IMU 1 and 2 calibration failed. Automatic orientation failed
4085 7 2017-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans796d8ff3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 321476 ft
United States

Ok, my Phantom 4 is a little over a year old.  I've flown it without issue the entire time including 5 days ago.  Yesterday I took it out fired it up and got a message stating to close to a magnectic field move to another location.  It stated compass needed to be recalibrated as well as the IMU.  I did all of this at 4 different locations including my house, which i do all my updates at so I know there is no issue with any type of interferance, yet I still get the magnetic interfererance AND IMU 1 and 2 calibration failed error.  Please let me know if this has happened to anyone and what if any solution there is.  Thanks so much!!
2017-4-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds a bit of an odd one. I would try a firmware refresh & factory reset using DJI Assistant 2, see if that clears anything.
2017-4-30
Use props
fans796d8ff3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 321476 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-4-30 13:58
Sounds a bit of an odd one. I would try a firmware refresh & factory reset using DJI Assistant 2, see if that clears anything.

Just tried a reset with DJI assistant 2, still have all the same errors as before.  
2017-5-2
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans796d8ff3 Posted at 2017-5-2 13:20
Just tried a reset with DJI assistant 2, still have all the same errors as before.

Are you on the latest version of DJI Go 4 ?

I've upgraded mine but not had a chance to test yet. Perhaps reinstall DJI Go 4 in case there's some corruption ?
2017-5-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, have you performed any firmware updates or had a hard landing recently? Have you checked your Go app for updates or tried a different mobile device to see whether or not it's a false error message?
2017-5-3
Use props
Mojojojo
lvl.1

Pakistan

Was your Drone Fixed?
What was the issue with it?
How was it fixed?

My drone has the same IMU Calibration Failed message after million attempts and all these methods.
2019-12-12
Use props
SupWidU
lvl.1
United States

Mojojojo Posted at 12-12 11:14
Was your Drone Fixed?
What was the issue with it?
How was it fixed?

Same issue here, guess we’ll never see a fix, what’s the deal.
2019-12-27
Use props
SupWidU
lvl.1
United States

I’m getting exactly the same msgs, no crashes since i purchased it.   Kinda sad things just go south sitting in carry case.
2019-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules