Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Are you serious DJI?
1957 23 2017-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans820cd41e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29222 ft
Canada

The new DJI GO App will NOT download on my iPad 4. I can't use the old app as it forces me into the app store so now I have NO APP and can't use my drone at all until I buy a new iPad. Are you serious? What kind of scam are you running? So you completely destroy functionality of the old app which WORKED PERFECTLY FINE and now I have to go spend at least $500 just to be able to use my drone again? What kind of ingenious decision was this? Absolutely unacceptable to force a customer who already paid FOURTEEN-HUNDRED DOLLARS for your overpriced product to pay an ADDITIONAL $500 just to be able to continue using it for NO PRACTICAL REASON as the old app worked PERFECTLY. Rant over.
2017-5-3
Use props
Crack The Sky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123402 ft
United States

DJI GO 4 downloaded flawlessly to my IPad 4. Works flawlessly, too. Let's think about this; is some setting preventing the download?
2017-5-3
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The platform would not prevent you from downloading something - that's likely to be an issue caused by iOS, which is the same across all recent generations of iPad. The problem is your side, and not DJI's.

I assume we're talking DJI GO 4? If you have the Phantom 4/A/P, then that's the app you need as it supports all of the new flight modes (as relevant). I'd suggest basic trouble-shooting:
Have you uninstalled all instances of GO prior to trying to download? (not that that should make a difference).
Can you download and install any other app from the Apple store?
2017-5-3
Use props
ezDrew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 195151 ft

United States

How would an app just not download?
2017-5-3
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ezDrew Posted at 2017-5-3 18:22
How would an app just not download?

Apple Store account verification issues? That's why I asked if other apps could be downloaded.
2017-5-3
Use props
fans820cd41e
lvl.1
Canada

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-5-3 17:32
The platform would not prevent you from downloading something - that's likely to be an issue caused by iOS, which is the same across all recent generations of iPad. The problem is your side, and not DJI's.

I assume we're talking DJI GO 4? If you have the Phantom 4/A/P, then that's the app you need as it supports all of the new flight modes (as relevant). I'd suggest basic trouble-shooting:

The platform indeed DOES intentionally prevent me from downloading this particular app. Other apps download fine. I've also updated to the newest iOS. Deleting the old software makes no difference. When attempting to download it says "this app is not compatible with your device".

The iPad 4 is not under the compatible devices list.
2017-5-3
Use props
fans820cd41e
lvl.1
Canada

Crack The Sky Posted at 2017-5-3 17:21
DJI GO 4 downloaded flawlessly to my IPad 4. Works flawlessly, too. Let's think about this; is some setting preventing the download?

Is yours an iPad mini 4? It's not the same as an iPad 4
2017-5-3
Use props
ibuyufo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819098 ft
United States

fans820cd41e Posted at 2017-5-3 18:59
Is yours an iPad mini 4? It's not the same as an iPad 4

The iPad mini 4 works.  I use one if that's the case but I'm pretty sure he/she is saying that he/she has an iPad 4.  He/she also mentioned that the iPad 4 is not in the compatible list.
2017-5-3
Use props
JockC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

fans820cd41e Posted at 2017-5-3 18:58
The platform indeed DOES intentionally prevent me from downloading this particular app. Other apps download fine. I've also updated to the newest iOS. Deleting the old software makes no difference. When attempting to download it says "this app is not compatible with your device".

I use an iPad 4 with no issues.  
How can the DJI App stop you from downloading when the App itself isn't even running until it's been downloaded? It's more likely to be an issue with your iPad itself.
Have you tried restoring the iPad?
2017-5-3
Use props
fans820cd41e
lvl.1
Canada

JockC Posted at 2017-5-3 20:14
I use an iPad 4 with no issues.  
How can the DJI App stop you from downloading when the App itself isn't even running until it's been downloaded? It's more likely to be an issue with your iPad itself.
Have you tried restoring the iPad?

The app store doesn't let me download the app. Let me clarify. When I run my original DJI app it won't allow me to fly my drone and instead prompts me to download the new DJI app so it automatically brings me to the app store. Once in the app store it says it is not compatible with my iPad.

Not only that but I also have TWO separate iPad 4's and I have the same issue on both of them.
2017-5-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

iPad 4 is not powerful enough to run DJI GO 4.
To ensure the performance, we do suggest you to use the device in DJI recommended list.
2017-5-4
Use props
Sprtbkrydr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3777011 ft
United States

I've always wondered why you have the Note 3 and Note 4 on the list but not the Note 5? I use a note 5 and it works fine and it's not on the list.
2017-5-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sprtbkrydr Posted at 2017-5-4 04:15
I've always wondered why you have the Note 3 and Note 4 on the list but not the Note 5? I use a note 5 and it works fine and it's not on the list.

DJI's list is very patchy and does not include all suitable devices and has seen very few updates to the original list.
The Nvidia K1 has always been one of the best Android tablets for flying but still isn't on the list.
2017-5-4
Use props
Buffalo Fly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 824419 ft
Australia

I agree, the app won't download on my iPad 4. Surly they MUST fix it??
2017-5-4
Use props
Buffalo Fly
lvl.1
Australia

fans820cd41e Posted at 2017-5-3 18:58

This is happening to me as well just with my iPad 4
2017-5-4
Use props
markdaviesmedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 464961 ft
United States

This is a great resource for checking iPad models and versions:

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/ipad/index-ipad-specs.html

-
2017-5-4
Use props
Buffalo Fly
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-4 03:20
To ensure the performance, we do suggest you to use the device in DJI recommended list.

Well that is just not correct about powerful enough. Before dji changed to the go 4 app it use to work just fine..
Dji needs to put a patch out to fix the problem.
2017-5-4
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

This has always been the issue Natalia.. Older legacy devices used older versions of Go with NO problems. DJI has advanced the software so much that they are forcing people to update their devices to work with the newer app. Why force users to update to something that won't work with something that worked before? It's like coming out with new gas and forcing you to buy a new car that runs on it.. It isn't fair and DJI isn't listening - they should have a GoLite app or something that will still run.. DJI WOULD MAKE A LOT MORE MONEY IF THEY HAD SOFTWARE THAT WAS MORE COMPATIBLE WITH WHAT PEOPLE HAVE AND CAN AFFORD!
2017-5-4
Use props
Nikodemo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 254324 ft

Argentina

Your best alternative is to use Litchi, for a few dollars solves your problem.
2017-5-4
Use props
Chadrob30
lvl.4
Flight distance : 220459 ft
United States

Nikodemo Posted at 2017-5-4 07:17
Your best alternative is to use Litchi, for a few dollars solves your problem.

Finally, someone chimes in with Litchi.
2017-5-4
Use props
Nikodemo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 254324 ft

Argentina

I use Litchi and I greatly improve the flight of my Phantom
2017-5-4
Use props
boykintom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124656 ft
United States

Another vote for Litchi.  I use it rather than GO4 on my Nvidia Shield K1, and it has great range and seldom drops video.
2017-5-5
Use props
fans80c32154
New

Sweden

I have the same problem. I haven't been able to fly since December 2016. None om my platforms work with the new app. Starting to hate dji...
2017-5-5
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 8351585 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI's mistake was to remove the P4 from GO 3 in the last update to GO 3.  This guy would be still flying if you didn't.  Go 3 will install on an iPad 4.  (I stopped updating Go 3 at v3.1.5 so I can sill fly my P4 with it)
2017-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules