Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI APP Display size error
6857 14 2017-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AmFam-Lee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37408 ft
United States

After getting the latest update on my phone for the Samsung Galaxy S8 my DJI GO 4 app will not open. I keep getting this error "DJI GO 4 does not support the current Display size setting and may behave unexpectedly.", I have changed the display size and it still says the same thing. I really hate not being able to Fly!

If you have any suggestions to fix this error please let me know.
2017-5-4
Use props
dv8ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 360322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Change display back to FHD+, delete/re-install app, open app now you should be able to set WQHD & force full screen.
2017-5-4
Use props
AmFam-Lee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37408 ft
United States

dv8ed Posted at 2017-5-4 06:57
Change display back to FHD+, delete/re-install app, open app now you should be able to set WQHD & force full screen.

I uninstalled it a few times but kept it in WQHD. Now its working, thanks for the info!
2017-5-4
Use props
Techbrute
lvl.1
Flight distance : 180144 ft
United States

It bears mentioning that the S8 is not currently supported by DJI.  I'm hoping that they are quick to add support for new devices.
2017-5-4
Use props
MuttleyoA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73412 ft
United Kingdom

AmFam-Lee Posted at 2017-5-4 07:04
I uninstalled it a few times but kept it in WQHD. Now its working, thanks for the info!

Thank you, thank you
2017-5-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello, please uninstall the DJI GO app first. Then scan the QR code from our DJI website to install the DJI GO 4 app. http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
2017-5-8
Use props
skpManiac
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1092589 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-8 00:24
Hello, please uninstall the DJI GO app first. Then scan the QR code from our DJI website to install the DJI GO 4 app. http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

Why is this not yet fixed, it happens after every update for the past few months and your Devs are well aware of it as its all over this board and Google Play,
2017-5-19
Use props
EastyT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

Techbrute Posted at 2017-5-4 07:20
It bears mentioning that the S8 is not currently supported by DJI.  I'm hoping that they are quick to add support for new devices.

No offense and I'm not trying to be obtuse, but technically DJI GO4 supports any android device 4.1.2 or later.  The published list is "Recommended" devices.  There is nothing that says they support nothing but the recommended list.  And, as a matter of fact, there are many devices on the recommended list that constantly crash, so the list is rather meaningless.
2017-5-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

skpManiac Posted at 2017-5-19 14:49
Why is this not yet fixed, it happens after every update for the past few months and your Devs are well aware of it as its all over this board and Google Play,

It's probably you install the tablet version of DJI GO app.
Please try to scan the QR code to install the DJI GO app again.
2017-5-21
Use props
skpManiac
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-21 22:01
It's probably you install the tablet version of DJI GO app.
Please try to scan the QR code to install the DJI GO app again.

I did not install the TABLET versions, I have done this many times, it runs perfectly, UNTIL IT UPDATES, then it crashes  - EVERY SINGLE TIME

It's obviously an issue with the update process and one DJI fails to address, like all the other issues on the Osmo Mobile - I am losing patience with DJI recently :/
2017-6-12
Use props
skpManiac
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It may be something with the Galaxy S7 software,as I am now having to use an old HTC ONE E9+ to fly and that has updated twice with no problems
2017-6-21
Use props
b0n3
First Officer
Flight distance : 21083 ft
Russia

The last update and again this sh.t with the screen resolution on Galaxy S7 Edge....
Dji what's going on?
2017-9-21
Use props
Koffieanan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 752749 ft

Netherlands

Also got the same problem with a S7. In the beginning this one is standing on the list with recommended devices. This I checked before I bouoght the DJI Phantom 3A. But after a while they skipped the S7 and since then I got the same problems with the updates.
2017-9-25
Use props
Asainz320
Captain
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you download the apk from the web you will not have this issue. It started happening to me since version 4.1.8 installed from the Play Store. When I downloaded the 4.1.8 version from the web and installed it this issue didn't happen.
2017-9-25
Use props
gabriel.magana
lvl.1
Flight distance : 177254 ft
United States

I had the same annoying problems with the GO app (I could not log even a single flight because the app crashed so often. I have a Samsung S7+ dedicated only to flying my Mavic; I have all the latest updates to it, both in apps and OS.

My crashes stopped completely when I lowered the screen resolution to FHD (1920x1080). I've not had a single malfunction since I did that, so needless to say, I'm happy as can be. I do not need the extra resolution for any purpose.  The resolution warnings went away too. I'm on the DJI GO app that comes from the Android App store.
2017-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules