DJI Inspire 2 Paragliding Session
799 7 2017-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ImProVisionAeri
lvl.2
  • >>>
Jersey

In loving memory of Stuart Somerville, a truly insperational & wonderful man.
This flight was shot in Jersey where he spent his summer months & was shot in view of putting a memorial viedo together for those who loved & knew him.
Thank you to to all the boys in the video for inviting & trusting me to be a part of this project.
Given that Stuart was a Scotsman, ive chosen a track by Biffy Clyro!
If your listening & watching up there Stuart, I hope you like this & if you do, I hope you say Cool Banana's
Love to the Somerville family & we hope to have more for you again soon.
Jackson

Technical Notes:-

Really enjoyed using the Inspire 2 for this shoot with way you can glide around gracefully with the gliders.
The adittional weight of the I2 really allows you to flow in the turns etc.

Another feature I really liked was the abitlity to point the camera up to a certain degree to capture shots of the guys from below.

With it being quite a bit bigger than the Phantoms, this was also good as it made it easy for the guys in the air & the spotters on the ground to see it.
I need to do my homework on the X5S settings though as I feel the exposeure wasnt quite right

Also Very disapointed about the poor quality of the upload on Youtube! If anyone can offer any advice on that, it would be much appreciated.

2017-5-1
Use props
AmateurTom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2333 ft
United States

Excellent composition man!  Was this done with a single pilot / videographer or with dual controls ?  Some of those clips were incredibly close !
2017-5-1
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very cool video !! Thanks for sharing.   It takes awhile to learn the best camera settings and you may need to use a ND filter depending on the light.  

Looked like you got pretty close to one of the guys,  but I am sure you were communicating all the time while you were up there.

How windy was it?

Rich
2017-5-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Awesome job! Thank you for sharing.
2017-5-1
Use props
imagine it
lvl.3
United States

Really a great video and I'm sure a great tribute. You captured the essence of hang gliding much better than could ever be done from the ground. I did a bit many years ago around Jade Beach in CA. Thanks for a great share.
2017-5-2
Use props
pritchiedotcom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

Very cool stuff
2017-5-2
Use props
Techbrute
lvl.1
Flight distance : 180144 ft