6020 8 2017-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc1027ed0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 443 ft
Brazil

Hi everyone!

I bought my MAVIC PRO 20 days ago! I´ve updated firmware, calibrated IMU, dance to calibrate the compass, 4 or 5 times, check all stuffs and got flight.
So, my compass still remaining warning Magnetic Interference...the relevant information it was at the same place that I flew with my P3P and Inspire PRO with a Compass Calibrated.
I just had check out again the compass situation and I have COMPASS 1 - normally ....COMPASS 2 - Magnetic Interference. Could you please guys advise or give me any suggestions what I need to do to fix the problem?

Current Situation:

Compass 1 (in use) - Green -274
Compass 2 - Red - 635

About

APP - 4.0.7
Version - 01-03-0600
Remote Controller 01-03-0600
Aircraft Database - 0.0.1.4
APP Database - 00.00.01.04

Thanks

Marcelo

2017-5-2
Use props
Jessemax1
New
United States

I just received a replacement Mavic from DJI and I'm getting the same error over and over again in  a wide open field.
2017-5-3
Use props
Jessemax1
New
United States

I just received a replacement Mavic from DJI and I'm getting the same error over and over again in  a wide open field.
2017-5-3
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

I only had this problem one day long. Before every flight it prompted me to re-calibrate my compass. Had this on different places, mostly wide field, no metal or magnetic stuff. The problem has gone by it self. Maybe it was caused by strong sun-winds?
2017-5-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

First of all you didn't need to calibrate compass or IMU , if you had read the Manual first page 52, it clearly tells you NOT to calibrate unless prompted to do so.

It is most likely you have set a bad compass, so you will need to go to a safe place and try to do it properly, I have included below some precautions you should take and the reasons why compass can take on bad values.

Use this as a guide when calibrating compass, but as I said no need unless you are prompted

Many things can distort the earth’s magnetic field in the area you are flying:

Steel framed or reinforced concrete buildings, bridges and roadways, iron pipes and culverts, high power electric lines, heavy equipment, trucks and automobiles, steel tanks, electric motors and even computers.
Flying between steel framed or reinforced high rise buildings will distort the magnetic field in addition to causing GPS multi-pathing.
Safe distances for compass calibration

6” (15 cm) minimum: Metal rim glasses, pen/pencil, metal watch band, pocket knife, metal zipper/buttons, belt buckle, batteries, binoculars, cell phone, keys, camera, camcorder, survey nails, metal tape measure.
18” (50 cm) minimum: Clipboard, data collector, computer, GPS antenna, 2-way radio, hand gun, hatchet, cell phone case with magnetic closure.
6 ft (2 m) minimum: Bicycle, fire hydrant, road signs, sewer cap or drain, steel pole, ATV, guy wire, magnets, chain-link fence, bar-wire fence, data collectors

that use a magnet to hold the stylus.
15 ft (5 m) minimum: Electrical box, small car/truck, powerline, building with concrete & steel.
30 ft (10 m) minimum: Large truck, metal building, heavy machinery.
2017-5-4
Use props
fans7994c837
New

Brazil

Hi! Have the problem also!

Any help???
IMG_6288.PNG
2017-6-29
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Your compass2 value is very high, i have heard of this sometimes when the camera is pointing directly down, is this the case when you see these high values? do they ever decrease?
2017-6-29
Use props
Kevin36
lvl.2
Flight distance : 356476 ft
South Africa

Danny-B- Posted at 2017-6-29 15:04
Your compass2 value is very high, i have heard of this sometimes when the camera is pointing directly down, is this the case when you see these high values? do they ever decrease?

I suppose you mean Compass 2's values are very high? The camera is pointing horizontal as can be seen in his screenshot.

Mine does the same thing
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=144436&utm_source=djiforum&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=emailnote&pbc=dapforum&page=1#pid1310958
2018-4-17
Use props
Torben b
New
United States

I had the same problem no matter where I went and finally removed my wallet that has a magnetic clasp and now I'm flying
2018-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules