Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lose of GPS switch to ATTI mode...
1092 8 2017-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansae6de894
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1539 ft
United States

I'm think of purchasing a new GPS board...  I have been dealing with the well known unexpected switch to ATTI since day one, several months ago...  I have updated firmware and twisted the motor wires to the rear motors... ( I don't get Mag errors anymore since twisting these ) .  My Mavic is probably from the second batch...   

I still get the ATII switch with large number of sats almost every flight.  It clears in a few moments and then back to normall....  I have never had it happen twice in the same flight.

Still I lake the confindence in the aircraft to push it to the edge of the range for fear of being left in ATTI and not being able to RTH or trust in in instrumentds to find my way...

A new GPS board is only $60.  

Will it solve this well known issue?  if so, well worth it...   

Thoughts?
2017-5-4
Use props
fans06b77ccc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1905381 ft
United States

You may want to post your repair questions on mavicpilots.com. There are several members that have expertise in repair on that forum. It would also be interesting for that group to take a look at a problematic log file. It's amazing the information they pull from log files.
2017-5-4
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

If it solves it than it is worth it...
2017-5-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

It should not do that, I would send it in for evaluation.
https://www.dji.com/service/repair
2017-5-4
Use props
fansae6de894
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-5-4 19:20
It should not do that, I would send it in for evaluation.
https://www.dji.com/service/repair

Thanks Ken but I would rather not be without it  and am well versed at doing electronic repairs...  This would seem to be a simple board swap...   My question is, since this is well known problem.  What is DJI doing to remedy?  If as new GPS is the fix,  I would rather replace myself...
2017-5-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fansae6de894 Posted at 2017-5-5 04:42
Thanks Ken but I would rather not be without it  and am well versed at doing electronic repairs...  This would seem to be a simple board swap...   My question is, since this is well known problem.  What is DJI doing to remedy?  If as new GPS is the fix,  I would rather replace myself...

This was an issue a while ago and about 3 firmware updates ago it was resolved.
If your aircraft still will not stay in GPS mode and you're updated on firmware and restoring factory defaults and refreshing the firmware and you're flying in clear open skies then I'd suggest sending it in.
But since you've already opened it up ad twisted motor wires you've already voided the warranty.
2017-5-5
Use props
fansae6de894
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-5-5 06:19
This was an issue a while ago and about 3 firmware updates ago it was resolved.
If your aircraft still will not stay in GPS mode and you're updated on firmware and restoring factory defaults and refreshing the firmware and you're flying in clear open skies then I'd suggest sending it in.
But since you've already opened it up ad twisted motor wires you've already voided the warranty.

Thanks Ken,  Not worried about warranty...   I have updated firmware but have not restored factory defaults or refreshed..  I assumed that was part of the update process through DJI Assistant...   Can you offer any guidance on how to restore and refresh?  I would much rather give the software approach a try before replace the GPS board...  
2017-5-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fansae6de894 Posted at 2017-5-5 07:35
Thanks Ken,  Not worried about warranty...   I have updated firmware but have not restored factory defaults or refreshed..  I assumed that was part of the update process through DJI Assistant...   Can you offer any guidance on how to restore and refresh?  I would much rather give the software approach a try before replace the GPS board...

Just connect to your computer and run Assistant2 and you'll see the restore to factory defaults tab and the refresh firmware tab.
2017-5-5
Use props
Sjatty05
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294613 ft
United States

fansae6de894 Posted at 2017-5-5 07:35

Ken, I hope to hear how it comes out.  I repair ipads and the next time I have a problem with my Phantom, I am going to repair it myself.   I hope you do it and do some posting about it online so that others can learn.  
2017-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules