Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Cell Broken P3S
1949 15 2017-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maxxpsoft
lvl.4
Flight distance : 380594 ft
United States

Searched forum didn't find this same message
Getting that error message and cells are showing one cell lower than the others. 4.31, 4.18, 4.35, 4.32
Hadn't flown it almost 2 weeks due to bad weather and such. Charged them up and took it out and had that.

Flew it around awhile till it gave low message so brought it in. Shut everything else down and left drone turned on to try and discharge it which took awhile. Charged back up and still same.

Is there any way to repair it or get it back right?

2017-5-4
Use props
WD9EON
Captain
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

Under warranty for one year or 200 charges.  
2017-5-4
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Are you sure you did the deep discharge correctly?  

1)  Charge battery to 100%

2)  Do deep discharge

3)  Charge battery to 100%

4)  Check cell balance

If so, my exp is you can't fix it
2017-5-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, how far did you discharge it before recharging it? How long have you had this battery?
2017-5-4
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-4 13:31
Just to clarify, how far did you discharge it before recharging it? How long have you had this battery?

I left it in the drone till it shut down.

I bought the P3S with spare battery Delivered Jan 6, 2017
Manufactured 25-Nov-2016
Times charged 24
2017-5-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Maxxpsoft Posted at 2017-5-4 15:16
I left it in the drone till it shut down.

I bought the P3S with spare battery Delivered Jan 6, 2017

Unfortunately, I cannot make any determinations using 3rd party flight record reading software. Since you are still within the warranty period, I would recommend sending the battery in for further evaluation and replacement.
2017-5-4
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-4 15:28
Unfortunately, I cannot make any determinations using 3rd party flight record reading software. Since you are still within the warranty period, I would recommend sending the battery in for further evaluation and replacement.

Do I use the
Online Repair Request on this page? http://www.dji.com/service/repair
2017-5-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Maxxpsoft Posted at 2017-5-4 15:35
Do I use the
Online Repair Request on this page? http://www.dji.com/service/repair

Yes, that's the one. You would Should you run into any issues with submitting an online repair request, you can always email support.us@dji.com or call +1 818-235-0789 for further assistance.
2017-5-4
Use props
Michgolden
First Officer
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

Just a side note. In the future don't use the AC to discharge your batteries. Use the app to set the discharging time because it's not good for the AC to sit still and run at idle for an extended amount of time, it'll cause excessive heat build up in the body and the camera. Although the props are putting out some air it's not enough. It's also a good idea to set a fan or equivalent to blow air at the bird while doing firmware updates.
2017-5-4
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Michgolden Posted at 2017-5-4 18:24
Just a side note. In the future don't use the AC to discharge your batteries. Use the app to set the discharging time because it's not good for the AC to sit still and run at idle for an extended amount of time, it'll cause excessive heat build up in the body and the camera. Although the props are putting out some air it's not enough. It's also a good idea to set a fan or equivalent to blow air at the bird while doing firmware updates.

Seconded .... I use a Laptop Cooler pad ..... but NEVER use model for discharging batterys !!

The matter of Deep Discharge has been shown countless times to be a total waste of time and also risks damaging the battery further.

Once a Cell starts to deteriorate - that's it folks ... LiPo's on the slippery slope to the gash bin.What you do is keep using it but watching flight times vs voltage left ... it will get shorter. Once its at a level you feel is not sufficient - then relegate the pack to 'bench duty' - such as FW upgrades etc. Instead of using good packs.

If the battery is within warranty period ... and that depends on location ... as some places are 6 months / 200 cycles, while others are 12 months / 200 cycles ..... SEND IT IN .... they are too expensive to muck about with.

Nigel
2017-5-5
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-4 15:45
Yes, that's the one. You would Should you run into any issues with submitting an online repair request, you can always email  or call +1 818-235-0789 for further assistance.

What luck. My second battery purchased at same time has this Battery Cell broken also. Manufactured
25-Nov-2016  Times charged 29 Exact same date as 1st battery

Has to be a reason why or was this just a bad batch? I fly and run them down below 25% by the time I get it landed and don't immediately charge after flight but usually next day if I intend on flying again.

I purchased one of those Telesin Battery dischargers and tried that before charging again. Flip of the coin trying something but it didn't work either. It discharges the battery with a light bulb instead oif letting the drone do it, no heat except the hot bulb.

I did get an email saying they are replacing the 1st in 5-7 days
2017-5-16
Use props
timnwcove
lvl.4
Flight distance : 87428 ft
Canada

I have the same issue with my battery, sent it off to dji , it was accepted on april 20, recieved may 5, verified on may 8.........not a word from them since. Hope im not lost in the shuffle.
2017-5-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Maxxpsoft Posted at 2017-5-16 04:52
What luck. My second battery purchased at same time has this Battery Cell broken also. Manufactured
25-Nov-2016  Times charged 29 Exact same date as 1st battery

When you received the battery, did it have A 50% charge or was it less than that?
2017-5-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

timnwcove Posted at 2017-5-16 05:26
I have the same issue with my battery, sent it off to dji , it was accepted on april 20, recieved may 5, verified on may 8.........not a word from them since. Hope im not lost in the shuffle.

I've responded to a PM of yours when you have the chance.
2017-5-16
Use props
timnwcove
lvl.4
Flight distance : 87428 ft
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-16 13:41
I've responded to a PM of yours when you have the chance.

Case # given.  thanks Jamie
2017-5-16
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-16 07:35
When you received the battery, did it have A 50% charge or was it less than that?

Don't remember. The excitement of unpacking and plug the charger in and I had 2 batteries
Although I moved from my phone to an Ipad and looking at flights back around Feb there is no bad deviation
2017-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules