Color Grade Test
679 2 2017-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mjacobson
lvl.2
United States

Learning the ropes.  Here's a test I did today.

2017-5-3
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1873806 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing, I believe you dont need to go so low in contrast and saturation for D-Cinelike since its semi boosted in the color ranges.  With D-Log this is different and provides more control over dynamic ranges.

I have done tests myself and also found this ages ago that sorta talks about the need to not go to low with your settings for D-Cinelike since you can save your self some time in post correcting the color again

skip to 7min mark if you dont want to watch it all.  Of course what ever process works for you stick with it.. more of a FYI.
2017-5-3
Use props
mjacobson
lvl.2
United States

Gateway Posted at 2017-5-3 20:29
Thanks for sharing, I believe you dont need to go so low in contrast and saturation for D-Cinelike since its semi boosted in the color ranges.  With D-Log this is different and provides more control over dynamic ranges.

I have done tests myself and also found this ages ago that sorta talks about the need to not go to low with your settings for D-Cinelike since you can save your self some time in post correcting the color again

Thank you so much for the feedback! That video explains it very well! I will test with d-cinelike +1, -1, -1 tomorrow!
2017-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules