Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go 4 App won't connect with iPhone 6S Plus
6061 15 2017-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Weidyc
New
Flight distance : 204692 ft
Taiwan

I tried to figure this out but it seems there is a quite a few people out there with the same problem as me.

DJI is really quite on this one.  

I along with many users face a connecting problem with certain devices.  I'm still not sure where the root of the problem is, as I have both a iPad Pro 12.9 iOS 9.1 jail broken and guess what ?!? It works fine with the latest go 4 app and the RC and AC.  But with my iPhone 6S Plus iOS 9.3.1 nothing works.  When you power on the controller, then the Mavic pro  then open the go 4 app, it doesn't connect.  When you plug in the cable you hear the charging confirmation tone and see the charging symbol briefly. When there is no go 4 app, or when it's deleted, the phone ask if you want to download the app or ignore and called the RC device "C2"-. I have tried all that I can short of restoring the device, but I'm pretty sure that is not the problem as I've seen on other forums that tried to do network reset , reset all, and even restore the iOS and still no connection, that guy ended up giving up and used in iPad mini.  We need more support from DJI for the iPhone 6/S/Plus/7 users!!

Here are the things I have tried

1. I had go app and go 4 app at the same time becuause go used to support Mavic, but they moved it to go4.  I deleted both and reinstalled go 4 latest version, 4.0.8
2. I have downgraded go 4 to 4.0.0
3 I have tried go app 3.0
4. I have tried using original iPhone cable brand new, in the bottom USB port of the controller and I did unplug the original Mavic pro lightning cable that came with the drone, and I tried either plus and unplugged, switch and switch back alternate have both plug in, have one plug in, any combinations you thing of I tried, I tried with 4 different cables thru the bottom, remind you, they all work with the iPad Pro in any combination but with one one cord plug in, it doesn't work with two ports being plugged in.
5. I tried other apps they can connect with the Mavic controller, they all show the same problem, no connection.
6.  My Mavic has the latest firmware v01.03.0600, with my iPad
7. This Mavic is new, and I couldn't even activated for hours until I finally gave up and used the iPad Pro instead to do everything

Can anyone with success shine in?

Can DJI please fix this problem with there software? Or is this the controller problem not being able to work with iPhone 6's?
2017-4-30
Use props
Weidyc
New
Taiwan

There seems to be a lot of people running iOS 9.3.1 on iPhone 6S Plus who have the same problem, some even on other devices like the iPad, and its not just for Mavic Pro user, phantom users or any users that need to use the GO4 app or any app.  I think the problem might be related to an OTA install of iOS 9.3.1.  Some people claimed that restoring thru iTunes seem to fix it.  But to be clear, anyone posting a fix should state clearly, what phone they were using
2017-5-4
Use props
Weidyc
New
Taiwan

There seems to be a lot of people running iOS 9.3.1 on iPhone 6S Plus who have the same problem, some even on other devices like the iPad, and its not just for Mavic Pro user, phantom users or any users that need to use the GO4 app or any app.  I think the problem might be related to an OTA install of iOS 9.3.1.  Some people claimed that restoring thru iTunes seem to fix it.  But to be clear, anyone posting a fix should state clearly,
1.what phone they were using: iPhone 6S Plus 128GB

2. what ios they were using and how they got to that iOS: iOS 9.3.1 OTA (most likely as its how i got it out of hte box).  Most iphones come out of the box with OTA installed versions of the iOS, this has cause some phones to work imporperly, even worse when jailbreaking, i had no choice but to jailbreak as is , since 9.3.1 weren't being signed by apple by the time i bought the phone.  I was lucky enough to have a phone that was still 9.3.1

3. how they updated or restored the iphone and to what iOS version: Like i said, my phone came with 9.3.1 so it wasn't updated or resotred to 9.3.1.  Im sure somepeople who had restored or updated their iphone to 9.3.1 using iTunes, mostl likely got the app to work the controller/ac.  If you were on 9.3.1 then state if you had updated or restored to 9.3.1 through the phone or thru the computer using iTunes.

4. did it work:  Currently, still havent restored, When the jailbreak for 10.3.1 comes out, i will update/restore using iTunes, and try again.  And after it works I will jailbreak and try again. to show you all the processes of ilimination.

5. F. YOU DJi for not helping in the forums!
2017-5-4
Use props
mstevens
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19078 ft
United States

The thread title is misleading. The issue appears to relate to an old, jailbroken OS on iPhone 6S Plus.

I have no problem whatsoever.

1: iPhone 6S Plus 128 GB
2: iOS 10.3.1 OTA
3: redundant answer to redundant question - iOS 10.3.1 OTA
4: Yep
5: F. You, those who demand that DJI support every device and OS version out there including old jailbroken versions.
2017-5-5
Use props
Kenyon
New

United States

mstevens Posted at 2017-5-5 14:32
The thread title is misleading. The issue appears to relate to an old, jailbroken OS on iPhone 6S Plus.

I have no problem whatsoever.

mstevens, I am having the same issues. My phone is an iPhone 6s 128 using iOS 10.3.1 OTA. I have not jailbroken my phone and it won't connect to the app. I spent hours pouring over articles and haven't found a solution. I also spent 4 hours online with DJi's tech assist with very little help. They just had me look at the same articles I already read. I think there is an issue with the app. I tried again with a new Mavic Pro (they had me send in my original to ensure it wasn't a drone problem) and the issue persisted. Looks like they are going to release an update to the app soon to fix this issue. I hope they do cause this drone looks sweet and I have waited so long to get my hands on it.
2017-5-24
Use props
fans1a70431d
New
Canada

I'm having the same problem. iPhone 6s. Fully updated, same with the app. No matter what I try it will not connect to DJI Go 4 app. Have spent 6 hours with DJI tech support and have had my drone replaced. ANYONE? ideas?
2017-7-13
Use props
Andy in SW Fla
lvl.1
Flight distance : 338 ft

United States

I have another thread on here with a similar issue. I can still fly using Wifi or the remote only but the remote won't connect to my iPhone7, iPhone5s or iPad mini. Also the remote won't connect to DJI assistant 2 through iMac. My guess is the USB ports on the remote are non functional. Looking for a FIX too.
2017-7-13
Use props
fans7b670302
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1736 ft
United Kingdom

I had Samsung 6 edge,same thing happened. Now have Samsung 8, PERFECT updates firmware no problem
2017-7-25
Use props
Jamesdev
New

India

I'm having the same problem. iPhone 6s. Fully updated, same with the app. No matter what I try it will not connect to DJI Go 4 app. Have spent 6 hours with DJI tech support and have had my drone replaced. ANYONE? ideas?

I am at the same situation sometimes ago.  However, i am able to find solution by following this thread  instructions from https://www.reddit.com/r/dji/comments/5cnc9o/problems_with_mavic_iphone_6s_and_dji_go_app/ . Specially thanks to Morawka reply.
2017-8-30
Use props
GARYD18166
New
Flight distance : 12510 ft
United Kingdom

i have dont this and sorted it,   dji go 4 app would not conect to iphone 6s plus, reset the phone using itunes 100% worked, after 3 weeks off hell with dji and apple,
2017-11-2
Use props
GARYD18166
New
Flight distance : 12510 ft
United Kingdom

reset the phone using itune connect to pc. i have just done this 02-11-17 and it worked, iphone 6s plus, mavic pro, dji go 4, ids 11.0.3
2017-11-3
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 660092 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im going to try a reset - will let you know how I get on. Brand new MPP and iPhone 6 Plus with latest IOS (11.1.2). Tried three cables as well and resent link between controller and MPP.
2017-11-27
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hmm - reset iPhone via iTunes and I seem to be connected. Using USB iPhone cable. Will try DJI cable when updates completed.
2017-11-27
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It must be the IOS. DJI Cable works fine now!
2017-11-29
Use props
fans234a8504
New
Czechia

I have the same problem. My Mavic and Phantom 4 pro does not work with DJ GO 4 on my iphone 6 (11.1.2). At the same time my drones work well with another android device. Is there anything else I can try except iphone reset? I do not want to reset my phone because of one application only.
2017-12-15
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sadly, I dont think so.  Mind you, you should be on iOS 11.2.1 by now? See if that works first.  Let us know if it does!
2017-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules