Forum Improvement Requests
32215 264 2015-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-5-6 16:23
Locations are a good idea, if you are trying to help someone its handy to know where they are in the ...

Good idea as an option
2015-5-6
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

Suggestion (if not already made) - a button to bring a message to the attention of DJI because that message reveals a significant bug or other important product issue.  To be successfully implemented it would show an acknowledgement once read by a suitable DJI employee.

Meanwhile see this thread on the topic of why some Inspires may be shutting down and falling from the sky:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2015-5-6
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

A sticky of of reported 'issues' with noted, under investigation etc comments from DJI would be extremely helpful.
2015-5-6
Use props
JKT
lvl.4

United States

There no option on posting a new Thread on MINI IPAD OR IPHONE  some of the taps are white and they can't be seen on the white background. Its very annoying to not be able to share with other when I am on my iPad. Can some one in charge of the Forum please fix this issue?
2015-5-6
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

JKT Posted at 2015-5-7 00:17
There no option on posting a new Thread on MINI IPAD OR IPHONE  some of the taps are white and they  ...

I concur with JKT, it's horrible trying to use this new format on my iPad Mini.

Jerry
2015-5-6
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-5-7 04:27

Jerry

Likewise, I also agree its difficult and horrible to try and use the forum via the iPads.
2015-5-6
Use props
JKT
lvl.4

United States

if i ever want to share i have to wait till i get home and use my coputer and i hate carrying my labtop with me. I usually work from 3-12 pm that means no posting anything till the next day.....
2015-5-6
Use props
DJI-CS
lvl.4

Hong Kong

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-5-7 04:27

Jerry

Working on this NOW!!! PROBLEM WILL BE FIXED ASAP.
2015-5-6
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-6 21:32
Suggestion (if not already made) - a button to bring a message to the attention of DJI because that  ...

I and Ed and Ken and some other colleagues monitor the forums, I spend most of my time on DJI forum, we will try our best to cover every post. But sometimes it would be a little hard especially when a new product released, but we are trying.
I like you idea, and talked to developer just now about how to achieve it but end in nothing. We can connect a "report" button to my email (or a certain email address). But the potential problem is dealing with too many emails might be a waste of time... We'll think it over again.
I am reading that post.

2015-5-6
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
lvl.4
United States

DJI-CS Posted at 2015-5-7 10:41
Working on this NOW!!! PROBLEM WILL BE FIXED ASAP.

Sir,

The threads are really getting messed up by not bringing to most recent replies back to the top of the opening page. Is this going to be corrected?

Why are you embedding the video links now? I would think this would severely degrade your servers. Is this going to stay or will this be corrected as well?

Some of us are having a great deal of difficulty attaching pictures since the new forum was introduced. Is anyone addressing this issue?

Respectfully,

Jerry
2015-5-6
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-7 11:18
I and Ed and Ken and some other colleagues monitor the forums, I spend most of my time on DJI forum ...

We can all see how hard you are trying and appreciate your involvement in the forum.  All these suggestions, even the criticisms, are intended to be supportive - I think that comes through but thought I should say it as well.
2015-5-6
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-7 11:31
We can all see how hard you are trying and appreciate your involvement in the forum.  All these su ...

Thanks for the supportive suggestions.   It means a lot to us.
2015-5-6
Use props
DJI-CS
lvl.4

Hong Kong

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-5-7 11:25
Sir,

The threads are really getting messed up by not bringing to most recent replies back to the  ...

Hi, JtrJr-Droner.

We changed rules of ranking because lots of people suggested us to do so, it seems that this improvement causes inconvenience, so we will change it back, and give them an option if other people want to ranking in other way.

What do you mean by "embedding"? We add a function that video link(youtube&vimeo) can be identified and embedded in  thread.

We will make attaching picture easier ASAP.

Cheers,
CS

2015-5-6
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

What used to be a tidy link to a video via the add link option has now been replaced and we are seeing the video clip embedded into the post. Which can massively extend the length of scrolling through to get to the text.
Screen shot example:
2015-5-6
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hello DJi-Autumn,

Thank you for maintaining a challenging Forum. May i suggest:

*** A Sticky Forum Post where customers can ask specific questions directly from DJI Staff??

regards
Arun Mehta
2015-5-7
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
lvl.4
United States

DJI-CS Posted at 2015-5-7 12:10
Hi, JtrJr-Droner.

We changed rules of ranking because lots of people suggested us to do so, it se ...

CS,

Thank you very much for your prompt attention to theses issues. I am glad you guys are going to correct many of them! I am going to provide a link to a thread that I started. Before the changes, it was a very clean list of links and others were including links to some of their videos. Now it's a huge mess of embedded video preview shots, not the list that was intended. I very much appreciate your attention to these matters. Here's the link:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=12994

Thank you,

Jerry
2015-5-7
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
lvl.4
United States

Hi, JtrJr-Droner.

We changed rules of ranking because lots of people suggested us to do so, it se ...

Jewel (CS),

I really do appreciate that you are looking into these issues. (BTW, I tried to give you credit for your attention to these things and Gerry responded by saying that you are a "jewel". So unless it offends you, I'm going to start calling you Jewel not DJI-CS. Is that okay with you?)

Jerry
2015-5-7
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-5-7 22:12
Jewel (CS),

I really do appreciate that you are looking into these issues. (BTW, I tried to give  ...

There are a couple of Jewels working there.
2015-5-7
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
lvl.4
United States

Hi, JtrJr-Droner.

Jewel,

Thanks for the new button for "last reply" and "last post". Perfect! Thank you or whoever got it done!

Jerry
2015-5-7
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Italy

I alerted admin via email about the style sheet (css) being mobile device unfriendly. as you can see by the picture the header background doesnt quite stretch and impossible to see the PM(not that it works) and the remind and logout.

Also i still have an error reminder since April when dji decided to delte posts, someone screwed up and i have an admin reminder and im not even admin

PS any chance you could use seperate Database's for each forum as when i search on Inspire 1 forum it also lists answers from Phantom and vice versa.
IMG_0443.jpg
2015-5-7
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

Autumn, could you confer with your partners of the website to take out the embedded videos and just allow the links to the videos?  Some of these I cannot view and they take up so much space on the thread.  The ones not allowing to see might be big files, or something else.  I can always copy/paste the link in the address bar and see them that way.
2015-5-7
Use props
keithh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22395 ft
United States

Maybe some kind of notification that someone responded to your post.

keith
2015-5-7
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

keithh Posted at 2015-5-8 02:39
Maybe some kind of notification that someone responded to your post.

keith

If they respond directly to your post, you will see a number in the REMIND at the top right of the page.  Just click on that and you will see the thread and who responded and click on view to read it.
2015-5-7
Use props
keithh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22395 ft
United States

thanks, didn't know.
2015-5-7
Use props
jake1164
lvl.2

United States

I have to say Kudos for your work on the forum thus far, I am quite impressed with the progress made in the last week with minimal disruption to the forum!

I think a preview or the ability to switch between markup and display in the post window would be a nice addition.
2015-5-7
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Autumn, Ed, etc.

Thanks for trying to improve the forum it is appreciated.

Could I ask that you have a look at the Avatars on respective pages some including my own are now flickering and it is really annoying.  

I am also a little concerned for anyone with photosensitive epilepsy.  I think you should  perhaps see whats causing this.

2015-5-7
Use props
Bill Davis
New

United States

How come the support link does not work on the fourm?
2015-5-7
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

GB44 Posted at 2015-5-8 04:38
Autumn, Ed, etc.

Thanks for trying to improve the forum it is appreciated.

Which browser you use?
2015-5-7
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-5-8 02:29
Autumn, could you confer with your partners of the website to take out the embedded videos and just  ...

We will see what we can do. Did you find that the Last-Reply sort order appear?
2015-5-7
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-8 09:55
We will see what we can do. Did you find that the Last-Reply sort order appear?

Yes I did,  Thank you so much, you're a jewel and I think YOU should be in charge there.  I can also see the videos now too.  
2015-5-7
Use props
pooljunki
lvl.2
Flight distance : 641148 ft
United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-7 11:18
I and Ed and Ken and some other colleagues monitor the forums, I spend most of my time on DJI forum ...

how about getting them to spend more time on the DJI forum instead of the RC groups. no offense but it just seems like ed is there all of the time answering questions and its hard to find answers to specific questions over there as its 600+ pages long
2015-5-7
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

pooljunki Posted at 2015-5-8 15:41
how about getting them to spend more time on the DJI forum instead of the RC groups. no offense bu ...

True but we have DJI- Autumn and I have never seen such effort put into the forum by anyone other.

The transformation in support and feedback we are now receiving by this person in my opinion is outstanding and a credit to DJI who I hope appreciate this as much as we do.

2015-5-8
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Italy

Rockeyes Posted at 2015-5-8 17:00
True but we have DJI- Autumn and I have never seen such effort put into the forum by anyone other.  ...

True dat
2015-5-8
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Autumn,

I am using Apple Safari.

Also please pass on my gratitude and thanks to the DJI guys/girls for listening to forum members requesting DJI to provide the number of satellites captured on the App.  This is a very reassuring function in the new App update when wanting the assurance to know exactly how many satellites have been secured for a safe GPS flight.  
2015-5-8
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

Some forums have a feature that allows you to hover the mouse over a thread and  view Partial/Full conversation within Without having to go into the tread to check and then out.
2015-5-8
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

pooljunki Posted at 2015-5-8 15:41
how about getting them to spend more time on the DJI forum instead of the RC groups. no offense bu ...

Looks like you have not spent much time on the P3 threads.  I am there a lot.  I just hired another support person for this forum solely.  He will be starting as soon as all the paperwork is completed.  I am looking of one more person.  Anybody want to send me a resume and why I should offer you a position?  edward.windham@dji.com.  We have also posted on DJI.com.
2015-5-8
Use props
spencerpearse
lvl.2

United Kingdom

How about a "Back to Top" of page button/hyperlink after each post?
Edit:  Oh, and the page numbers at the top of the page as well as at the bottom perhaps.
2015-5-8
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

spencerpearse@b Posted at 2015-5-9 03:11
How about a "Back to Top" of page button/hyperlink after each post?
Edit:  Oh, and the page numbers  ...

I agree that the posts should be sequential and that we should have page numbers at the top and the bottom of the page.  The upgrade of the site is not completed yet.  Hopefully some of these can be incorporated in the final site.
2015-5-8
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
lvl.4
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-9 03:06
Looks like you have not spent much time on the P3 threads.  I am there a lot.  I just hired anothe ...

Mr. Ed,

I highly recommend and nominate Gerry for that position.

Jerry
2015-5-8
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-5-9 05:33
Mr. Ed,

I highly recommend and nominate Gerry for that position.

He can submit a resume.  But he will need more experience than Gertrude and Heathcliff.    We support many DJI products from the Ronin to the S1000 and gimbals.  I do appreciate what Gerry does in support of our users and have sent him my thanks and a few DJI dollars.  
2015-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules