1234567Next >
32277 264 2015-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Hey guys,

Here I'm planing on gathering your ideas about the forum improvement, documenting them then report to admin and developers.
Hope you guys could help to post your suggestions below.

I.e.
1. Fix the PM function.
2. Disclose the home location.
3. ......

Looking forward to your comments and opinions :-)

Autumn
2015-3-5
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Thank you for asking...
Can you please add a pg. number tab at the top and bottom of the thread as I asked in an earlier post to navigate easier between pages while in a thread instead of having to go back to the main menus
2015-3-5
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

I like those ideas and the page number would be a great help.
2015-3-5
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

3. Page number tab.
2015-3-5
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Please see here as example...
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... e%3D1&lang=en..
2015-3-5
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

How about an additional clock that is on some form of North American Time...
I know I did not send my last response at 14:50 my time!
Btw..what day is it where you are at?
2015-3-5
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Guy Posted at 2015-3-6 15:09
Also it would be handy to know who is logged in.

Regards

I know you are logged in!
2015-3-5
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

1. Fix the PM function.
2. Disclose the home location.
3. Page number tab.
4. Favorite thread & notification about the follow-up
5. Display date&time according local time zone.
6. Online status.

I'd like to add one more point:
7. Cancel the automatically hide function.
2015-3-5
Use props
busclas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 609012 ft
United States

Not sure what you mean by fix the PM function, but when I hear fix the PM function to me that means being able to send someone a direct "Private Message".  Is that what you mean?  That would be a nice feature to have even if it is limited to older members based on your points system in some way.  Also being able to add permanent signatures that are automatically posted below any post you make.
2015-3-5
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Suggestion 1.

When you first go to the  main forum page it lists all the threads in date- time order.

It also flags threads that have new posts that you have not seen yet. But once you open the first new post in a thread and return to the main page all the new post flags have been lost. At least this is what happens with Current Version Safari. Please fix.

Suggestion 2

Allocate some of the longer serving members with Moderator abilities that allows them to merge threads. Many similar threads and post exist and wander off into different  directions and and the same answers need to be given over and over.

Suggestion 3

Have a beginners FAQ section and give the control of this over to someone like Gerry who helps all the beginners constantly and has to give the same answers over and over.

Cheers

2015-3-6
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Hi Autumn

When you click on support or opposition, it will move the posts out of sequence and makes a confusing page.  You could get an answer before the question.  Please prevent the moving of the post when clicking on support or opposition.
2015-3-6
Use props
ChristoHD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21818 ft
United States

When quoting a previous post, allow the poster to choose all or some of the text of the post being quoted. Currently when quoting & posting, it cuts most of the quoted post off. In other words, allow the user to see and access the quoted text they are including in their post. Also would be nice to allow multiple quotes from multiple posts in a thread.

Seems like a lot of these requests could be answered with better forum software that is readily available....
2015-3-6
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

ok, ill agree with a few above:

1.  BJR's #1 suggestion about " once you open the first new post in a thread and return to the main page all the new post flags have been lost"

2.  gerry's suggestion about the support/opposition.  let support/opposition keep track of numbering (so we can see who likes or dislikes a post) but DONT let it MOVE the item up or down in the thread.  that causes disconituity.

And I'll add that the little 'window' that pops up in the corner (see pic below).  when i navigate through the forums (like clicking on the 'new' item on the main board, etc), this little box keeps taking the focus back to the top of the page and i have to scroll down.  it shouldnt constantly want to take the focus back to the top.  it even happens sometimes (not always) even after i click the little X on it to close it:

lastly, ill say that with as much time as i spend here, i TRULY appreciate your time and interest in improving functionality here.  that goes a long way in my book towards your service effectiveness.
2015-3-6
Use props
MAD In NC
lvl.2

United States

If each post was given a #, references can be made easier - no matter where they move.

many of these architectural recommendations are driven by the platform used to host the forum   The best structure I see for forum use is based on vBulletin® Version 4.2.2    I sure everybody else has their own favorites but like opinions and a__holes, everybody has one

examples;  http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/    or   http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/forum.php

2015-3-6
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

A mod of the search function.

Instead of just having one text field to enter a  search phrase, rather use drop down lists for example to filter threads by chosing phantom version, category, date, headings as well as filtering words from the text of the posts.

Many just give up cause they can't find the threads already dealing with their issue.
2015-3-6
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

markus2015 Posted at 2015-3-7 01:55
A mod of the search function.

Instead of just having one text field to enter a  search phrase, rath ...

i like your idea.  even better is to also allow the posters to add 'tags' to their post.  this way you could search tags (like VRS, Landing, Compass, IMU, etc) and be able to crowd source your search function which would make it much easier for new users to find relevant topics without posting repeated questions (which happens a lot here, not complaining as i know why they cant find it but this would make a huge difference imho).
2015-3-6
Use props
UAVForum.UK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Add a button to take you to the bottom of each thread so you don't have to keep scrolling through some very long threads
2015-3-6
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

When entering  a new thread, there is a dropdown box to select general categories: this is fairly useless as it is too general IE: discussion- question- etc.  If a list was expanded to say- question- then subdivided into topics such as compass, calibration, start up procedure , and all of the other regular topics, then use this a s a search feature so anyone wanting to know about- camera settings could search just those topics.
Cheers!
Rod and the Cheshire cat.   
2015-3-6
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Guy Posted at 2015-3-7 09:24
Yes I agree, Batteries for example.

Regards

WHAT?  No poem category?  What kind of shady operation is being run here?
2015-3-6
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-7 09:27

Fee Fi Fo Fum, I smell improvements to the forum...

And btw, most all suggestions would be great!
2015-3-6
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Guy Posted at 2015-3-7 09:42
yes then the poetically impaired can boycott the category and we can have fun!!

Win Win!!!

I'll be back when that happens!
2015-3-6
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Can you please add to the sticky's to check here or something when new versions of Manuals etc. are available
2015-3-6
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Can you please modify Sticky thread for Newbie to immediately include a series of resource links back to the support page etc, which clearly indicate:
Latest Manual Updates founded here:
Latest Firmware updates found here:
Learn to use the search function found here:
etc.
It appears that many can navigate to the support page to find the updates but have never even read the manual and maybe a link to it might be helpful.
2015-3-6
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

using user specified tags instead of a drop down category would be more flexible and offer a better degree of back end search robustness.
2015-3-6
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

Hey Gerry! a seriously big yes!  an off topic section where we can just banter away and those wanting strict phantom topics never have to visit !  yeeeeeaaaahhhh

Cheers!
Rod and the cheshire cat
2015-3-6
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

rod Posted at 2015-3-7 10:55
Hey Gerry! a seriously big yes!  an off topic section where we can just banter away and those want ...

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
They won't even have to give us points either
win/win
2015-3-6
Use props
bahamasboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

In addition to all the suggestions above,  my biggest issue is the time it takes to load a thread after clicking on it!  I'm on a very fast machine with HIGH internet speeds.  If it could be tweaked to load faster I'd be a happy pilot!
2015-3-7
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

bahamasboy@aol. Posted at 2015-3-8 01:45
In addition to all the suggestions above,  my biggest issue is the time it takes to load a thread af ...

loads blisteringly fast for me
2015-3-7
Use props
SavannahQuad
lvl.2

United States

Do not make "support" bump posts, just give it a thumbs up with a number.
2015-3-7
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-6 17:44
Hi Autumn

When you click on support or opposition, it will move the posts out of sequence and makes ...

It has been optimized now.
2015-3-9
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-3-10 15:42
It has been optimized now.

Thank you dear
2015-3-9
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Mmmmm, poem category is a good advice. I'll take it into consideration.
2015-3-10
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-7 10:22
Can you please modify Sticky thread for Newbie to immediately include a series of resource links bac ...

Good idea.
2015-3-10
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-3-10 17:26
Mmmmm, poem category is a good advice. I'll take it into consideration.

Can you put in a sticky for the "Dead Poets Society?"
2015-3-10
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

I would like to be able to attach a photo to a "NEW THREAD"  " New POST"when I post. Now when I start a new thread it doesn't show where I can attach a photo or video. I always have to answer someone's else's thread to post a photo.
2015-3-10
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Better page navigation as said before I think.

A link at the bottom of the pages to get back to the topics page so you don't have to scroll to the top. (hitting back does not do it on multiple page threads)

I'll keep thinking...
2015-3-10
Use props
rdc44444
lvl.4

United States

How about the ability to ask polling questions with different answers to choose from that keeps a running total of the results?
2015-3-11
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-10 20:10
Can you put in a sticky for the "Dead Poets Society?"

Not dead, just sleeping!

{:3_55:}
2015-3-11
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

rod Posted at 2015-3-12 04:04
Not dead, just sleeping!

I'll go with the "sleeping poets society".
2015-3-11
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

Autumn-
keep these ideas thread where all can view it,
make it a sticky, that should do it!

{:2_31:}
2015-3-11
Use props