Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0719389d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2411276 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi All,
I've been using my X5R on the Osmo and on my Inspire without any problems for over a year. I decided to get a z-axis & found that I don't get any video feed on the Go App. I get correct histogram, start/stop works etc, but just a grey screen instead of video. All firmware is up to date & its the latest version of Go.
At first I thought the z-axis was faulty, so I sent it back to the suppliers. They tested it and said it was fine, so sent it back to me, but I still have the same problem.

I called them up & explained it in more detail and they said they had a similar issue with another purchaser last year- that the x5r worked fine on the handle alone, but no video with the z-axis. In the end he had to send the osmo, z-axis and camera all back to dji, & they sorted it out, but it took a few weeks.

Has anyone else come across this problem? and can give any insight. I need to use the z-axis on upcoming projects, but I can't really be without by X5R for a few weeks, as I use it regularly for work. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Thanks,

Fergus
2017-5-1
Use props
DonBishop
lvl.2
United States

The caps for the Z-Axis have tines on them that will wreak havoc on the wire pins inside the connector.  If you tried to put the caps back on, this is likely what caused the damage.  Take a close look and you'll probably see that some of the wires are bent and not connecting properly.
2017-5-1
Use props
Skylark Aerial
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for that input. The weird thing is that the z-axis works fine with other peoples Osmo & camera. It's only mine that has the problem.
2017-5-2
Use props
RJ934
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1200377 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm having the same exact problem with my X5 camera using the Z-Axis for OSMO PRO/RAW. If I just hook up the Z-Axis to the OSMO handle I get no power to the camera. If I hook up the X5 adapter to the handle everything works correctly. If I hook up the Z-Axis to the X5 adapter everything works but there is no video. If I shoot pictures or video it records fine but I have no video download to my mobile device. I can review the pictures/video on the mobile device I just don's have a live feed.
2017-5-2
Use props
Skylark Aerial
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RJ934 Posted at 2017-5-2 09:12
I'm having the same exact problem with my X5 camera using the Z-Axis for OSMO PRO/RAW. If I just hook up the Z-Axis to the OSMO handle I get no power to the camera. If I hook up the X5 adapter to the handle everything works correctly. If I hook up the Z-Axis to the X5 adapter everything works but there is no video. If I shoot pictures or video it records fine but I have no video download to my mobile device. I can review the pictures/video on the mobile device I just don's have a live feed.

You've solved my problem! I'd entirely forgotten I had the X5 adapter on the Osmo. Once I removed it, the Z-axis worked fine. Sounds like you have an additional problem. Hope you manage to sort it out.
2017-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules