2017-4-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's a two-way street though.
This means no DJI drones are going to work for Kurdish troops or anyone else using them for reconnaissance etc against ISIS.
2017-4-27
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-4-27 21:17
It's a two-way street though.
This means no DJI drones are going to work for Kurdish troops or anyone else using them for reconnaissance etc against ISIS.

I think that most of the countries that are fighting against Isis should have better options for their intended use then a DJI labeled model.....

Isis is more interested in the cheap, highly portable and non regulated aspect of Consumer drones...

All in All it's a good move on the part of DJI..... nothing will get a product quicker and more severe  scrutiny then somthing being used to further a terrorist agenda.
2017-4-27
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
United States

Some photos of my recent build....

Begin Build

Begin Build

4 hours in

4 hours in

6 hours completion

6 hours completion
2017-4-27
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
United States

350.00 and the time it takes to order the parts from Amazon..... I could easily make a few mods to get it about a 5000 foot range if I thought there were a benefit to it.... Battery is the weak link here.

My point is simple ..... while for the price point I could not build a DJI platform , however If I were willing to spend the money I could very well make a close equivalent.. unfortunately we live in an age where the technology is widely available to do such things.  

I'm proud that DJI did what they did..... but evil people  will always find a way to do evil things.
2017-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules