The Beep Sounds in Footages
1017 6 2017-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
szuo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5623 ft
United States

DJI GO app has a feature to automatically edit video and add background music. I'm talking about the feature under >>Editor >>Create. I like it. I have a reasonablly edited video right after the flight and I don't even need to use the computer. But the feature is ruined by the beep sound from the controller.

When battery is low, the controller beeps. The sound is recorded. And the app keeps the sound when generating the video.

I can think of 4 ways to fix this.

1. Add an option to ignore the sound in the footage. This makes a lot of sense. Even if the footage has conversations or background sound, when the software cuts and puts the video together and adds music to it, all those sound from the footage will be cut into pieces.
2. Add an option not to record audio at all.
3. Add an option not to beep. This may cause safety concerns though.
4. Make the software smarter to ignore the beep sound but keep all other sounds. I don't know if it's technically possible at the time.

2017-5-5
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

You can turn off the audio in the GO 4 app.
2017-5-5
Use props
beamerbuilder1-
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2015899 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-5-5 21:54
You can turn off the audio in the GO 4 app.

How do I do that?
2017-5-31
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

if your running the latest firmware, you simply push the power button on the RC and it will silence the RC battery. However, this does not silence the beep for a low Mavic battery.
2017-5-31
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

See screengrab:
IMG_1463.png
2017-5-31
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Workaround: Don't use RTH or any of the audio/video taken when the battery reaches its exhaustion threshold.

It would be awesome to be able to mute the beep in recordings but I don't think that's possible, and I think it's clear by now that DJI is unwilling to allow muting of Mavic warning beeps for safety reasons.

2017-5-31
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

you can disable the sound in each clip itself. there is an option for volume (RC recording) and the music.
2017-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules