DJI sticker on top of GPS
2083 28 2017-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UKIEMAN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21552 ft
Canada

I found some info that sticker on top of Phantom 4 Pro has metalic bottom and if it removed Sattelite signal will be better ..
I need clear response from DJI .. If I remove that sticker/logo , Is it going to improve Satellite signal or not ??
2017-5-1
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your thought is, maybe DJI produced all these stickers and put them on the Phantom 4 Pro, but then found out after the fact they actually cause GPS interference.  Instead of telling everyone to remove the sticker, they are covering it up?  They'd rather have the Phantoms drop GPS, annoy everyone, endanger drones and people, rather than to put out an email that just says "remove this sticker"?  

Makes sense to me.  Remove the sticker!!!!
2017-5-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Are you having problems getting GPS satellites?
2017-5-1
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Mine doesn't have any tin foil cap on it. Maybe I should complain...
2017-5-1
Use props
UKIEMAN
lvl.2
Canada

Labroides Posted at 2017-5-1 06:46
Are you having problems getting GPS satellites?

It is not Stable .. It jumps from 8-17 satellites .. When my friend removed That sticker signal gets better in same location 20-21
IMG_0278.JPG
2017-5-1
Use props
Bullflyer
lvl.4

Spain

Put the sticker on the toaster !!!   You will get better GPS reception and more flight time
2017-5-1
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

UKIEMAN Posted at 2017-5-1 07:01
It is not Stable .. It jumps from 8-17 satellites .. When my friend removed That sticker signal gets better in same location 20-21

That's very interesting. Is it consistently better since removing the sticker?
2017-5-1
Use props
UKIEMAN
lvl.2
Canada

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2017-5-1 09:57
That's very interesting. Is it consistently better since removing the sticker?

My P4P usually has unstable  8-17 satellite and on my first test after removing a sticker it went to the 20-21 satellites on the same location and hight .. . That sticker Changes the antenna pattern of GPS
I will not do more tests because I am not shure  why they put that Metalic sticker
, I want to get response from DJI engineer about that and  will see
2017-5-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

UKIEMAN Posted at 2017-5-1 07:01

I generally get about 10-12 on the ground, then up to 17 or 18 when the Phantom gains a bit of altitude and has better view of the satellites. The sticker will likely have no affect on the reception.
2017-5-1
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

UKIEMAN Posted at 2017-5-1 10:21
My P4P usually has unstable  8-17 satellite and on my first test after removing a sticker it went to the 20-21 satellites on the same location and hight .. . That sticker Changes the antenna pattern of GPS
I will not do more tests because I am not shure  why they put that Metalic sticker
, I want to get response from DJI engineer about that and  will see

You may want to look inside of the drone itself!  There are many other metallic things in there that may also be causing interference!
2017-5-1
Use props
GoodmanRP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4344974 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Interesting insights! The sticker, despite its small size, is large enough for the GPS antenna itself. My PH3 logs HP 2 times faster than PH4 Why ???
2017-5-1
Use props
UKIEMAN
lvl.2
Canada

DJI SUPPORT , can you answer my question ??
2017-5-2
Use props
Luke Skyflyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1004085 ft
  • >>>
United States

2019-4-22
Use props
Luke Skyflyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1004085 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey UKIEMAN, how did you remove the sticker/logo? I'm having a hard time trying to get it off.
2019-4-22
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

method007 Posted at 2017-5-1 06:44
Your thought is, maybe DJI produced all these stickers and put them on the Phantom 4 Pro, but then found out after the fact they actually cause GPS interference.  Instead of telling everyone to remove the sticker, they are covering it up?  They'd rather have the Phantoms drop GPS, annoy everyone, endanger drones and people, rather than to put out an email that just says "remove this sticker"?  

Makes sense to me.  Remove the sticker!!!!

This.

I heard also that the lights on the undersides of the arms cause GPS interference. You should probably remove those too.
2019-4-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Luke Skyflyer Posted at 4-22 14:52
Hey UKIEMAN, how did you remove the sticker/logo? I'm having a hard time trying to get it off.

Leave it on, no reason to take it off...... if your bird says its ready to fly, green across the top, then theres nowt wrong with it
2019-4-22
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

I am inclined to leave the sticker on.  DJI may not the worlds best communicators,  but I don't think they are silly !
Having said that,  it would be very nice to hear something conclusive from DJI Techs.  If their response is in line with a few other queries that have been logged on the forum - don't hold you breath waiting !

2019-4-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

I found some info that sticker on top of Phantom 4 Pro has metalic bottom.
Nice rumour .. but it's completely wrong.
The sticker is not metallic.
2019-4-24
Use props
Edward J Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1852408 ft
  • >>>
United States

WOW so much sarcasm………...
2019-4-24
Use props
UKIEMAN
lvl.2
Canada

Luke Skyflyer Posted at 4-22 14:52

With a flat screwdriver or something smaller , just carefully pick it up so there’s  no scratch left
2019-5-11
Use props
UKIEMAN
lvl.2
Canada

Labroides Posted at 4-24 02:43
I found some info that sticker on top of Phantom 4 Pro has metalic bottom.
Nice rumour .. but it's completely wrong.
The sticker is not metallic.

Yeah, you probably doesn't even know what you are talking about
2019-5-11
Use props
UKIEMAN
lvl.2
Canada

and for those who post spams about it.. I have tried and for me it works better without sticker and its a DJI fault
2019-5-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

UKIEMAN Posted at 5-11 06:18
Yeah, you probably doesn't even know what you are talking about

Yeah genius ... your GPS antenna works just fine under a 3mm polystyrene shell (and will work just fine under an inch of fibreglass too) but adding o.1mm of plastic sticker is a problem.
And the problem only affects you.
Unless your sticker was metallic, it had no effect at all - and DJI don't put metallic stickers on top of the GPS antenna.
2019-5-11
Use props
UKIEMAN
lvl.2
Canada

Labroides Posted at 5-11 16:19
Yeah genius ... your GPS antenna works just fine under a 3mm polystyrene shell (and will work just fine under an inch of fibreglass too) but adding o.1mm of plastic sticker is a problem.
And the problem only affects you.
Unless your sticker was metallic, it had no effect at all - and DJI don't put metallic stickers on top of the GPS antenna.

Just go away from here
2019-5-11
Use props
UKIEMAN
lvl.2
Canada

Unless your sticker was metallic, it had no effect at all - and DJI don't put metallic stickers on top of the GPS antenna.

Just go away from here
2019-5-11
Use props
UKIEMAN
lvl.2
Canada

Just go away from here
2019-5-11
Use props
UKIEMAN
lvl.2
Canada

Just go away from here
2019-5-11
Use props
UKIEMAN
lvl.2
Canada

Just go away from here ,  nothing to say about your smarty thoughts
2019-5-11
Use props
UKIEMAN
lvl.2
Canada

Just go away from here ,  nothing to say about your smarty thoughts
2019-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules