Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Waiting over 3 months for repair
1190 9 2017-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse60fa0d7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276844 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have now been waiting for over 3 months for my Phantom 3 repair. It fell out of the sky during first flight after firmware upgrade.
DJI have given several contradictory reports but STILL refuse to repair under warranty.

DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY TO FIX YOUR DRONE!!!

@DJISupport  3 Months still waiting for my warranty repair after a firmware failure. CASE:   CAS-476991-W2K7D3   if someone from DJI is willing to help. I have had several chat people saying they will get back to me but nobody ever does.

Australian Department of Fair Trading are currently investigating this matter as I can't get any sense from DJI.
2017-5-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about  your crash.
We escalated your case, we keep following up it after you contacted us to report the issue.
As explained by e-mails, the drone was crashed by pilot error rather than product malfunction.
Please check the data analysis result:
1. GPS signal was fine and the drone worked at GPS mode.
2. t=366.2s h=19.9m the drone crashed.
Before crash, pilot pulled down the Throttle and the Elevator, moved Aileron rightwards, the drone crashed when it was flying to down, rear, right.
Here are the screenshots for your reference: 1.png
2.png
We can clearly see the electricity cables. The drone was flying backwards fast and hit the cables, which caused the drone's battery to fall off. With the sudden cut off of power, the drone's accelemeter didn't register the impact.
3.png

2017-5-3
Use props
fanse60fa0d7
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Dear DJI Natalia,
Look more closely at your records and you will see I have sent proof that I was flying straight, not moving Aileron rightwards as you suggested.
You should also compare my height from the take off point, which was on a high hill. The photo you show is in a valley, at least 150ft below the drone's height. The wires are way below, in the valley.

If you look at my take off point, it is at 43m. Then you say I hit the wires at 19m ABOVE my takeoff height. However, the crash point is 26m BELOW my takeoff point. Therefore the power lines along the street would have to be 45 metres high. Looking at your own picture, you can easily see they are not 45m high.

Can you please explain this discrepancy?
Phantom Flight Crash.JPG
2017-5-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fanse60fa0d7 Posted at 2017-5-3 01:46
Dear DJI Natalia,
Look more closely at your records and you will see I have sent proof that I was flying straight, not moving Aileron rightwards as you suggested.
You should also compare my height from the take off point, which was on a high hill. The photo you show is in a valley, at least 150ft below the drone's height. The wires are way below, in the valley.

Since you were recording at that moment, would you please upload the video to Dropbox and post the link here so we can make it clear? thanks.
2017-5-3
Use props
fanse60fa0d7
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Here is a short video of the crash. You can see the drone do a small wobble before it drops. You can also see I am quite high above the town and the fall takes about 4 seconds before it hits the ground. There are no wires or any objects to be seen in the video.

Crash Video
2017-5-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fanse60fa0d7 Posted at 2017-5-3 03:25
Here is a short video of the crash. You can see the drone do a small wobble before it drops. You can also see I am quite high above the town and the fall takes about 4 seconds before it hits the ground. There are no wires or any objects to be seen in the video.

Crash Video

Just to verify, this video is the original footage from SD card or a cached one from your mobile device? Thank you.
2017-5-3
Use props
fanse60fa0d7
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

This is the video from the SD card in the Phantom camera. I had to use a repair program to recover the video because the recording ended abruptly.
The video from the tablet froze at the moment the Phantom fell.
2017-5-3
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-5-3
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

ouch ouch ouch on so many levels.. i guess u got a really upset user? Sorry to see this happen....
2017-5-5
Use props
fanse60fa0d7
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Ouch is right!!  Now that I've been unbanned for apparently talking too much , I'm hoping to get my damaged Phantom 3 Advanced back. Once I pointed out that their own documents (See Above) show me hitting an apparent street power line at a calculated 45 metres of height (that's roughly 150 feet), DJI have now changed their excuse once again (I think we are onto excuse 4 or 5 now). DJI have now declared that they cannot repair my Phantom because I cannot find the 4 month old original film of the flight in its completion. I did send them video of the crash at the time but that's no longer good enough. Now I must produce the complete film or they instantly refuse warranty.

I did open a case with the Australian Department of Fair Trading, but DJI and their vendor Rise Above Australia chose not to speak with the Australian Government. So I have asked for my damaged Phantom back, some 4 months later. The next step is a Government Tribunal where DJI will need to prove why they will now honour warranty in this case. Luckily, in my case, I am a Broadcast Engineer for a certain country's National Broadcaster, so I can answer every one of their varying warranty refusals (there are several) with facts and proper analysis. The Tribunal might also be interested in why DJI and their vendors believe that they are above Australian law and have no need to answer any of their questions regarding their warranty responsibilities in this country.

Wish me luck in my ongoing endeavours. If I disappear I may have been banned once again.
Happy Flying!  TuT
2017-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules