Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Would you buy Dji Goggles at the first moment?
123Next >
4502 85 2017-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LoveJ
First Officer
Flight distance : 43379 ft
China

From the Trusted Reviews, "DJI Goggles could be the most essential drone accessory yet."
I'd like to have one to enjoy the exciting FPV experience. I'm thinking to buy it at the first moment, would you?
2017-5-3
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Already ordered 2. So I guess, yes, I would
2017-5-3
Use props
NavigatorNL
First Officer
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

Nope. Not interested.
2017-5-3
Use props
LoveJ
First Officer
China

dronist Posted at 2017-5-3 20:44
Already ordered 2. So I guess, yes, I would

You are lucky. I missed the first round. Have to wait at the moment.
2017-5-3
Use props
LoveJ
First Officer
China

Curious. Why?
2017-5-3
Use props
NavigatorNL
First Officer
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

What would Goggles ad to the drone experience? Legal I have to pay attention to the place where I'm flying. Goggles are not allowed or you need a second person to fly the drone.
2017-5-4
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pointless to own for me, these things give me headaches
2017-5-4
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

Surely these are technically illegal pretty much everywhere? Surprised they're allowed to sell them.
My main problem with these, as shallow as it is; you look bloody ridiculous wearing them. People will point and laugh at you. Not that you'd know I suppose.
2017-5-4
Use props
Doots
lvl.4
Flight distance : 682598 ft
United States

I'll probably get it. As far as needing a second person being a "spotter"? Pft! I know the drone police will start flashing their lights and blaring the sirens but I've been flying rc forever. If I'm flying in an area where there are no aircraft, I'm not going to feel like I need a spotter just because of some new blanket rule that should not be required for every situation tells me I need one. I fly safe. I don't chase helis or planes and am way lower than any if them would be anyway. I'm not even near an area where they would even be! So sound off the alarms and soapbox speeches. Maybe you'll be lucky enough and the right person will see it and give you your "I'm a team player" badge.
2017-5-4
Use props
Bradders
Second Officer
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

Absolutely no way, not with how I have been treated by DJI : http://forum.dji.com/thread-95100-1-1.html
2017-5-4
Use props
weedhopper
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85686 ft
France

Hello

I will wait until a bugless Firmware....
2017-5-4
Use props
tarvs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 240 ft
United States

Doots Posted at 2017-5-4 11:16
I'll probably get it. As far as needing a second person being a "spotter"? Pft! I know the drone police will start flashing their lights and blaring the sirens but I've been flying rc forever. If I'm flying in an area where there are no aircraft, I'm not going to feel like I need a spotter just because of some new blanket rule that should not be required for every situation tells me I need one. I fly safe. I don't chase helis or planes and am way lower than any if them would be anyway. I'm not even near an area where they would even be! So sound off the alarms and soapbox speeches. Maybe you'll be lucky enough and the right person will see it and give you your "I'm a team player" badge.

Well said!
2017-5-4
Use props
tarvs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 240 ft
United States

Ordered within the first 30 minutes of them being available...I'v been waiting for clear HD FPV goggles for years.  I'm not worried about their size and certainly not waiting for them to get any smaller.  The technology in them sound great and I'm going to enjoy the heck out of these.
2017-5-4
Use props
LoveJ
First Officer
China

tarvs Posted at 2017-5-4 12:10
Ordered within the first 30 minutes of them being available...I'v been waiting for clear HD FPV goggles for years.  I'm not worried about their size and certainly not waiting for them to get any smaller.  The technology in them sound great and I'm going to enjoy the heck out of these.

The same reason as mine. The digital HD FPV sounds great. I just wonder what it feels like to look from the sky like a bird.
2017-5-7
Use props
Yhadar
lvl.4
Israel

The only reason I won't buy it is the price. I mean, almost half the price of the Mavic...
2017-5-8
Use props
LoveJ
First Officer
China

Yhadar Posted at 2017-5-8 01:32
The only reason I won't buy it is the price. I mean, almost half the price of the Mavic...

Yeah, a little bit higher than I expected, but from the spec it should be worthy of the price.
2017-5-8
Use props
LoveJ
First Officer
China

NavigatorNL Posted at 2017-5-4 10:36
What would Goggles ad to the drone experience? Legal I have to pay attention to the place where I'm flying. Goggles are not allowed or you need a second person to fly the drone.

Well, that's probably the biggest issue. It is really annoying if you have to invite a second person to look after you.
2017-5-8
Use props
LoveJ
First Officer
China

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-5-4 11:03
Pointless to own for me, these things give me headaches

Then you should try it first and then decide whether or not to buy it.
2017-5-8
Use props
LoveJ
First Officer
China

Jenkins Posted at 2017-5-4 11:16
Surely these are technically illegal pretty much everywhere? Surprised they're allowed to sell them.
My main problem with these, as shallow as it is; you look bloody ridiculous wearing them. People will point and laugh at you. Not that you'd know I suppose.

It is big and a little heavy. But I think it looks cool when you're flying a drone.
2017-5-8
Use props
LoveJ
First Officer
China

weedhopper Posted at 2017-5-4 11:24
Hello

I will wait until a bugless Firmware....

You'll probably never get one...
2017-5-8
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

LoveJ Posted at 2017-5-3 22:40
You are lucky. I missed the first round. Have to wait at the moment.

I'm not sure this will help you since the forum indicates you're in China, but at least in the U.S. the goggles are now available for pre-order through various retailers including the "DJI Official Store" on NewEgg. And the claimed shipment date of June 1st is only slightly later than what was offered in the initial pre-order run offered directly through DJI, which I believe was May 20th.
2017-5-8
Use props
LoveJ
First Officer
China

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-8 05:31
I'm not sure this will help you since the forum indicates you're in China, but at least in the U.S. the goggles are now available for pre-order through various retailers including the "DJI Official Store" on NewEgg. And the claimed shipment date of June 1st is only slightly later than what was offered in the initial pre-order run offered directly through DJI, which I believe was May 20th.

Thanks for the info. I guess the Goggles will not be the same case as what happened after Mavic Pro's release. I can wait for a little bit longer.
2017-5-9
Use props
trica de
First Officer
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I bought a VR from Amazon and Litchi - I can tell VR is fun but to be fair how ofter do I use it? 2-3 Times. I agree that the DJI Googles are much better but the effect is the same. Its a nice device for sure but 550€ is huge for me
2017-5-9
Use props
Bradders
Second Officer
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

No I would not buy them from DJI directly.... but if they repair my Mavic under warranty (they should) then I will buy a pair on Amazon when they are available as if they do have any issues I can get a refund easily however with DJI there is a 8week repair process and you dont know if they will charge you for the repair
2017-5-9
Use props
patman89
Second Officer
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

Jenkins Posted at 2017-5-4 11:16

Since January 2017 in Germany it's okay to fly with FPV Googles if you have a spotter person, who keeps an eye on your drone. I would not use googles for me, but for some one else how is interested in. I am the pilot and someone else has the bird view :-)

I think I will order one, maybe by the end of this year. First I want to see if there are some problems at day one.
2017-5-9
Use props
Majorl
lvl.1
United States

I believe I would like to try FPV just always having a spotter is an issue wish you could not use a spotter at 150 ft or lower
2017-5-9
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
United States

LoveJ Posted at 2017-5-9 00:07
Thanks for the info. I guess the Goggles will not be the same case as what happened after Mavic Pro's release. I can wait for a little bit longer.

I guess the Goggles will not be the same case as what happened after Mavic Pro's release.

Probably not. My guess is that DJI will be filling that initial pre-order round in a timely manner so as to avoid a repeat of the Mavic ordering fiasco. In fact, I suspect that's why they only allowed a limited number of preorders: to ensure that they could fill all the orders that were placed more or less on time.
2017-5-9
Use props
LoveJ
First Officer
China

trica de Posted at 2017-5-9 00:14
I bought a VR from Amazon and Litchi - I can tell VR is fun but to be fair how ofter do I use it? 2-3 Times. I agree that the DJI Googles are much better but the effect is the same. Its a nice device for sure but 550€ is huge for me

So I guess you would rent a pair of DJI Goggles to fly a few times rather than buy it, right?
2017-5-9
Use props
LoveJ
First Officer
China

patman89 Posted at 2017-5-9 01:41
Since January 2017 in Germany it's okay to fly with FPV Googles if you have a spotter person, who keeps an eye on your drone. I would not use googles for me, but for some one else how is interested in. I am the pilot and someone else has the bird view :-)

I think I will order one, maybe by the end of this year. First I want to see if there are some problems at day one.

Yeah, you adopt the wait-and-see policy which is much safer. :-)
2017-5-9
Use props
LoveJ
First Officer
China

Majorl Posted at 2017-5-9 02:17
I believe I would like to try FPV just always having a spotter is an issue wish you could not use a spotter at 150 ft or lower

Several people mentioned the spotter issue. It's really annoying. :-(
2017-5-9
Use props
LoveJ
First Officer
China

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-9 02:26
I guess the Goggles will not be the same case as what happened after Mavic Pro's release.

Probably not. My guess is that DJI will be filling that initial pre-order round in a timely manner so as to avoid a repeat of the Mavic ordering fiasco. In fact, I suspect that's why they only allowed a limited number of preorders: to ensure that they could fill all the orders that were placed more or less on time.

Totally agree. I heard that pre-order Goggles are about to be shipped in the coming one or two weeks. Let's see if we can place new orders after the initial shipment.
2017-5-9
Use props
trica de
First Officer
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

LoveJ Posted at 2017-5-9 22:19
So I guess you would rent a pair of DJI Goggles to fly a few times rather than buy it, right?

well - I would LOVE to test those new toys! But - as I said I tried it with Litchi and a 15€ VR it does the job - still it does not look and feel like the DJI Googles but if you tried it 2-3 times you wil asked yourself do I need that? and ... do I really want to pack my bag with the VR Google everytime - my answer is no ;)

For 15€ + Litchi app (not sure how much it is at the moment) you can have the same kind of feeling. If you like and love it ... the GOOGLE is your weapon!
2017-5-9
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
United States

trica de Posted at 2017-5-9 22:36
well - I would LOVE to test those new toys! But - as I said I tried it with Litchi and a 15€ VR it does the job - still it does not look and feel like the DJI Googles but if you tried it 2-3 times you wil asked yourself do I need that? and ... do I really want to pack my bag with the VR Google everytime - my answer is no ;)

For 15€ + Litchi app (not sure how much it is at the moment) you can have the same kind of feeling. If you like and love it ... the GOOGLE is your weapon!

There are several things about the goggles that appeal to me:
  • Based on comments in the reviews, the resolution of the displays and their proximity to the user's eyes provides a lot of detail, which will make flying safer and more fun.
  • They appear to allow the user to fly in direct sunlight without having to use a sunshade or a bulky hood.
  • The Head Tracking Gimbal mode allows yaw control of the gimbal, which again makes flying safer and more fun.
  • Aside from their weight they've been consistently reported as being very comfortable to wear, which is important because I wouldn't want to use something very long that's uncomfortable.

I'd guess that the (admittedly far less expensive) Litchi / Cardboard combination also gives you the first two advantages to some extent, but probably not to the same degree as DJI's goggles and not with as much flexibility or functionality. Flying in sunlight is something I do often enough that I had pretty much made up my mind to buy either the goggles or a CrystalSky display, but once I saw the prices of both and the reviews of the goggles it became an easy decision for me.

My big concerns with the goggles are the reports of their weight and the nausea they induce, but by most accounts those two things will stop being a problem after I've used them a while. And yes, they're large and definitely won't fit in the backpack that I sometimes use to transport my Mavic and its accessories, but they appear to add enough value to the flying experience to make carrying them around worthwhile.
2017-5-10
Use props
LoveJ
First Officer
China

trica de Posted at 2017-5-9 22:36

Well I suppose the goggles renting business is feasible based on what you've said.
2017-5-10
Use props
LoveJ
First Officer
China

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-10 02:34
Based on comments in the reviews, the resolution of the displays and their proximity to the user's eyes provides a lot of detail, which will make flying safer and more fun.

1. True, it can show a much clearer image than any other devices in the market.
2. True, it is weird when you wear a pair of goggles AND a bulky hood. :-)
3. That's the unique feature that you can only have with DJI goggles.
4. I guess when you are flying with the goggles, you'll barely notice the weight.

The only concern I have is that they're large and I have to a carry another big box besides the drone. Hope they can make them smaller in next generation.
2017-5-10
Use props
LoveJ
First Officer
China

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-10 02:34
  • Based on comments in the reviews, the resolution of the displays and their proximity to the user's eyes provides a lot of detail, which will make flying safer and more fun.

• And you missed an important feature: Fixed-Wing Mode. That sounds awesome to me and I'm eager to try it the first time I get the goggles.
    2017-5-10
    Use props
    nay
    Captain
    Flight distance : 50642090 ft
    • >>>
    United States

No! and I wonder how long will it take these to ship out....lol
    2017-5-10
    Use props
    LoveJ
    First Officer
    China

nay Posted at 2017-5-10 20:40
    No! and I wonder how long will it take these to ship out....lol

Why not? I guess it'll be sooner than you think.
    2017-5-11
    Use props
    Lucas775
    Captain
    Flight distance : 50642090 ft
    • >>>
    United States

LoveJ Posted at 2017-5-11 20:26
    Why not? I guess it'll be sooner than you think.

waste of good money, it's a photography drone.  Tell me how you can take any decent videos/pix with the goggles on.
    2017-5-11
    Use props
    fans46abbf1a
    lvl.1

Canada

No too expensive but i will pay for the app to install a cardboard icon on dji go app
    2017-5-13
    Use props
    123Next >
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules