DJI Assistant 2 - Does it run on Windows 10?
36983 38 2017-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2977537f
New
Flight distance : 45965 ft
United States

I have downloaded DJI Assistant 2 to my HP Laptop running Windows 10 to support my Mavic.  The only thing Assistant 2 will do is give me instructions regarding how to connect an Inspire.
Is there anything I can do to get it to run?

2017-4-29
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

It runs but you got it to run Windows in safe mode and re-install it. Then run Ass, turn AC on and then plug AC in the USB.
2017-4-29
Use props
CamFly Films
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1074564 ft
United Kingdom

dronist Posted at 2017-4-29 06:29
It runs but you got it to run Windows in safe mode and re-install it. Then run Ass, turn AC on and then plug AC in the USB.

Safe mode on Windows 10???????????????????
2017-5-1
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Follow these steps:

Click the Start menu and select Settings.
    Click Update and Security.
    Click on Recovery.
    Click Restart now under Advanced Startup.
    Click Troubleshoot.
    Click Advanced options.
    Click Startup Settings.
    Click on Restart.
    On the Startup Settings screen press 7 or F7 to disable driver signature enforcement.

Then install the tool. it is because 2 drivers are not Singned correctly, the ADB driver (needed for Android OS, were the mavic runs on) and some other driver.

Everything will be fine afterwards
2017-5-1
Use props
rsands
lvl.2
Australia

Yup works fine, follow Nees steps and will be perfect
2017-5-1
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

CamFly Films Posted at 2017-5-1 03:02
Safe mode on Windows 10???????????????????

See what Nees said below... Used to call it safe mode for the past 20 years...
2017-5-1
Use props
Gustave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138 ft
France

dronist Posted at 2017-5-1 06:37

I installed the DJI Assistant 2 on my Windows 10 Pro (Creators Update) as a normal install (not in safe mode). During the install a pop-up appears (several pop-ups), asking if the driver should or should not be installed. When acknowledged is that not enough then?
2017-8-10
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Ukraine

Gustave Posted at 2017-8-10 04:42
I installed the DJI Assistant 2 on my Windows 10 Pro (Creators Update) as a normal install (not in safe mode). During the install a pop-up appears (several pop-ups), asking if the driver should or should not be installed. When acknowledged is that not enough then?

Yes it should be. When you run it, run it as an ADMINISTRATOR it should be fine.
2017-8-10
Use props
medicrx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118455 ft
United States

I run assistant on a windows 10 (creators update installed) laptop, as administrator, and I have had no issues whatsoever.
2017-8-10
Use props
fansb1eeb3fe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 268422 ft
Hong Kong

Nees Posted at 2017-5-1 03:23
Follow these steps:

I got the same problem.

Tried Nees procedures several times but still no luck.

Any other ways ..?
2017-8-10
Use props
Nazar78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5106037 ft
Singapore

fansb1eeb3fe Posted at 2017-8-10 10:22
I got the same problem.

Tried Nees procedures several times but still no luck.

Completely uninstall DJI Assistant 2, perform the "Disable driver signature enforcement" steps mentioned by Nees, more details here option #2. Once rebooted reinstall back the DJI Assistant 2. It will then prompt you to install several unsigned drivers which you'll need to allow.
2017-8-10
Use props
fansa429be01
New
Flight distance : 1159577 ft
United States

Nazar78 Posted at 2017-8-10 12:56
Completely uninstall DJI Assistant 2, perform the "Disable driver signature enforcement" steps mentioned by Nees, more details here option #2. Once rebooted reinstall back the DJI Assistant 2. It will then prompt you to install several unsigned drivers which you'll need to allow.

I have the Same Issue, I have followed all the steps, I have also gone and placed it in safe mode, 1 time it asked me about the trusted person with the drivers, but still does not leave the screen how to install inspire. At help will be appreciated.
2017-8-12
Use props
Nazar78
Second Officer
Singapore

fansa429be01 Posted at 2017-8-12 15:19
I have the Same Issue, I have followed all the steps, I have also gone and placed it in safe mode, 1 time it asked me about the trusted person with the drivers, but still does not leave the screen how to install inspire. At help will be appreciated.

"but still does not leave the screen"

Do you have a screenshot of this? If you still can't solve it, PM me see if I can assist you remotely.
2017-8-12
Use props
GreekGuy72
New
Flight distance : 1159577 ft
United States

Nazar78 Posted at 2017-8-12 23:42
"but still does not leave the screen"

Do you have a screenshot of this? If you still can't solve it, PM me see if I can assist you remotely.

I have attached the screen shot. Picture of the Keyboard, USB Cable and below caption HOW TO Connect Inspire2?

DJI ERROR

DJI ERROR
2017-8-13
Use props
Nazar78
Second Officer
Singapore

GreekGuy72 Posted at 2017-8-13 16:05
I have attached the screen shot. Picture of the Keyboard, USB Cable and below caption HOW TO Connect Inspire2?

If the drivers are correctly installed, you will not see this screen when the aircraft is connected to the PC. If you like, PM me your email so we can chat properly, this forum lacks live notifications. I'm in the GMT+8 zone but always stay up late at night to assist my clients in EU/US region...
2017-8-14
Use props
Dx_Operator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 140413 ft
United States

GreekGuy72 Posted at 2017-8-13 16:05

I get the same screen indicating  inspire 2 but I can launch into the gui and see my mavic values but I cannot get into dev mode when I modify the main.js file. I will try the safe mode method tonight.
2017-8-23
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

Funny....I never even questioned it.  I loaded it in Win10 and have never had any issues, and I didn't have to do anything special.  I just allow it to run in administrator mode.   Been through two firmware updates so far.    I get the same Inspire screen, but I assumed it was the same as when loading DJI Go it starts on the Spark screen.   If I follow the directions to connect my remote and then turn it on, it switches to a screen for me to select my Mavic.

LP
2017-8-23
Use props
Dx_Operator
lvl.2
United States

Dx_Operator Posted at 2017-8-23 12:59
I get the same screen indicating  inspire 2 but I can launch into the gui and see my mavic values but I cannot get into dev mode when I modify the main.js file. I will try the safe mode method tonight.

My issue was my laptop is from work with win 10 and it is locked down on certain services and actions. Found this out installing hardware for other purposes.

Install DJI ass 2 on my own LT and everything worked fine the first time. Modified the file and it works great!
2017-9-19
Use props
Fabro
New
Flight distance : 147733 ft
Argentina

Hi Guys! Having the same issue here, I did everything you said, buy I'm still getting the the screen mentioned before. Any Ideas? I have windows 10 x64. DJI Assistant 2 1.1.6 (I've also tried previous versions?
2017-9-23
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you get that screen if you plug in your Mavic, turn it on, then start DJI Assistant?   I get that screen at first too, but then it gives me the option to select my Mavic.

LP
2017-9-23
Use props
Fabro
New
Flight distance : 147733 ft
Argentina

LeafPeeper Posted at 2017-9-23 14:20
Do you get that screen if you plug in your Mavic, turn it on, then start DJI Assistant?   I get that screen at first too, but then it gives me the option to select my Mavic.

LP

Yes, I tried all the combination, could it be something with W10? I cheked the drivers and it seems to be fine....
2017-9-24
Use props
Dx_Operator
lvl.2
United States

Fabro Posted at 2017-9-23 14:10
Hi Guys! Having the same issue here, I did everything you said, buy I'm still getting the the screen mentioned before. Any Ideas? I have windows 10 x64. DJI Assistant 2 1.1.6 (I've also tried previous versions?

As i previously indicated my issue was the work laptop and it was running win 10 64bit.

How about the others with this issue, no one mentioned was OS platform they are running.

Could be a win 10 services issue which is what I found.

I used one of my other machines on win 7 64bit no problem first time.
2017-9-25
Use props
Mascupz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55725 ft
Indonesia

I had the same problem, I uninstalled and replaced with v1.07 version, it worked
2017-10-4
Use props
mysteray
lvl.1
Germany

Dx_Operator Posted at 2017-9-25 19:27
As i previously indicated my issue was the work laptop and it was running win 10 64bit.

How about the others with this issue, no one mentioned was OS platform they are running.

I couldn't for the life of myself get this programm to run on my Windows 10 64bit machine. Ended up using it in a virtual environment.

Check my original thread here
2017-10-4
Use props
gabriel.magana
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177254 ft
United States

For me, it just works... The screen that talks about Inspire is what gets displayed until I plug in my Mavic or P4P.  what should the home screen be?  My installation definitely works, I've upgraded firmware several times.

I did not have to do anything special to install or run it on Windows 10 x64, whatever the fully patched version is.
2017-10-4
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

dronist Posted at 2017-5-1 06:37

Actually no. Safe mode is completely different.  Enabling unsigned driver install is simply that - it'll install drivers.

Safe mode is a minimal working windows with pretty much no drivers loaded.

Its criminal DJI haven't got through bothering to sign drivers though.
It seems to work fine on Win 10 Creators edition without ths unsigned being installed BUT if you want to calibrate the vision sensors you need it.

2017-10-4
Use props
fans1b04eedc
New
United States

Add me to the list of people that have done all the steps and still get the "how to connect to Aspire" screen.  Tried safe mode instructions by Nees, still no joy.

I'm reading that I need this software to fix the 2-light battery problem on my Mavic without sending it back to DJI.

I'm jealous that your computers loaded this correctly.
2017-11-28
Use props
PA_Mavic
New
United States

Update:  Looks like the USB cable I was using was bad or not the correct cable.  I tried another and had success.  Make sure you try multiple cables after installation!
2017-11-29
Use props
mikekidder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45554 ft
United States

Nees Posted at 2017-5-1 03:23
Follow these steps:

Worked for me! Thank you!!
2018-2-2
Use props
TonyJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17100 ft
United States

Not sure if this will help the problem others were having, but I just spent most of the night trying to activate a pair of Goggles RE.  Long story short--it was the version number of the Assistant 2.  I downloaded the links from the support section for v 1.16, v 1.18, and then I saw a link to v1.2.something.  I installed it, and everything finally worked.  Not even sure I can find that link again, but it wasn't in the support section for the Goggles.  I only knew the version to look for because the Goggles said to look for a version greater than 1.18.  But who would think to look on the device for that info.  Just by luck that I saw it and stopped trying to connect to an "unrecognized device."

DJI--your support section should list ALL the versions, or the newest version, with a note to contact support if you need a previous version.  I am sure that many of the problems I have seen discussed could have been remedied with the newest support versions.

I was at, least, able to activate the Goggles with the newest (I think) version of Assistant 2.  Still working on the no video from drone issue.  Baby steps.

And I do not have an Osmo mobile as shown in my avatar.  Maybe they are planning to send me one since I am such a nice guy.  No idea why it is showing that instead of an Air and Goggles.
2018-2-2
Use props
Gregs77
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22451 ft
  • >>>
United States

if you made change great, in short plug you mavic into computer with the usb and see if it still says inspire. should start upauto maticly.
2018-2-7
Use props
fans70a2d2df
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207822 ft
United States

wont calibrate,  keeps asking for a reboot
2018-2-20
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

This has been a problem with others. One solution was posted here:  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=136213. Hope it helps.
2018-2-21
Use props
MitchAG
lvl.1

I have same usb issue w/ 1.21 and my air RC.  I DID make the unsigned driver change, and installed as "admin."  Still no love.  connects to the AIR w/ no issue, but the RC - NOPE.  Tried the win10 dji usb drivers, too - no luck there, also.
2018-6-12
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

MitchAG Posted at 2018-6-12 18:26
I have same usb issue w/ 1.21 and my air RC.  I DID make the unsigned driver change, and installed as "admin."  Still no love.  connects to the AIR w/ no issue, but the RC - NOPE.  Tried the win10 dji usb drivers, too - no luck there, also.

Are you turning on the RC??  It needs to be turned on in order to be recognized as a device.
2018-6-12
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

MitchAG Posted at 2018-6-12 18:26

If it sees the aircraft then it seems unlikely to be a USB driver problem.
2018-6-13
Use props
Nancy SEO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434849 ft
United States

I have a slightly different issue - if I fire up, connect the Mavic, the RC and DJI Go 4 app on my HEWLETT PACKARD running Windows 10, it shuts down the computer's wireless card, so I lose internet access.

On the other hand, if I fire up, connect the Mavic, the RC and DJI Go 4 app on my LENOVO, everything runs great and I don't lose internet access on the machine.  

Go figure. It's an HP problem. I don't have the bandwidth to deal with it right now, so as long as the Lenovo behaves, I'll just deal.

Funny though, how one laptop wireless card goes bonkers, but the other doesn't.  
2018-6-13
Use props
Pissed
New

United States

This is BS, I just spent over a thousand dollars on a mavic pro bundle and the RC will not connect to the drone out of the box. The assistant app will not install on Windows PC. Mac is not the prefered PC platform for most people.  I asked for a refund and return from Amazon.

2019-3-19
Use props
the.ronin
lvl.2
United States

Is there a fix for this yet, DJI?

It would appear the plans are to deprecate the software since no updates are planned as indicated, but we still need it to run things you cannot run on the Go app like visual distance calibration.  That is not in the Go app.
2019-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules