of this post.  Shame on you!

The original title is:  "Over 1 month to replace drone with DJI Care Refresh."

The modified title is:  "Replace the drone with Refresh"

Secondly, I'd like to provide an update on this issue via an updated timeline:

I sent my Mavic Pro back to DJI on 3 April, delivered on 6 April (as confirmed via the tracking #), but DJI's website doesn't show the drone arriving until 12 April - a week later.

The drone wasn't even looked at until 18 April - nearly 2 weeks after they received it.

On 19 April, I paid an additional $79 (on top of the DJI Refresh cost) to have the repair process skipped, and to just send me a new replacement drone.  By this point, it had been after 2 weeks since sending in my drone and they were just now looking at it - I wanted my drone back as soon as possible and was glad to pay a premium for the service, I did not want to endure further delays with the repair process.

DJI's site didn't register my payment until 22 April - 3 days after sending in payment.

On 22 April, the status of my case stated "It will take 1 working day for shipment confirmation after the repair is complete. Please wait patiently."  

On 25 April, I received an email from DJI stating that my drone had been repaired and would be sent back to me within 2 business days.

On 27 April, I was told that my drone may ship out as early as next week.

On 1 May, the DJI repair status of this issue still states "It will take 1 working day for shipment confirmation after the repair is complete. Please wait patiently."  I have not received notice from DJI that my drone has shipped.  This same notice was displayed on 22 April - so much for "1 working day".   

Tomorrow will mark 1 month since this issue has been reported to DJI.  

DJI Support - given new mavic's are available on your website, and I can get a new mavic literally anywhere locally, the fact that customer's who have paid for DJI Care Refresh, in addition to a $79 replacement fee, are having to wait such extended wait times for DJI to fulfill their promise is entirely unacceptable.  This is an unethical way of doing business, especially with silently modifying this post (shame on you!), and DJI needs to realize that they are forcing their paying customers to take their money elsewhere.

I'm open to any questions regarding my experience with DJI, I have no qualms divulging the details on this nightmarish experience and the lack of their responsiveness via action.

Thank you.

Jim P.
2017-5-1
Use props
Jim_P
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-27 22:11

DJI Support,

I refuse to be taken advantage of and forced into a situation where I'm stuck dealing with the lack of DJI's ability to deliver on their promises for which I've paid handsomely for, and I will not wait 2+ months to go by for DJI to get around to fulfilling their promise.

If I do not have a new replacement drone in hand by the end of this week (5 May), I will be contacting both my Credit Card company & Amazon.com to file a fraud report, the result of which, both my Credit Card company & Amazon will return the money back to me - I have paid over $1,200 for the new mavic, DJI Care Refresh and $79 replacement fee, and I have no drone and I'm being forced to wait an unknown amount of time until I receive my property back.  This is unacceptable and amounts to theft at the least and bait and switch at the most.

Additionally, I will be filing a fraud report with the Better Business Bureau here in the States and reporting not only my experience, by shining a spotlight on the many great examples in this very forum, to my contacts at arstechnica.com and engadget.com, as well as seeding other tech media sites.

Again, I will not stand for DJI's willingness to accept my money and their inability to service their own products and deliver on their own promises - that's their issue, not their customer's to deal with.  I would strongly encourage DJI to ensure they are able to actually do business, before accepting your customer's money.  

I'm also strongly encouraging other DJI customer's to stand up for themselves as well, not stand for this lack of support from DJI and do something about it - take your money back and out of the hands of DJI, if they continue to string you along.

This will be the last post that I make in this thread, unless of course I receive my drone this week and I'll gladly report on that.  Otherwise, DJI prepare to be contacted by my credit card company and amazon.com with respect to the fraud reports and to give them their money back, because I'll already have mine returned.

Thank you.

Jim Peckey
2017-5-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Jim_P Posted at 2017-5-1 10:51
DJI Support,

I refuse to be taken advantage of and forced into a situation where I'm stuck dealing with the lack of DJI's ability to deliver on their promises for which I've paid handsomely for, and I will not wait 2+ months to go by for DJI to get around to fulfilling their promise.

Your case has been escalated as much as it can be to try and get this addressed promptly. I understand that you will take this information with a grain of salt, but it will be sorted soon.
2017-5-1
Use props
Jim_P
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-1 13:57
Your case has been escalated as much as it can be to try and get this addressed promptly. I understand that you will take this information with a grain of salt, but it will be sorted soon.

Thank you kindly for the prompt response DJI-Jamie, I do appreciate it.

I understand that you personally are only able to do so much and I'm sure many of the people that work for DJI do their best in their individual jobs, but without a cohesive force being driven by effective management and logistical processes, customer's will unfortunately and ultimately be offended and begin to look elsewhere for their droning needs, as I have done.

DJI has 4 more days to resolve my case, at which point I'm going to say just keep the drone and controller as I'll be mailing back the rest of the equipment and DJI can deal with amazon.com as to why their customer was so offended and was given a refund.

I will not be strung along any further.

Thank you.

Jim P.
2017-5-1
Use props
Jim_P
lvl.1
United States

Folks,

I'm writing with some good (coincidental?) news -- nearly 30mins ago, I received an email from DJI Support stating that my replacement drone has been shipped out to me:

Given it's a new package, the UPS site doesn't register it as a valid tracking number as of typing this.

I'll report back with the actual date if and when the drone is delivered.

Cheers,

Jim P.

Capture.JPG
2017-5-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Jim_P Posted at 2017-5-1 14:27
Folks,

I'm writing with some good (coincidental?) news -- nearly 30mins ago, I received an email from DJI Support stating that my replacement drone has been shipped out to me:

Thank you for your update, we feel glad to hear the drone has been shipped out, hope you would receive it soon.
2017-5-1
Use props
Jim_P
lvl.1
United States

Hi Folks,

Quick update with some good & not so good news:

3 May 17 - I received my replacement drone via UPS 2 day air shipping.

The good news, the replacement drone arrived in my original MP box (confirmed via SN) and appears to either be a well-refurbished unit or a new unit - it appears to be in good condition, no scratches on the chassis or gear and the gimbal & camera look to be new.

The not so good news, the controller was placed into the MP box upside down and the right joystick was rammed into the box at an angle.  I've attached a picture of MP box upon opening it, showing the controller packed incorrectly as well as the resulting damage to the MP box from the controller being packed improperly.  Additionally, upon removing the MP box from the shipping box, I immediately heard some rattling inside the box -- turns out, the rattling is from spare parts and a bunch of screws that are unnecessary and not needed by my MP.  I didn't need the spare parts, but thank you I suppose.

As for getting my MP back up in the air, I first had to use the link RC option to connect my original controller to the new MP.  Then I had to activate the unit and give it a new name, like I did when I first bought it.  It took a while to go through the firmware update process and update the no-fly zone database, and once completed, I took it outside to take it for a test flight.  For the first several take off's/landings, I was unable to get the motors to start manually by moving both joysticks inward/downward -- the only way to get the motors to start was to use the 'liftoff' feature on the DJI Go app and sliding sideways.  The last two take off's/landings, I was able to successfully get the motors to start manually.  Another weird issue I encountered;  I customize the joystick controls to adjust the throttle, rudder, strafe, etc. to line up more with what I'd expect out of flying in a PS4 game, and after setting up the custom controls, I noticed the rudder left/right controls were being inverted - more specifically, when I would adjust the MP to rudder right, it would actually rudder left.  As far as I'm aware and could find, or the lack-thereof in this case, there doesn't appear to be any way to invert the controls.  In either case, when I noticed the MP behaving this way, I immediately landed it, reboot the MP, controller and app, which seemed to resolve the issue.

So all in all, I'm quite glad to have my MP back and while it was behaving rather erratically at first, it does seem to be performing well at the moment.  However, I'm quite concerned about the long-term effects of the controller being shipped improperly and the right joystick being jammed in at an angle during shipping.  For this, I'm quite disappointed for such a glaring mistake and the obvious packing/shipping related issues mentioned above.

My confidence in DJI is being restored, however, there's definitely some much needed improvements to be made before I spend any additional money with this company.

Cheers,

Jim P.
MP-3.JPG
MP-2.JPG
MP-1.JPG
2017-5-4
Use props
fansad52b45d
New

United States

Case Number:  CAS-567509-D5H4N3
The mavic pro sent in for repair/replacement has been in the final stage "Shipping Preparation" since May 11. Every time I chat with tech support they say "it is ready to ship" but they have no idea when it will ship.  If you cannot ship the drone replacement by tomorrow 5/17/2017, then I will be claiming the original purchase on my credit card along with the $79 fee that I was charged. At this point it seems this is a common issue with DJI that everyone is experiencing.

JP

2017-5-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansad52b45d Posted at 2017-5-16 12:31
Case Number:  CAS-567509-D5H4N3
The mavic pro sent in for repair/replacement has been in the final stage "Shipping Preparation" since May 11. Every time I chat with tech support they say "it is ready to ship" but they have no idea when it will ship.  If you cannot ship the drone replacement by tomorrow 5/17/2017, then I will be claiming the original purchase on my credit card along with the $79 fee that I was charged. At this point it seems this is a common issue with DJI that everyone is experiencing.

I replied your message, sincerely sorry for the delay, we're working very hard to get it resolved so you can get it back soon. Your case has been reported to the local logistic department, will help you escalate it soon, hope you would receive it back and fly shortly! Truly appreciate your patience.
2017-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules