Way to secure the battery and arms mid flight
467 2 2017-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lok Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1486660 ft
United Kingdom

I noticed so many cases of Mavic power loses are attributed to loose battery. I am wondering if there is any products available to secure the battery and arms so that they wont move during extreme manouvre mid air, something that worked with clip on without blocking the sensors. Something like this.

Idea

Idea
2017-5-1
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

As long as you double check that the battery is firmly secured before each flight you won't need to put a diaper on the MP.   

2017-5-1
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I am wondering if there is any products available to secure the battery and arms so that they wont move during extreme manouvre mid air

I'm not aware of any, but frankly I wouldn't recommend them if they did exist. For the battery you should just make sure you hear the "click" when you insert it and visually inspect it to make sure that it's fully seated.

And as far as the arms are concerned, here again your best bet is to carefully unfold them and inspect them before flight. The only way I'd expect one of them to get folded in mid-flight is if you collide with something, but if that happens you're likely to lose one or more propellers anyway and it probably won't matter whether the arms remain outstretched.
2017-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules