Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Display flashing green and half-blackout
3269 29 2017-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ekapon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 340384 ft
Thailand

My brand new DJI Phantom 4 Pro from out-of-the-box is having a problem as recorded in the videos below.

https://youtu.be/fs9aUWnfeuA

https://youtu.be/NZhb-ikU23I

The display flash green and blackout.  From ~25 minutes flight time, the problem could happen 10 seconds to 5 minutes continuously varying from each flights.  It happens in several different locations.  It happens to three devices (iPad Air, iPhone 6, and iPad Mini).  It happens both during recording video (4K or 1080p) and not recording.

I did recalibrate IMU and change the cable.  The problem still exist.

What is the cause?  How to solve?

Thanks.

2017-5-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Try the following button combinations to ensure that both components are communicating properly:

Reset the RC:
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

I would recommend manually relinking the RC to the aircraft with the following:

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD. This may take a few seconds of holding it.
*While holding the buttons, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

If the issue persists, could you please verify which Go app version you're running and OS versions your devices have installed?
2017-5-5
Use props
Daniel Son
lvl.1
Flight distance : 505512 ft
Australia

Try going into your settings on tab "Developer Options" (If not there google how to) change "Buffer size" change to 256kbs and also go into P4P settings and disable video cache....

I am running a Samsung S4 flawlessly. This is what i did cause phone wasn't able to handle nothing before.

What Micro Card are you using?
2017-5-5
Use props
Ekapon
lvl.1
Thailand

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-5 16:55
Try the following button combinations to ensure that both components are communicating properly:

Reset the RC:

Reset the RC, the problem still persists.

Current firmware of the drone : 01.03.0509
APP version : 4.0.8
System version : 10.3.1 (iPad Air) and 10.1.1 (iPhone 6)
2017-5-6
Use props
Ekapon
lvl.1
Thailand

Daniel Son Posted at 2017-5-5 22:06
Try going into your settings on tab "Developer Options" (If not there google how to) change "Buffer size" change to 256kbs and also go into P4P settings and disable video cache....

I am running a Samsung S4 flawlessly. This is what i did cause phone wasn't able to handle nothing before.

Is the "Developer Options" only available for Android device?  I use iPhone and iPad.
2017-5-6
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Excuse me, are your devices also running other Apps? If so, then the devices might have too much workload to cope with... Also, which iPad Air are you using, the first one or the 2 (different processors -I don't know about the iPhone 6 or the iPad Mini) - I used at first an iPad Air 2, with no probs at all, and now a dedicated New iPad, and again no problems.
2017-5-6
Use props
Ekapon
lvl.1
Thailand

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-5-6 03:35
Excuse me, are your devices also running other Apps? If so, then the devices might have too much workload to cope with... Also, which iPad Air are you using, the first one or the 2 (different processors -I don't know about the iPhone 6 or the iPad Mini) - I used at first an iPad Air 2, with no probs at all, and now a dedicated New iPad, and again no problems.

I quit all the other apps during flight.  I even factory-restored the iPad and install only DJI Go 4.

I use iPad Air 1st generation (32 GB).

The iPad Mini I have tried is belong to the DJI shop.  This one only show flash green screen once out of three flights.  But my iPad Air shows every flights.
2017-5-6
Use props
Ekapon
lvl.1
Thailand

Today I tried with iPhone SE one flight.  No flash screen occurred yet.  I will try more tomorrow, along with another Android device I just borrow from my friend.
2017-5-6
Use props
Ekapon
lvl.1
Thailand

Daniel Son Posted at 2017-5-5 22:06

I did disabled video cache.  The problem even occur while not recording video.
2017-5-6
Use props
Daniel Son
lvl.1
Flight distance : 505512 ft
Australia

Ekapon Posted at 2017-5-6 03:17
Is the "Developer Options" only available for Android device?  I use iPhone and iPad.

Not sure. I stay well away from Apple.
I assume they do however maybe someone else can add in?
2017-5-6
Use props
Robert M Serino
First Officer
Flight distance : 2324268 ft

United States

I cannot see your video and so will just offer that there may be a radio interference issue. Suggest you try going into the GO app under "HD", set to "custom" mode HD imagery transmission and then choose a channel without noise or nearby noise. This should work based on my own trials.
2017-5-6
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Denmark

Ekapon Posted at 2017-5-6 04:14
I quit all the other apps during flight.  I even factory-restored the iPad and install only DJI Go 4.

I use iPad Air 1st generation (32 GB).

To have just the software for the Phantom drone is certainly a good thing to do!
I checked the other iPads, Mini 1 and Air 1, and the Air 2 as comparison.
iPad Air 1 specs
A7 processor chip with 64-bit architecture; M7 motion coprocessor
1GB RAM

iPad Mini 1
A5 processor with 32-bit architecture, no coprocessor
512MB RAM

Pad Air 2 specs
A8X processor chip with 64-bit architecture; M8 motion coprocessor
2GB RAM

The Mini 1 for sure has much less computing power than the Air 1 ,  so I cannot explain how it can give less problems, even be working at all. But I'm not a tech expert...
iPhone SE
A9 processor   M9 motion co-processor and 2GB of RAM (same as iPhone 6) , so in theory better than an iPad Air 2...

It will be interesting to see what comes out of the iPhone SE and the Android device. I hope you'll be able to solve your issue :-)

2017-5-6
Use props
Ekapon
lvl.1
Thailand

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-5-6 06:58
To have just the software for the Phantom drone is certainly a good thing to do!
I checked the other iPads, Mini 1 and Air 1, and the Air 2 as comparison.
iPad Air 1 specs

I don't know which generation of the shop's iPad Mini I have tried is.  There are 4 gens now, and I guess DJI shops should probably use one of the latest gens (not the 1st gen).
The problem also occur with iPhone 6 which has the same processor as iPhone SE.
2017-5-6
Use props
Ekapon
lvl.1
Thailand

Robert M Serino Posted at 2017-5-6 06:46
I cannot see your video and so will just offer that there may be a radio interference issue. Suggest you try going into the GO app under "HD", set to "custom" mode HD imagery transmission and then choose a channel without noise or nearby noise. This should work based on my own trials.

I create YouTube links for you…

2017-5-6
Use props
Ekapon
lvl.1
Thailand

This is iPad Mini.  Can you identify which generation is it?

2017-5-6
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Denmark

Ekapon Posted at 2017-5-6 07:19
I don't know which generation of the shop's iPad Mini I have tried is.  There are 4 gens now, and I guess DJI shops should probably use one of the latest gens (not the 1st gen).
The problem also occur with iPhone 6 which has the same processor as iPhone SE.

OOPS, my bad! Reading "The iPad Mini I have tried is belong to the DJI shop" I erroneusly assumed it was an iPad Mini Ist generation. I interpreted the "I" as a "1"... Sorry! But the newer models should be ok, I strongly believe.
2017-5-6
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Denmark

Ekapon Posted at 2017-5-6 07:59
This is iPad Mini.  Can you identify which generation is it?

https://youtu.be/heuowR76hRw

No, I can't :-( . But I noticed one thing on the last video you posted, with the iPhone. I do not know if it makes a difference, actually, but I see that the cable from the iPad to the controller is right in front of the antennas, This might generate interferences? I use a 30 cm cable and it just can't go in front of the antennas.
2017-5-6
Use props
Ekapon
lvl.1
Thailand

The shop's iPad is iPad Mini 4.

