DJI Feature requests
1334 3 2014-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scott_barton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 877110 ft
United States

1)  For the return to home, can you change the default return home height from 20m (60') to 33m (100').  60' is not high enough to clear trees or other obstacles.  

2) When setting way points, each successive way point should default to the height of the previous way point.  For example, if you set way point 1 to 120', when you create way point 2, it's default should be 120' not 98'.  If you then change way point 2 to 200', when you create way point 3, it should default to 200', etc.  

3) The radius of the circle you can create way points in should be increased to 2000' or so.

4) Can you show the video record status (recording or not) on the Ground Station map view.  Would significantly reduce the number of times I fly and forget that I'm not recording video when not on the FPV screen.  

5) Ability to stream live video to Ustream.tv.  (ok, that one might be tuff)

-Scott
2014-10-10
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

wow,  less than 4 weeks old and for no reason decided to smash itself into the ground upon a very nice, experienced and well rehearsed landing. Just put my trip to Poland and the filming of the national park in kolorava on a downer.  The boards working fine,  all telemetry is there, just no picture or camera.
Ill probably just strap a decent independent camera to it and collect what shots I can.
The things that was coincidental was a week previous, my gimbal had the twitch that so many complain about, just twitching itself to the left and down as if in spasm. This rectified itself once I got it down and manually checked it, never did it since.
Im not gonna try and do any warranty claims, it is clearly crash damaged, not sure why though - freaky.
I think the gimbals are not happy and are just plain suicidal lol, it one of the biggest letdowns and complaints on this unit.

Im looking at 3rd party gimbals as DJI is just to expensive to replace and despite popular belief, we , the people are not made of money and even those who are don't want to keep shelling out for the same thing.
Ive read a lot about the customer service from DJI, not all good, but there are some recent happy endings and I hope this is a sign of things turning around.
Im not to fussed about voiding my warranty, its not really worth anything to me in reality as the timescales and costs or negotiations of costs are just to much to combat. Theres a lot of people who have bought this top model and have suffered the same fate, forums are full of them begging for help, workarounds and general advice.

My question is this-  whats the chances of getting the signals and pinout diagram for connecting my modification or a less expensive gimbal and camera to the bird.

There are various posts dedicated to cracking the limitations of the vision + and gimbal setup so people can choose to replace their broken parts without the huge costs.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/s ... 213815#post29590999
http://forums.multicopterpilots. ... i-repeater-p2v.html

Theres even an alternative to replacing the gimbal as such with this great idea....
http://dronexpert.nl/product/pre ... i-phantom-2-vision/
Giving people a choice to remove easily, swap etc..
Surprised you didn't buy that company as they got the right idea when it comes to service and this looks to be a fantastic modification for future models.

There are those of us who know that certain modifications are required, the gps fix worked wonders for me, and again this could be incorporated into future designs as it clearly works. I never fly with less than 10 satellite's now, which in turn could prevent those flyaway fears that many have.

So to combat that fear, we fit gps trackers, this to could be incorporated.

Sorry getting carried away,  but the point is , we are your best source of information from the field and product feedback is always a good thing.
2014-10-10
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

Thank you for your suggestions.I will report them to our R&D department and will consider them.
Please pay close attention to our official website.
Have a nice weekend~
2014-10-11
Use props
poudenes
New

Netherlands

Guys there was already a topic about feature request with a list

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &extra=page%3D1
2014-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now