Flight distance : 444944 ft
Italy

2017-4-30
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Italy

the amazing site of Acropolis in Athens !!!
2017-4-30
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

Bucefalo Posted at 2017-4-30 15:57
the amazing site of Acropolis in Athens !!!

Are you able to fly drones over such areas in Greece??  No regulation/preventing this?  Very cool!  I'm heading to the islands this summer hopefully; been to the Parthenon several times, but if I can go with my  Mavic then maybe I'll make a point to go again!
2017-4-30
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Italy

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-4-30 22:56
Are you able to fly drones over such areas in Greece??  No regulation/preventing this?  Very cool!  I'm heading to the islands this summer hopefully; been to the Parthenon several times, but if I can go with my  Mavic then maybe I'll make a point to go again!

Randy if we talk about REGULAR permission.. maybe not 100%
if we talk about taking the correct safety/ethic rules ... than yes 100% !
2017-5-1
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Canada

Bucefalo Posted at 2017-5-1 14:52
Randy if we talk about REGULAR permission.. maybe not 100%
if we talk about taking the correct safety/ethic rules ... than yes 100% !

Ok, I get your drift   There is so many police around...especially from the point your took off from at the top of the steps (before the nice shopping strip); lots of tourists at that location .  

I was in Italy last year in May and wished the whole time that the Mavic was available; Italy would be #1 location for a Mavic IMO.  I'm heading to Iceland in a few weeks then Greece after that so we'll see how nice Santorini is overhead
2017-5-1
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice job and thank you for sharing
Rich
2017-5-1
Use props
fkindome
lvl.2
Flight distance : 130682 ft
Canada

Nice footage and editing...thanks for sharing!
2017-5-1
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Italy

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-5-1 20:22
Ok, I get your drift   There is so many police around...especially from the point your took off from at the top of the steps (before the nice shopping strip); lots of tourists at that location .  

I was in Italy last year in May and wished the whole time that the Mavic was available; Italy would be #1 location for a Mavic IMO.  I'm heading to Iceland in a few weeks then Greece after that so we'll see how nice Santorini is overhead

I try to find a park/hill nearby the place i'd like to take a picture/video.. especially in places like that i do my best to don't FLY AROUND but basically just lift the drone in the air make my footage and fold back the mavic !
I believe the less we roam around in places like that the better it is :-)
actually i'm creating a LIST of gps position from where i took off .. " safe places " around the world.. i'm willing to share with other cause travelling and have already a safe place to took off is priceless :-)

i'm glad you enjoyed my short clip guys !
2017-5-2
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Canada

Bucefalo Posted at 2017-5-2 23:25
I try to find a park/hill nearby the place i'd like to take a picture/video.. especially in places like that i do my best to don't FLY AROUND but basically just lift the drone in the air make my footage and fold back the mavic !
I believe the less we roam around in places like that the better it is :-)
actually i'm creating a LIST of gps position from where i took off .. " safe places " around the world.. i'm willing to share with other cause travelling and have already a safe place to took off is priceless :-)

I think I know one of your 'spots'...the area/field just across from the Royal Olympic Hotel; stayed their once, great location.  The green area right across I could see from one of your shots.  It also has some really nice ruins (pillars); but where can you go in Athens to find ruins   You could easily sit under a tree here and get a spectacular view all the time- I see that you did this.  

Good work!
2017-5-3
Use props
ramsesp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 510725 ft

Germany

I like your video. We are in Athens in late February, staying in a hotel very close to the Parthenon. The hotel has a rooftop terrace, very nice for starting and landing the Mavic.
I'm wondering how high you were flying ? I'm considering to use Litchi for programming  a flight route around the Acropolis hill.
2017-12-27
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Italy

ramsesp Posted at 2017-12-27 10:14
I like your video. We are in Athens in late February, staying in a hotel very close to the Parthenon. The hotel has a rooftop terrace, very nice for starting and landing the Mavic.
I'm wondering how high you were flying ? I'm considering to use Litchi for programming  a flight route around the Acropolis hill.

Hi Ramsep sorry for my late reply! there i was about 150mt if i remember well (maybe little less) ! Litchi might be a good idea cause on the other side of parthenon actually i've lost SIGNAL (the day after while visiting parthenon i noticed some BIG antennas...) but thank God mavic " found " its way home safely :-) Since is not 100%  fine to be out there flying drone i suggest you to find a " quiet place " where take off ;)
2018-1-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beautiful footage!
2018-1-3
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4