So the problem happen with…

- iPad Air 1
- iPhone 6
- iPad Mini 4
2017-5-6
Use props
Ekapon
lvl.1
Thailand

This is from another iPhone 6 (iOS 10.3.1)

2017-5-7
Use props
Robert M Serino
First Officer
Flight distance : 2324268 ft

United States

Ekapon Posted at 2017-5-7 02:53

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiJtPm-QxCg

Looking at your video, here are some thoughts: The area seems to be highly built-up and so there may be radio interference. If not already done, you may want to make sure that all of your software is up to date for both aircraft and iPad (or iPhone), "Enable Hardware Decoding" within the GO app, use "custom" mode for HD imagery transmission within the GO app, and select a low-noise HD imagery transmission channel preferably with similar low-noise channel(s) nearby.
2017-5-7
Use props
Ekapon
lvl.1
Thailand

Robert M Serino Posted at 2017-5-7 05:49
Looking at your video, here are some thoughts: The area seems to be highly built-up and so there may be radio interference. If not already done, you may want to make sure that all of your software is up to date for both aircraft and iPad (or iPhone), "Enable Hardware Decoding" within the GO app, use "custom" mode for HD imagery transmission within the GO app, and select a low-noise HD imagery transmission channel preferably with similar low-noise channel(s) nearby.

Thank you for your advice.

I have done everything except selecting "custom" mode for HD imagery transmission, will try tomorrow.
2017-5-7
Use props
Ekapon
lvl.1
Thailand

I finally solved the green/black screen problem with the following settings…

DJI GO App
• Image Transmission : Custom, 5.8 GHz, low mbps (4-6 mbps)
• Video Cache : off

I also updated my iPad to iOS 10.3.2 Beta.

All of the above settings are to reduce processor load on my old iPad Air, but I'm still not sure which part of those settings actually solve the problem.

My iPad is still hot while flying, I also tried using it under direct sunlight, but there is no green/black screen problem again.

Knock on wood.
2017-5-15
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Captain
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ekapon Posted at 2017-5-15 06:54
I finally solved the green/black screen problem with the following settings…

DJI GO App

Glad you resolved it!
2017-5-15
Use props
Resin
New
Flight distance : 101352 ft
United States

I also have the half screen flashes and will try the above settings.  What also happens to me is that my video recording turns off after about 15 seconds of record time.  I am using a 64g high speed card, and it is generally empty before each session.  I am suspecting the interruption of video is related to the screen flashes.  Does that make sense??
2017-5-16
Use props
Ekapon
lvl.1
Thailand

Resin Posted at 2017-5-16 01:38
I also have the half screen flashes and will try the above settings.  What also happens to me is that my video recording turns off after about 15 seconds of record time.  I am using a 64g high speed card, and it is generally empty before each session.  I am suspecting the interruption of video is related to the screen flashes.  Does that make sense??

My video is fine.
2017-5-17
Use props
Ekapon
lvl.1
Thailand

I also signed out from the DJI account in DJI GO app, as someone has suggested.
2017-5-17
Use props
xpjet96
lvl.1
United States

I was having similar issues while using an non-Apple lightning cord.  Bought a short 1-foot cord for convenience.  Switched to an original Apple cord and everything was great.  Since tested the short cord with other applications and found the cord to be bad.  I will only use an Apple built cord from now on.
2017-5-17
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Captain
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

xpjet96 Posted at 2017-5-17 10:42
I was having similar issues while using an non-Apple lightning cord.  Bought a short 1-foot cord for convenience.  Switched to an original Apple cord and everything was great.  Since tested the short cord with other applications and found the cord to be bad.  I will only use an Apple built cord from now on.

Opposite happened for me. Not all of my Apple device issues were cable-related but my random disconnections were. I was previously using two different new, authentic Apple cables with 2 different iPads. I switched one out with a cheap cable I picked up at a local gas station. No more disconnects. Go figure.
2017-5-17
Use props
fansa8dc1b7e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112986 ft
Australia

Ekapon Posted at 2017-5-7 02:53

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiJtPm-QxCg

I have the exact same problem and it started right after updating my iphone to IOS 10.3.1.  When i switched to a samsumg mobile the problem disappeared.

It appears that others are having issues with 10.3.1.

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... ipad-mini-4.114173/

2017-5-18
Use props
Ekapon
lvl.1
Thailand

Apple has released the iOS 10.3.2.
I flew +10 flights with no longer problem.
2017-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules